Thread: Aff Warlock

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aff Warlock

Hello

Using Recount.
    Wondering if any1 has some recount number for Affliction on elite packs of 2-3 and bosses for Mythics. Really want to know if any1
    is pulling some good numbers.

I know running Destro i can get around 200-250k against elite packs of 2-3 with Havoc and im sitting anywhere from 180 to 250k

I really like the idea of Affliction more than Destro and wondering if any1 has found a way to push those numbers up as i can only seem to get around
    100k on the Mythic Dummies in class hall.

Let me know if your an Aff Lock and are getting to the 150k+ and how your doing it please.

Thanks

Running affli as a 842 affli lock with about 117% Mastery and 15% Haste. So far I haven't been able to get close to the numbers you describe on 2-3-pack and I think I end up around a steady 130k on bosses. Life is hard as affliction man.

I shine when I get a pack with 5+. That's where my friends gets amazed with the amount of AOE I'm able to put out, especially when there's trashmobs close by. My main issue is the on-kill traits on the affliction artifact. It rarely contributes to dungeons at all, as it's as mentioned: On kill. Most of the useful stuff dissapears between the pulls, and the on-kill explosion from Soul Flame comes into play when it's too late.

Destro is the go-to build for lock at the moment due to the DPS, which I really understand. There's not much to contribute with as affliction at the moment that one of the other speccs can't do better. I'm just being stubborn as affliction, awaiting the buff that will take us above the clouds!

Ahh, My gear is 843 which is on par with your own. Its a little sad as i prefer Aff as i just like the idea of corrupting my opponents and so forth

With an update tonight for raids tomorrow is there any news on class changes (Possible buffs?)

According to Blizzard, there will be no tuning on any classes until the first raiding week has passed, except for the obvious nerfs that is needed with different tanking classes. I'm guessing we will see some hotfixes here and there after the raiding gets going, but I think affliction will be one of the weaker speccs in this expansion.

Deleted

171k dps on the single target raidboss dummy over one cooldown cycle (three minutes). Admittedly, I'm not sure if Skada is clever enough to not count Soul Effigy damage but this number is pathetic regardless of that.

Here are my artifact, my gear and my talents for this:

Even when we have stuff dying for Soul Flame and Wrath of Consumption to proc often enough for the latter to not fall off, we're looking at pathetic damage numbers in the ballpark of ~205-210k for single target.
    Last edited by mmocac9ee8a52f; 2016-09-20 at 05:45 AM.

Roughly similar to me in the artifact. I go with Sow the Seeds, Singularity and Supremacy as talents for the AoE damage instead though. Contagion for the chance of doing some ST dmg as well during bosses. Still pretty sad regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Locki View Post
    Roughly similar to me in the artifact. I go with Sow the Seeds, Singularity and Supremacy as talents for the AoE damage instead though. Contagion for the chance of doing some ST dmg as well during bosses. Still pretty sad regardless.
    With Contagion you're essentially gimping your already shit burst if you try to maximize uptime. I don't think it's the go-to talent even for AoE since Corruption ticks (boosted by the Corruption talent) may account for a decent chunk of it. Later when we get tier bonuses things may change with the vastly increased shard proc rate.

Yeah the reasoning is more about the flat dmg-increase of 15% on a single target. But with the current state of things I guess it would make more sense to go all out aoe OR st, rather than a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    With Contagion you're essentially gimping your already shit burst if you try to maximize uptime. I don't think it's the go-to talent even for AoE since Corruption ticks (boosted by the Corruption talent) may account for a decent chunk of it. Later when we get tier bonuses things may change with the vastly increased shard proc rate.
    Yep, contagion is very bad talent. During blood lust your UA duration is what? 3 seconds? This is a joke. Also don't know why but every time I tried soul effigy I did lower dps than soul conduit (30% haste)

Deleted
    At the moment affliction is a one trick pony, it's good at pack AOE - so long as you completely talent for it. Even this niche will gradually be eroded as other classes gear up and burst down the packs faster and faster, those Corruptions and Demonic Sacrifices won;t have any time to tick, just like now in heroic and increasingly Mythic mode dungeons

Affliction's damage outside of it's niche is absolutely pitiful. My gues sis that they painted themselves into the usual conrer when they rolled the damage back into dots. You simply cannot have good damage in dots for single target without making them wildly overpowered for multiple target fights. We have been there before. The anser has always been to make the dots weaker and multiply them up by a spell that is single target only, or at least hard to keep upon more than one. Haunt, Drain Soul, Malefic Grasp, back to Haunt and Drain Soul

Soul Effigy is this expac's solution. Sadly it is one of th emost lame-ass and unfun iterations we have ever had. It is a pretyt much direct copy of Prismatic Crystal, which was almost universally hated by mages and was dispose dof to everyone's relief.

AFAIK Skada still counts damage on Soul Effigy, so affliction's damage is likely even worse than you think. On single target it is pitiful, embarassing. Even if you talent it up and throw away the one thing affliction is haflway good at.

They could easily buff affliction's single target without doing anything disruptive - buff up Drain Soul or Shadow Bite or Soul Effigy, all of which are exclusively single target. Frankly, I;d rather see Soul Effigy buried in the garbage where it belongs, but we won't see this. Bizarrely they actually nerfed Soul Effigy several times, perhaps becaus eit can be abused in PVP.

But aflfiction is awful in PVP anyway. Any burst class can melt through your Dark Pact, Demon Skin shields and right through your health pool with no trouble at all, whilst laughing as your dots hit for 20-30k on their two million plus health.

Deleted
    Hi, i was surprised to read that people are having trouble getting some numbers with aff, after personnal try i'd say to go arround 50% hate / 50% mastery if you can, im at like 8700 haste and 7500 mastery and there is literally no fight where im under 180K, wich is still nothing compared to other classes but enough to not be kicked ...
    Most of the time i dunjon with a rogue and a dh, so my lack of dps on trash is not that big of a deal and on short MM bosses with BL i can spike at 260-290K depending on procs and crit.

I don't know where you guys are getting all the haste. I have 848 ilvl, and have only 10% haste (granted I've been very unlucky with haste drops, but quite lucky with 850 WF having crit/mastery on it)... Seeing someone speak of 50%, which I only just reach with bloodlust seems like a dream...

Affli good for pvp and mythic+, pathetic in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Affli good for pvp and mythic+, pathetic in raids.
    How so? I mean, on the prepatch it was actually good, where I could easily go toe to toe with a melee player on par with me - and the better player would win (in terms of cc, defensives, juking). I could also tank 2-3 "stupid" melees (ie melees who played naively, pop all cds and try to burst with little or no counterplay or cc).

Now? A monk/dh, or any melee really, can just jump me, pop cds and burst me 100 - 0 in one 5s stun. If my trink is on and I managed to juke, I have a very slight chance to survive more, but usually not enough to win 1v1 (even if they eat a fear, they will usually break, reangage and outdps my self-healing). But this is rare, generally it's back to melees eating me alive with no thought beyond stun-cd-burst-gg.

Am I doing something wrong, all of a sudden? I don't think so.

In dungeons I am *decent* with 30% haste 76% mastery as long as we get many meaty multi-mob pulls and can hold my own on some bosses (where there are many low-prio targets I can hang my Agony on and dump the resources into the boss in my Obelisk trinket windows). But pure ST is indeed ridiculous, and even in the bst case scenario many classes can do better without even trying.

Raids? I am an avid Aff player and not really in a progression environment, so I'll play Aff on all EN bosses just because I can. But I'm prepared for max suckage on most bosses, mayyyybe I'll do decent on fights with fodder adds (Ilghgyanwhateveroth, Druid spider chick?). ST I'll probably be above healers, on dragons Aff is just gimping myself (I half expect my Destro with little to no AP and 830 relics to eat Aff for breakfast). There's no real 3-4 target council fight in EN, is there.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-09-20 at 09:15 AM.

You can play it but you'll get better numbers with destro or demo, the main issue with affliction is the artifact, that relies on constantly killing adds to be effective.
    Also the soul effigy talent is very annoying, if you are masochist and enjoy that kind of gameplay feel free to play it.
    If affliction gets buffed and it's 20% above destro or demo we will play it, otherwise, I will avoid that spec like death. Long gone are times with soulburn:soul swap when you could dot the entire room in 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Running affli as a 842 affli lock with about 117% Mastery and 15% Haste. So far I haven't been able to get close to the numbers you describe on 2-3-pack and I think I end up around a steady 130k on bosses. Life is hard as affliction man.

I shine when I get a pack with 5+. That's where my friends gets amazed with the amount of AOE I'm able to put out, especially when there's trashmobs close by. My main issue is the on-kill traits on the affliction artifact. It rarely contributes to dungeons at all, as it's as mentioned: On kill. Most of the useful stuff dissapears between the pulls, and the on-kill explosion from Soul Flame comes into play when it's too late.

Destro is the go-to build for lock at the moment due to the DPS, which I really understand. There's not much to contribute with as affliction at the moment that one of the other speccs can't do better. I'm just being stubborn as affliction, awaiting the buff that will take us above the clouds!
    i mean if you are 842 with 117% mastery and 15% haste and only get 130k on bosses you are doing something drastically wrong, im not saying affliction is in good shape, no, but i get 300k dps with BL, there is not a single boss i do under 150k dps in mythic dungeons and im 842 102% mastery and 25% haste.

But the numbers are still very bad, especially in single target, they should remove the soul effigy from the game and come up with something better, that spell is retarded and just lazy mechanic imo, also should buff some numbers, make corruption do more dmg maybe, its kinda pathetic right now.
    E/ 1 thing i find interesting is that on the final boss in blackrook hold i have been top1 dps almost every time(because of the buff you get there i think), so maybe its true that affli lock just scales so extremely well with gear and that once we get more hase/mastery we will rise up again.
    Last edited by mmocfac1d06f62; 2016-09-20 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hish View Post
    i mean if you are 842 with 117% mastery and 15% haste and only get 130k on bosses you are doing something drastically wrong, im not saying affliction is in good shape, no, but i get 300k dps with BL, there is not a single boss i do under 150k dps in mythic dungeons and im 842 102% mastery and 25% haste.

But the numbers are still very bad, especially in single target, they should remove the soul effigy from the game and come up with something better, that spell is retarded and just lazy mechanic imo, also should buff some numbers, make corruption do more dmg maybe, its kinda pathetic right now.
    E/ 1 thing i find interesting is that on the final boss in blackrook hold i have been top1 dps almost every time(because of the buff you get there i think), so maybe its true that affli lock just scales so extremely well with gear and that once we get more hase/mastery we will rise up again.
    I'm probably doing something wrong here, but I run with the AOE-specc which gimps my ST. On mob fights, it's decent at least. But I think you have a point with regards of haste. The few guides for aff out there seems to point out mastery as the main stat to focus on, but what you experience seem to be the same for me with BL and the likes, especially when soul effigy is in play.

Are there any guides or similar that are a bit more up to date perhaps? Most that touches on affliction are from the beta.

Deleted
    I'm probably doing something wrong here, but I run with the AOE-specc which gimps my ST. On mob fights, it's decent at least. But I think you have a point with regards of haste. The few guides for aff out there seems to point out mastery as the main stat to focus on, but what you experience seem to be the same for me with BL and the likes, especially when soul effigy is in play.

Are there any guides or similar that are a bit more up to date perhaps? Most that touches on affliction are from the beta.
    I feel like its not worth running StS as a talent even in dungeons, your aoe dps is still strong even without it if played right and your single target dps just gets a big hit becuase of it, people still mostly care about boss dps.
    I also run Phantom singularity always, because when some fights id like to swap over to effigy, the dps increase is just so little that i dont think its really worth it. You get to use phantom singularity twice almost every boss fight, sometimes even 3x and when the boss has adds spawning just save it till they spawn to use it and you do more dps than with effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hish View Post

What's your spec and rotation!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walty87 View Post
    What's your spec and rotation!?
    affliction agony>PS>grim of service>doomguard>siphon life>corruption>ua>drain life.
    I try to keep ua up 100% of the time but when im getting low on shards i sometimes wont insta cast it after the last one falls off and wait for a litte more stacks from CH. I also have Fatal Echoes from my weapon, wich is actually a really big deal, it synergizes somewhat with CH aswell cause i have longer time to let CH stack sometimes.