Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    What is true is that the healing from bloodthirst is way stronger than what people give it credit for
    So it at best somewhat shines in the probably most irrelevant niche scenario ? Yeah no not sold.
    I'd take the outlaw kit any day over the trash fury has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Something about Enraged Regenreration Burst Heal
    What was very entertaining: When doing WQs you most often enter PvP Mode against elites. The Slaughterhouse effect to reduce Bloodthrist CD caused the healing to be very funny: 20% HP healed every 1.15 seconds with 0 CD. Insane! But these PvP Talent effects seem so mandatory in PvE right now it feels silly that they are even PvP exclusive!

Deleted
    The only time Fury has ever been as competitive as Arms in 3s was with Shadowmourne or 4.0 Fury, both extremely overpowered. Between the lack of CS until Cata, Enrage dependency and in turn it being soothable, lack of CS from WoD onwards and the lack of spread damage and Execute damage Arms has literally dominated the Warrior PvP spec scene.

There's the odd Warrior getting glad with Fury, proving it's "viable" for whatever the fuck you want, but at this point the best you can hope for is the average player not taking 5 years to realise Fury isn't going to be better than Arms.

If you're talking about PvE, the lack of damage compared to Arms is what makes us play Arms. You're not losing a raid spot because you're taking 20% increased damage - even if I think the whole design is pointless, if you're being benched because you're playing Fury it's because Arms does substantially more damage or your raid leader is wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    If you're talking about PvE, the lack of damage compared to Arms is what makes us play Arms. You're not losing a raid spot because you're taking 20% increased damage - even if I think the whole design is pointless, if you're being benched because you're playing Fury it's because Arms does substantially more damage or your raid leader is wrong.
    This. The "problem" with fury isn't the DTI from enrage, it's the DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Which, judging by the amount of haste shit on all our tier gear as well as the fact Arms almost never ends up being better than Fury... Should be fixed. Warriors historically favour Fury, we also happen to have the whiniest class forums (possibly second to Warlocks at the moment) so I'd be willing to bet a small fortune something will be done.

Deleted
    Which, judging by the amount of haste shit on all our tier gear as well as the fact Arms almost never ends up being better than Fury... Should be fixed. Warriors historically favour Fury, we also happen to have the whiniest class forums (possibly second to Warlocks at the moment) so I'd be willing to bet a small fortune something will be done.
    Yeah. The fury kit is more versatile than arms, too. If not for the current tuning, fury would definitely be favored over arms in PVE (Hell Odyn's Fury is actually pretty useful whereas reckstorm is likely overkill for it's intended use while having double the CD).

Deleted
    Yeah. The fury kit is more versatile than arms, too. If not for the current tuning, fury would definitely be favored over arms in PVE (Hell Odyn's Fury is actually pretty useful whereas reckstorm is likely overkill for it's intended use while having double the CD).
    Yeah exactly, the killer is target switching. Fury is limited somewhat by crit for Enraged up time but with gear that gets better whereas Arms is limited by CS resets which it only gets more reliant on as gear increases and we get more mastery. More Haste does mean more rage spent so more resets but even with 3 EtW relics and high haste there's a huge possibility to go 10 seconds without a reset which is just devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's not ''unplayable'', but it makes little sense.

Flavor wise, it doesn't fit the berserker fantasy. Aren't you to supposed to feel less pain when you go bersek, not more? Why would you take more damage? They could have gone for something more flavorful, such as staggering the damage taken ALA Brewmaster, or make it so you take less damage during Enrage, but take more a few seconds after exiting Enrage, to show how much it does take a toll on your body, just not right now.
    As someone who really values flavor, and so I defended extra damage being added back in (when they also promised superior self-healing) I didn't know how much I want this! This is an awesome idea. Frankly they probably would've done that in vanilla if they had the tech, which I'm not sure they did. Instead they went for more damage taken (reckless) plus self-healing (a stand-in for not feeling pain).

Is there any reason to bring a fury warrior to a raid even if they did competitive DPS? Why not just bring a DPS that doesn't take more damage? If arms and fury did the exact same damage, what reason would you possibly have to choose the fury warrior over the arms warrior?

Enraged Regeneration really should be a 1 minute CD, if not 45s. 1 minute with a talent that reduces the CD by 1s everytime you enrage.

I'm tired of hearing this bullshit, "Fury is garbage too much damage intake & less DPS than Arms". I've been a contender for being the top DPS in my group every single Mythic I've done as Fury, if not just dominating the charts. Plus that raid CD is clutch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Is there any reason to bring a fury warrior to a raid even if they did competitive DPS? Why not just bring a DPS that doesn't take more damage? If arms and fury did the exact same damage, what reason would you possibly have to choose the fury warrior over the arms warrior?
    We have a raid-wide CD. Now do other classes/hunter pets have it? I'm not sure...
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

It's honestly a combination of the two. If Fury actually excelled at DPS, the arbitrary bullshit penalty for simply existing that the devs feel we need to have would be easier to get over and deal with.

We're simply an AoE burst cooldown piano. That's the only thing we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I'm tired of hearing this bullshit, "Fury is garbage too much damage intake & less DPS than Arms". I've been a contender for being the top DPS in my group every single Mythic I've done as Fury, if not just dominating the charts. Plus that raid CD is clutch.
    Fury is great in Mythics because all we do is AoE and short encounter burst.

Play against a good Arms player on a 5+ minute raid boss and tell me you're still dominating.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2016-09-20 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

Fury is great in Mythics because all we do is AoE and short encounter burst.

Play against a good Arms player on a 5+ minute raid boss and tell me you're still dominating.
    I just dominated two other Fury Warriors and one Arms Warrior in a group for that new world boss this morning. Was about a 4-5 minute fight.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

I just dominated two other Fury Warriors and one Arms Warrior in a group for that new world boss this morning. Was about a 4-5 minute fight.
    K bro.

Such serious world bosses.

Whatever. Logs will be out soon.

Well done, you are a very good player

Thanks for telling us, it made my day that there is some as good as you out there

I'm sorry that facts and statistics are getting in the way of your anecdotal evidence. Just because you've done some decent DPS doesn't mean the spec isn't dramatically behind Arms.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2016-09-20 at 08:12 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly when LFR hits I'm sure you'll be walking into there and destroying the arms and fury warriors in damage if you're any good. All this means is that they aren't as good...not that Fury is competitive against Arms. A good portion of the player base will likely lag quite badly on world bosses as I'm sure it's pretty crouded at the moment so that also affects dps. That and the fact that most people just the boss a couple times and then tab out. I'm also assuming that the world boss you bought isn't AoE based. If it was AoE based then you already have your answer.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-09-20 at 07:17 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Yeah exactly, the killer is target switching. Fury is limited somewhat by crit for Enraged up time but with gear that gets better whereas Arms is limited by CS resets which it only gets more reliant on as gear increases and we get more mastery. More Haste does mean more rage spent so more resets but even with 3 EtW relics and high haste there's a huge possibility to go 10 seconds without a reset which is just devastating.
    Yeah, I just loooove that moment when you're 22 secs to BC (- DR Reduction due to anger management) and I start angsting whether using the procc right now and risk going into BC without CS/SD, or sit on it and then get 3 in a row

The main thing I've been finding frustrating as fury recently is that my main self heal is on a 2 minute cooldown. so if I get swarmed by mobs, yeah I can get some extra heals from 2 (maybe) bloodthirsts.

Yet an arms warrior is able to keep on healing as long as he can kill mobs. Which fury used to have. Should STILL have, IMO. I'd happy trade the shitty Enraged Regen back for Victory Rush, or at leats an option to talent from one to the other (I can see Enraged Regen being better in dungeon/raid content, but out in the world? I'd rather have my kill the mob heal yourself spell back)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom