Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    She'll be punished, but I doubt non-medical workers have a significant first-aid mandate. If anything that would be exposing them to more liability.
    lmao at the fact he thinks an officer could have saved this guys life

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    She'll be punished, but I doubt non-medical professionals have a significant first-aid mandate. If anything that would be exposing them to more liability.
    Pretty much all First Responders (police included) are trained in emergency first aid.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lmao at the fact he thinks an officer could have saved this guys life
    It's not about that, dude was a goner it's just shocking none of them even tried anything. Doesn't look like his was domed so they had no way to know if he was dead or not.

She'll be punished, but I doubt non-medical professionals have a significant first-aid mandate. If anything that would be exposing them to more liability.
    Good Samaritan laws and the like are common and make it nearly impossible to be sued over attempted first aid, especially as a cop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Pretty much all First Responders (police including) are trained in emergency first aid.
    Yeah, they might have a legal duty like applying pressure to stop blood loss. But I can also see cases where they should not get involved in medical care since imperfect medical treatment could make them legally liable.

Honestly, I doubt any officer gets convicted because of this. They may try and prosecute, but almost any jury will have a single pro-police or racist person on it, and it will be susceptible to jury nullification. Some people don't give a shit what police officers do, so long as they don't do it to them.

Kek @ this title!
    BLM is based on a lie just as this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Kek @ this title!
    BLM is based on a lie just as this thread.
    It is 100% true though. He is unarmed, and had his hands up until he was ordered to put them on the side of his SUV. But what do you expect from a shitposter like you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Good Samaritan laws and the like are common and make it nearly impossible to be sued over attempted first aid, especially as a cop.
    Yes but the US is very litigious and damage seekers would not call it "failed first-aid" after the fact. They would claim something more malicious.

Yes but the US is very litigious and damage seekers would not call it "failed first-aid" after the fact. They would claim something more malicious.
    So what? The law would not allow them to sue. I checked, literally every state has a Good Samaritan law. Fear of litigation as a reason not to administer first aid has no legal basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Oh it's perfectly fine to be scared, in my opinion. But only if you are actually brave enough to face those fears instead of just panicking and killing.
    Fear is normal. But that's why you have training. It's why soldiers go through basic training and then are continually trained throughout their tours. Our problem is that our cops aren't held to the same standards, or even anywhere close to them.

Training is how you deal with fear. It doesn't make you stop being afraid, it ingrains habits and actions that will take place even when you're afraid. If we properly trained our officers and then also required them to stay up to date on training, I feel like we'd have far less unnecessary shootings like this and many others.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So what? The law would not allow them to sue. I checked, literally every state has a Good Samaritan law. Fear of litigation as a reason not to administer first aid has no legal basis.
    The issue is that the Samaritan represents the typical person who doesn't have any training. An officer who does have some first-aid training but is not a medical professional would be held to different standard.

The issue is that the Samaritan represents the typical person who doesn't have any training. An officer who does having some first-aid training but is not a medical professional would be held to different standard.
    Takes some serious blinders to think that cops are held to a legally higher standard in this country, but there's no evidence here offered that a police officer would not be protected by the laws every state has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, what happened that so many police arrived for a stranded driver.. I mean there was a freaking helicopter? Nothing is making sense with this. I couldn't really make out why he would have been shot from just the video either.

Unfortunately this will never end, there is no fix for this for as long as HUMANs are in the police force. The best we can do is handle it properly afterwards.

Lady cop got scared and put the biggin down. Lady cops are the problem. THANKS ZOOTOPIA

Watching the video, he wasn't following directions and when the shots were fired his hands were NOT in the air. Misleading bait title typical of this type of bullshit topic.

That being said, with four cops there one of them should have had a taser out and used it while the other three kept their guns on the suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Watching the video, he wasn't following directions and when the shots were fired his hands were NOT in the air. Misleading bait title typical of this type of bullshit topic.

That being said, with four cops there one of them should have had a taser out and used it while the other three kept their guns on the suspect.
    We don't know if he wasn't following directions. He might have been ordered back to the SUV. His hands were on the SUV though.

And one cop did taser him, which I think is what scared the other cop into shooting him. If she doesn't know what happens when someone is tasered, she obviously hasn't sat in on a demonstration of what happens. So she probably shot him when he twitched.

Good riddance. the dumb ass walks over to his vehicle and reaches into his car window what fuck did you think was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Good riddance. the dumb ass walks over to his vehicle and reaches into his car window what fuck did you think was going to happen.
    Kinda hard to reach into his windows, WHEN THE WINDOW IS FUCKING CLOSED.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Disobedience is a right that should never be punished with death.

You know what it's called when citizens can't be disobedient to the state without dying? Fascism.
    So if someone is going to drop a nuke and we say no and he disobeys we cannot end his life? Your argument is riddled with holes.