Capping Fury with Fel Rush and Momentum

Hello everyone,

I have a question that could maybe be answered by someone here. I have been holding my Fel Rush in order to not cap out on Fury even if Momentum is down. I was wondering, is this a good practice? In other words, should I use Fel Rush at 80 Fury to trigger Momentum even though it will cap or should I hold off and use a Chaos Strike before triggering Momentum?

Deleted
    Maintaining a higher uptime of momentum will generate a higher DPS for you, so Fel Rush even if it caps you. This will be easier to handle once the Artifact Weapon gets high enough to give you an increased max Fury.

Even if its lost Fury, go for the Momentum window. You're ready to use that Fury, after all.

Higher momentum uptime is more important!

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Higher momentum uptime is more important!
    Honestly, so long as you aren't overlapping Momentum windows and are keeping VR as well as at least 1 charge of Fel Rush always on CD, the momentum uptime is gonna be there, what's probably more crucial is the spells you use in that window. Absolutely all Fury of the Illidari's, Glaive Throws, and Eye Beams (once you get Anguish of the deceiver) must be used with Momentum up. Demonic Bite and Chaos Strikes are what you have left to work with, and obviously you want to maximize the number of Chaos Strikes inside Momentum, and the number of Demonic Bites outside of it. The only way OP would lose overall Momentum uptime in his described situation is if he's sitting on 2x charges of Fel Rush, in which case yeah he should go ahead and FR first.

Otherwise, while it might seem unintuitive at first glance, but when I have some number of Fury like 90+, I like to Chaos Strike anyways without Momentum up (provided I'm not actually losing Momentum up-time in the long term), and only then I Fel Rush, which often brings me right back or very close to max Fury anyways, and then I have a full fury bar and a fresh healthy 4 sec momentum window to dump Chaos Strikes with the same as if I had Fel Rush'd earlier. Depending on the amt of Fury you lost to the Fury cap, and whether you were refunded 20 Fury by the Chaos Strike crit or not, you might have simply substituted an un-Momentum buffed Demonic Bite for an un-Momentum buffed Chaos Strike.

Though as has already been mentioned, this will probably almost never be an issue once you pick up the trait for +30 max fury.
    Last edited by Peppered; 2016-09-20 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks for the replies, it does seem that the Momentum buff being up as long as possible is the best way to go. I was skeptical since I have always been weary of capping out on a resource. It does seem however that the +20% for longer far outweighs the +10 Fury I might waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping momentum up gets substantially more difficult in raids because you have to be aware of where your dash will take you. If there are a lot of death swirls on the ground, we'll be hesitant to fel rush, that's my current concern. This will lessen over time as you get more comfortable each pull, but still.. Not quite as easy as standing in 1 spot and watching your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    Keeping momentum up gets substantially more difficult in raids because you have to be aware of where your dash will take you. If there are a lot of death swirls on the ground, we'll be hesitant to fel rush, that's my current concern. This will lessen over time as you get more comfortable each pull, but still.. Not quite as easy as standing in 1 spot and watching your rotation.
    You are correct, in these situations Nemesis will probably be better. I am sure there will be fights where Momentum will be fine though, a good idea to learn both.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post

Inconceivable... for the past month we've heard nothing but, "if you can't momo on every fight, then you suck"...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!