Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdi View Post
    Ah yes he has been working on Overwatch for the past 20 years.
    Title: Metzen WENT OUT on top.

Do not worry though, I know reading plain English is hard.

He's more of a sloppy bottom. Just saying.

Whoever is responsible for WoW lore is a very mediocre writer. I can't offer an opinion on those other games, but WoW lore is the most derivative shit I've ever seen. WoW lore is literally just a long list of things cribbed from world mythology, popular fiction, popular fantasy films, etc. I can't be the first person to note this fact, so you could probably scare up a list via google. Wow lore is stealing with both hands from Norse mythology, Irish mythology, the Highlander movie, Lovecraft, etc.

I mean, it's fucking ridiculous.

If you think Wow lore is something special it is because you haven't read the source material from which Wow lore plagiarizes so heavily. That's this thread in sum.

If Metzen was the guy Blizzard hired to be their world mythology and pop culture expert, maybe he fulfilled his role very well. I am not the expert on this guy's career at all.

Then again, maybe they could have come up with original stuff instead of just regurgitating from other sources. That might have been way better for WoW overall.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2016-09-20 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen will be fully redeemed when Thrall will back to be Warchief, or at least allow to kill Thrall.

Or changing spec to Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Are you serious? Abysmal writing in Legion? What game are you playing? The storytelling and questing experience in Legion is a huge step forward from previous expansions.
    I'm serious, and I'm appalled to see that some people actually consider the writing in Legion even remotely good. Seriously, WTF is wrong with your standards ? It reads like a teenage fanfiction with bad childish humour clashing with the supposed seriousness of the setting and making a joke of it all. You are sent left and right with no buildup and a few terse sentences, and often I was "so, what am I even doing here ?".

In fact, it's precisely because I couldn't believe my eyes with the horrible quest writing that I was browsing MMO-Champ when I answered this thread. Yes, I just alt-tabbed out of the game just to see if someone else was noticing just how bad it was, just to get a feel of the world making sense again.

That's what you call "huge step forward" ? Well, I suppose a bunch of people also found American Pie a monument of funny...
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-20 at 09:08 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Legion arguably one of the best expansions ever created.

Overwatch completely dominating.

Diablo still the top dog in ARPGs.

Starcraft 2 the only dog in RTSs.

Hearthstone shattered the casual game/mobile scene.

Heroes of the Storm still going strong in a genre dominated by 2 titans.

Metzen was to Blizzard what Jobs was to Apple.

After a few rough years (Cata-WoD), D3 launch, people asking if Blizzard still had the magic sauce... Metzen you got your redemption story buddy.
    Arguably, it COULD have been if it had a better end-game reward system. The story is good, gameplay is excellent, graphics are better than ever, but there are no goals to work towards in terms of good end-game gear. Instead you get what your lottery ticket wins you.

It's easilly top 3 though.

Metzen without a shadow of a doubt caught lightening in a bottle with the Warcraft franchise.

It was all about timing and if you know anything you will know he originally wanted to make a warhammer game but couldnt get the rights.

Its funny but timing is everything in this world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    Except for those who disliked MoP mostly for the panda-theme (like me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    but there are no goals to work towards in terms of good end-game gear. Instead you get what your lottery ticket wins you.
    I mean, uh... that's only because the Mythic+ and raids content haven't been released until... well, tonight. Maybe give it a few hours There are plenty of avenues for gearing up.

Sure if you don't want to advance in difficulty beyond spamming world quests and easy dungeons then you'll have to hope for some RNG but it's not exactly the intended progression path for end-game goals and gearing
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    The vast majority of mop "haters" were part of the "lulz pandas" crowd.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

You accidentally got that one right yes. Jobs was a flashy smooth talking narcissistic dictator that liked to take credit for all the stuff the real engineers and designers did. Metzen was VP of stories, non of the things you credit him with were basically his work.

Amazeballs how clueless people can be how many people it takes to make a product/game and how small the relative influence of the "faces" really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.
    I passed completely on Pandaria crap. Legion so far is the best expansion imo since TBC/WotLK.

he is a great guy and everony at blizzard will miss him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I love mists and hate legion. So your statement must not be true.
    What do you hate about it? Now, I'm asking what you hate, not what you dislike.
    Hi

Deleted
    stopped reading here

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The fuck is there to hate about Legion?
    The writing is, as said, terrible. The gameplay is simplistic and boring as fuck after the purge. They went hard after "each class its lore", but it ended making them completely different from what they were initially (I was playing a rogue, I'm now playing some kind of warlock with daggers). The ilvl inflation is still retarded. The scaling is a fucking abominable idea that makes no sense and ruins any crumbles of progression there was still left. We're all class leaders, which is comically stupid and immersion-breaking.

What the fuck is there to LIKE about Legion ? I mean, except that it's better than WoD, but what isn't ?

I hated Mists, I love Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account

What? Overwatch was decent in the beginning, but I litterally rather slice of my own testicles than ever play competitive again.

Competitive overwatch is the worst gaming experience I seen in my entire life.

Legion wins the top place for max level content (outside raids, we'll see in 2 years how they go)
    Warlords of Draenor wins for leveling
    Wrath of the Lich King wins for PvE content despite of the dumpster TotGC was.
    TBC wins for being a proper MMO experience and being hard. (5mans were great)
    Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria comes secon or third on a couple but both expansions suffered greatly from being out too long, so did Warlords of Draenor.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Diablo still the top dog in ARPGs.

Starcraft 2 the only dog in RTSs.

Hearthstone shattered the casual game/mobile scene.

Heroes of the Storm still going strong in a genre dominated by 2 titans.

After a few rough years (Cata-WoD), D3 launch, people asking if Blizzard still had the magic sauce... Metzen you got your redemption story buddy.

How can you say Legion was one of the best created when all you've done so far is quest, pvp (which is a mess) and hit 110? Lol