Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why Aren't Mythic Dungeons in Dungeon Finder

I never bothered with Mythic dungeons since their introduction in MoP. Then they just seemed like speed runs that were a little harder, that concept didn't appeal to me, and i was ok not running them. Same basic story for WoD, i had little interest in doing them. Now comes Legion and it seems interesting, mostly due to the fact anything worthwhile are linked to them.

Some of the later artifact quests are tied to them, Court of Starts and the Arcway are Mythic only, and all of the Legion dungeon achievements require them to be done in Mythic. So why isn't Mythic an option in the Dungeon Finger tool?

Im not trying to start a flame war or even talking about Mythic+, i am just curious why this decision was made if anyone has an idea as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    I never bothered with Mythic dungeons since their introduction in MoP. Then they just seemed like speed runs that were a little harder, that concept didn't appeal to me, and i was ok not running them. Same basic story for WoD, i had little interest in doing them. Now comes Legion and it seems interesting, mostly due to the fact anything worthwhile are linked to them.

Some of the later artifact quests are tied to them, Court of Starts and the Arcway are Mythic only, and all of the Legion dungeon achievements require them to be done in Mythic. So why isn't Mythic an option in the Dungeon Finger tool?

Im not trying to start a flame war or even talking about Mythic+, i am just curious why this decision was made if anyone has an idea as to why.
    Mythic Dungeons are what old heroics used to be they just changed what they are called.

If they open Mythic Dungeons to ques the first thing that will happen is crying from a certain population of the game's playerbase that aren't exactly........very good.

Essentially by allowing people to que for Mythic dungeons it opens them up to X% more people conveniently, some of which are dumb, lazy, or some combination of both and Blizzard probably doesn't want to attempt to cater to them around Mythic dungeons.

They are intended to be challenging five man content that requires a noticeable increase in time investment when compared to heroic dungeons.

Mythic dungeons require some co-ordination. I'm not saying mythic dungeons are stupidly hard or anything, but if you put the average or god forbid the under average player into these dungeons it WILL become a giant shitfest.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Mythic dungeons require some co-ordination. I'm not saying mythic dungeons are stupidly hard or anything, but if you put the average or god forbid the under average player into these dungeons it WILL become a giant shitfest.
    And their response to the shitfest won't be to improve their play or fix what they are doing wrong, but instead repeat what they did in Cataclysm and piss and moan on the forums until it gets nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    And their response to the shitfest won't be to improve their play or fix what they are doing wrong, but instead repeat what they did in Cataclysm and piss and moan on the forums until it gets nerfed.
    The optimist in me wants to say this is exaggerated and cynical, but the realist in me knows that people do anything in their power to shift blame and not take responsibility. Improving is anathema to many
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Yeah, pretty much this. It's safer for everyones sanity, including blizzards to not have this be on the dungeon finder.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    So why isn't Mythic an option in the Dungeon Finger tool?
    Could you imagine the last boss of Vault of the Wardens in a pug?

It's to stimulate the socialized aspect of the game.

You are truly forced to interact which means you may make friends, friends can sometimes equal guilds but they almost always equal longer subscriptions since you get so much positive reinforcement when you log in. Suddenly people ask if you want to go run a dungeon or do world quests together, that sort of thing.

The tuning isn't so hard - at least on the non-Surumar dungeons - that they couldn't just let you random match, but at this point we have the tools to find a group pretty quickly and community in the game has needed a boost since Cataclysm came out.

Mythic dungeons require some co-ordination.
    This so much, if you can't even bother to open the dungeon finder tool and find a group then you shouldn't ask for better gear before improving your mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    thats nightmare material right there lol

It's so you are immersed in the world by having to make a group and physically run over to/into the dungeon.

It promotes socializing as well.

What sort of coordination do they require? I started doing them at 807 ilvl and mythics were already a joke, but bosses took 4 mins to kill. Now im 850 ilvl and they're just a zerg fest like normal and heroic, been pretty much like that since 820-825 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    This so much, if you can't even bother to open the dungeon finder tool and find a group then you shouldn't ask for better gear before improving your mindset.
    just let me queue with my frost DK. wait a second.. ah, there are all the declines to any mythic!
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the gospel truth right here. Terribles will cry up a storm until it's nerfed. This is a great decision by Blizzard keeping them in their little queue world with other terribles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    just let me queue with my frost DK. wait a second.. ah, there are all the declines to any mythic!
    In the words of a brilliant donkey, "But you gotta have frieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeendsssssssssssss"

Make some friends, join a guild, make your own group and list...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I can't even imagine going into Mythic with some of the people I've run into in heroics the last week or so (the first few weeks were great, but recently ... wow). I'm talking arms warriors with 840 ilvl and doing less than 100k dps single target. Hell any class at 830+ not doing at least 130k is just ... not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having done Vault of the Wardens last night with a guild group. I can tell you that the average PUG will crash and burn in the most horrible imaginable way.

Truth be told we were doing mythic without having done the normal or heroic counterpart. But we had a total of 6 or 7 wipes on that final boss with the rest of the bosses going down really easy. And this was a group of guildies that are fairly skilled at the game.

I loved actually ‘progressing’ through that fight and it is now my favorite dungeon in Legion my miles :P But i don’t want to tank that final fight in a PUG just yet …
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    thats nightmare material right there lol
    Why? If you cant manage the walls keep jumping off the ground until fighting resumes.
    Id say the torturer is much more difficult for someone not paying a single thought on boss abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    After having done Vault of the Wardens last night with a guild group. I can tell you that the average PUG will crash and burn in the most horrible imaginable way.

Truth be told we were doing mythic without having done the normal or heroic counterpart. But we had a total of 6 or 7 wipes on that final boss with the rest of the bosses going down really easy. And this was a group of guildies that are fairly skilled at the game.

I loved actually ‘progressing’ through that fight and it is now my favorite dungeon in Legion my miles :P But i don’t want to tank that final fight in a PUG just yet …
    If you wiped 6-7 times on the final boss, or any boss in a mythic dungeon I really wouldn't call yourself or the people in your party 'fairly skilled at the game'.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Also Odyn lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    I pugged 10/10 with my frost dk, sure 20 groups will decline you the 21st will accept. Be patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    If you wiped 6-7 times on the final boss, or any boss in a mythic dungeon I really wouldn't call yourself or the people in your party 'fairly skilled at the game'.
    hey internet hero, how about actually giving feedback to the OP instead of making yourself look like an ass
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .