Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh for the love of Cthulhu please no more 'tinker'/tech/gimmick type classes.

I like a lot of the ideas in that tank spec.

Only way I'd ever be okay with a mechanical class would be:
    1. They rename the engineering profession to "tinker {random toy bollocks}", the stuff in the brackets is optional.
    2. They call the new class engineer.
    3. They don't base it in the slightest on craptastic goblin and gnome tech.
    4. They don't even mention goblin and gnomes in the class lore at all.
    5. Their abilities won't look like DIY junk cobbled together.

or the OP just rolls a BM hunter and learns tinker random toy bollocks.. I mean "engineering".

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Isn't Teriz enough? What is wrong with you people..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    Or you could just go to a profession trainer and learn engineering
    Yes because clearly engineering can make you a tank, healer and a dps with seperate abilities and talents.

Deleted
    Thanks, someone who read it! i think you can get the "feel " of the spec with those, i'm gonna wirte down Dps, and Healer spec as well when i can

Deleted
    Tinker/engineer would be really good.

Something using technology, machines

Not another melee edgelord or another caster that casts "purple stuff instead of red"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

What else could we have that is not another melee class with "different animations and colours" or a caster with the same spells as a mage but with a different name?

Mechanical classes are the best bet, but blizzard probably doesn't have the balls to get out of comfort zone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Is tinker really the best class you lot can come up with now? How about something more interesting and central to the lore?

Oh god please do not refer to yet another anti-demon melee or warlocky class...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would, as I've said in other threads, love to see a Tinker or in this case, Machinist on the field.

It is an actual profession among the world, and about 6-7 races has them already in one way or the other.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah its pretty much the tinker spec that gets brought up every other month, its a solid idea that will surely be the next spec as you could easily write out a spec for melee, physical ranged dps, magic ranged dps, tank and heals.

Id personally call the healing spec apothecary and make it a potion healing style spec with all the gadgets and shit. apothecary just sounds cooler and seems more lore appropriate. Id keep them using mana just because mana is a common limiterfor all healing classes

I wouldnt allow night elf and trolls, they are super in tune with nature and neither really use tech.
    Draenei and blood elves on the other hand both use technology and have arcane constructs, so it would be natural for them to have a tinker spec.

Anywho, i doubt that a tinker wont be added within the next 2 expansions. there is no reason not to unless you take the flimsy logic that 'a proffession that makes gadgets exists, therefore a class that uses mechanical weapons can not exist'

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Is tinker really the best class you lot can come up with now? How about something more interesting and central to the lore?
    Well, Tinker is one of the Classes that Kind of Exist already, that is not a variation of another Class.

I kind of Like the Idea. But I would make the Specc a little bit more like how Mekkadrill behaves. And make the Specc utilize actual Vehicles/Robots.
    That would be Awesome

I'd like to see a engineer/tinker type class but I'd like to see it work a bit differently depending on the spec.
    * The tank spec could use a mech 24/7 and have abilities to boost, repair and move their mech.
    * The healer spec could use turrets & gizmos to heal their allies
    * The ranged spec could use guns, grenades and rockets
    * A melee spec could also be an option, maybe focusing on turrets, mines, grenades and stuff like that.

Deleted
    That's exaclty what my tanking spec does^^ read it