Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Artifact Weapon Refund System is .......

Sooo..... first of there is no confirmation required to spec a trait so missclicking or having a big fat Maine Coon thinking it's a nice thing to put her fat ass on my mouse "confirming" a shit trait (No joke). To then find myself in the position where refunding the trait COSTs 100% equal ammount of what my next trait would cost. Which makes the refund system completely useless unless you refund super duper early on. And no, GM's won't refund it I tried :P

Why is the refund system requiring you to spend that much points, I know we get the researches making the refund "seem less" but that means it'll take at least a week before that refunded trait puts you on par with how you'd be if you didn't refund as you'll eventually have all traits either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhazzyTV View Post
    Sooo..... first of there is no confirmation required to spec a trait so missclicking or having a big fat Maine Coon thinking it's a nice thing to put her fat ass on my mouse "confirming" a shit trait (No joke). To then find myself in the position where refunding the trait COSTs 100% equal ammount of what my next trait would cost. Which makes the refund system completely useless unless you refund super duper early on. And no, GM's won't refund it I tried :P

Why is the refund system requiring you to spend that much points, I know we get the researches making the refund "seem less" but that means it'll take at least a week before that refunded trait puts you on par with how you'd be if you didn't refund as you'll eventually have all traits either way.
    I understand your frustration. Basicly its a kinda punishing system if you mess up (fat finger or not checked up on path), which can set you behind. It is not too bad though, as you covered yourself you get all points eventually, and the only difference is the moment of your power spike.

While I agree the cost is to high (could be 25 or 50% of the current price) there should defo be a huge price, preventing people from spamming respec.

Deleted
    I don't mind it being highly priced but when a refund requires an additional 3-4 Days of endless grinding to get it back it's a bit too much imo.

After the next order research it's better but then again you have to actually farm the the Resources to be able to refund in the first place which is the biggest issue here.

The price is so high that the system should not even exist, lest someone accidentally uses it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    It is absolutely not too expensive.

We are talking about 2-3 days to a maximum of ~ one lockout to get that AP back. ANd how far are you behind? One TRAIT. Thats a miniscule DPS gain, even if the point is amazingly strong. And you will get it one week later.

Much ado about nothing...

It's pretty dumb. They're pretty much telling everyone to go look up the cookie cutter path on the web before you even start leveling

Deleted
    I have a pretty high AP lvl by now but got rather annoyed with the system hence the complaint.
    For me, this incident pushed me back 3 days on getting a trait making me able to one shot 3 people in arena if they stacked on me. But sure that might be seen as miniscule to some people.

They don't want you to respec to suit questing or raiding demands probably. It may sound silly, but this is WoW and people do shit like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    It's pretty dumb. They're pretty much telling everyone to go look up the cookie cutter path on the web before you even start leveling
    If you want to be optimized, you have already looked for the best path to take.
    If you don't need to be optimized, why would one trait allocation even bother you ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    It is absolutely not too expensive.

We are talking about 2-3 days to a maximum of ~ one lockout to get that AP back. ANd how far are you behind? One TRAIT. Thats a miniscule DPS gain, even if the point is amazingly strong. And you will get it one week later.

Much ado about nothing...
    You are really going to grind out 65 000 artifact power in 2 days? Nice man, why would anyone like you want a refund since you obviously possess all the artifact talents anyway?

Blizzard should just make a (OK/Cancel) button when you try to set points in a new trait, that way you have to be completely retarded to missclick. I can see the system being too punishing, specially new players that dont really have a clue where to put the points. Im already pretty sure alot of people have gone a totally wrong path because they didnt check a forum for the most optimal artifact path.

Which is any different then how things like this have always worked in game? Where have you been? If you are a true min/maxer you should of already looked that up and if not one point here or there in a not "ideal" spot means next to nothing. We will eventually fill in every point for the hidden talent at the end anyway and with research getting points will get quicker and quicker anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Blizzard should just make a (OK/Cancel) button when you try to set points in a new trait, that way you have to be completely retarded to missclick. I can see the system being too punishing, specially new players that dont really have a clue where to put the points. Im already pretty sure alot of people have gone a totally wrong path because they didnt check a forum for the most optimal artifact path.
    A person like that how does it matter anyway? Only to a progression raider does it really matter and even then unless in a world first top 100 raid group it really doesn't matter anyway. If a top progression raider one would of looked that up long ago or truely not a progression raider anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GhazzyTV View Post
    I have a pretty high AP lvl by now but got rather annoyed with the system hence the complaint.
    For me, this incident pushed me back 3 days on getting a trait making me able to one shot 3 people in arena if they stacked on me. But sure that might be seen as miniscule to some people.

If you have played this game for any period of time you should of known that stuff like this always had to be looked up out of game. That is your own fault or it isn't that big of deal to you.

I have to eat the bullet too and respec my frost mage because I was an idiot. The new trait respec is going to cost me 24k, but in the end I'll get far more damage earlier (rank 19) instead of at 23 like I would if I kept my current path. Yes it sucks, but it'll be better in the end.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    No they aren't, they're telling you to choose a path and commit to it.. like an adult.

I can live with the current setup, knowing we will have them all eventually, BUT as a matter of principal...

I think Blizz should give us a free re-spec anytime they make significant changes to artifact traits. Example: this week's nerf to "Scatter the Shadows" for protection paladins. Will it ruin my character? Hardly. Can I live with it? Sure. But really it's just the right thing to do. We shouldn't be stuck with choices we made under one set of rules after they change the rules on us. Give all players a one-time free re-spec anytime they make significant changes. That's what seems right to me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The price is so high that the system should not even exist, lest someone accidentally uses it.
    This. Pretty much the best option is just to accept the fact that you're traits are not optimal since "you'll get them all anyway". As long as the Artifact Knowledge gain is as low as it is, it is simply not worth it.

Consider this; the cost of an artifact refund puts your artifact progress behind only by the smallest amount expressable as a whole unit (one trait). For something that most players are unlikely to ever do more than once (if at all), that is not very harsh.

The reality behind the refunds is that if they were cheap enough to be accessible, there'd be a rather painful and irritating incentive to swap them out based on what you're doing. For example, mythic raid guilds may want people to change their weapon traits on a fight-by-fight basis. That sounds extreme, but the basic idea is there. You're not meant to be switching out your artifacts, and the refund only exists as a failsafe against poor choices.

Also, something that others have already pointed out.. Assuming that you're correcting a bad path, the performance that you gain from doing so will outweigh the RP that you spend to get the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Im already pretty sure alot of people have gone a totally wrong path because they didnt check a forum for the most optimal artifact path.
    The problem with your argument is that you assume anything besides the optimal path is the wrong one. There are no wrong paths for speccing your weapon, any path will work fine; taking different paths just makes certain playstyles stronger than others until you get them all levelled out. It's really only those pushing progression and min/maxing that it will make any difference to and any progression raider worth his salt would make sure to check before spending ponts. For anyone else the refund cost is nothing more than an annoyance.

For the record I'm totally on board with an "ok" check before actually locking your points in though.
    Last edited by Edgeta; 2016-09-20 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    This. Pretty much the best option is just to accept the fact that you're traits are not optimal since "you'll get them all anyway". As long as the Artifact Knowledge gain is as low as it is, it is simply not worth it.
    Actually, because of Artifact Knowledge, refunding artifact power right now will have very little long-term effect. The 20-40k AP that you throw to the wind today will be meaningless once you're earning AP 4000% faster and traits cost 10x that amount. It's way better to just sort of the path early.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    No they aren't, they're telling you to choose a path and commit to it.. like an adult.
    in a game.. for kids