Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it just me or our Class Hall is downright depressing?

I mean it's pretty much an extended crypt, paladins and priests praying to monuments of dead Highlords and paladin heroes and to top it all there is an empty monument presumably for you...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I mean it's pretty much an extended crypt, paladins and priests praying to monuments of dead Highlords and paladin heroes and to top it all there is an empty monument presumably for you...
    its you.. /10 chars

Deleted
    I personally love the feeling of superiority knowing that these suckers failed where I succeeded or will succeed. but that could be just me and my god complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I prefer the place to the hunters lodge... (Hunter being my main for now) That place is a hut on a hill... woooo

I think the space is bad used

well most ppl just spend their time in the 2 rooms, the portal to dalaram and the "mission table", there is the artifact altar where the meat of the chappel is, but ppl just go there to use the AP.

The hilarious thing is ppl coming and going with divine stead arround never a chapel that many horses, more hilarious is the space goats with they elephants(me included)

The altar part is a bit under used but I do like the main rooms we live in.

It's neat to walk by and see the lobie npcs training in various way. It's an armory so I find all the weapons laid about or hung on walls neat. With the years of playing I can look and go, ohh yeah that was a spell power tank mace, and there's a 1h axe I had for a while and some fun 2h while levleing or from raids. Add in the books and research for the more scholarly paladins and you can think at a momemts notice that the bookworks can pull an enchanted weapon off the wall and beat face with it.

It has this feeling of everyone's armed to the teeth but just doing their thing untill it's time for a fight.

I understand where you're coming from, its basically an extended crypt yeah lol.
    but, its under lights church, it has shit loads of light objects inside, the artifact room is huge and full of light... seems great.

it would be nice if it was in heaven, but u cant always get what you want all and all, i'm quite ok with it!

As someone who mains Hunter, and whose wife mains Paladin, your class hall does seem kinda depressing, yeah. My wife moans about it, and from the glimpses I've seen, it does look like that. For champions of light (which means life!), there's a whole lot of being in tombs.

I also play a Druid, and the class hall there seems... a bit excessively in touch with nature. I thought I'd hate the Hunter lodge, but I've come to kinda like it for its subtler touch. (And nice music!)

Deleted
    It's a crypt; it's meant to be depressing.
    It doesn't give me a negative wibe... the beef i have with it is that the textures of walls kind of put me off... they just seem kind of incomplete and don't match rachother well

By that logic:
    - Priests reside in a prison
    - Rogues in the canals, like rats
    - Warlocks on a broken piece of a long-destroyed planet
    - DK's preety much still reside in a flying mausoleum
    - Warriors reside in the afterlife
    - Shamans stay in a cave
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotokyo View Post
    I prefer the place to the hunters lodge... (Hunter being my main for now) That place is a hut on a hill... woooo
    What did you expect? A star-destroyer which could do all the hunting for you? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually loving the Class Hall.... Now, if I could just make everyone wear the same armor... or at least, look a little better looking.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wish the altar to spend AP was next to the mission board or something. That main chapel area with all the pews seems so pointless and is mildy annoying to have to run through just to get to the AP altar

Any class hall has the issue with players being concentrated around a few areas.
    Quests, Advancement of Hall, Weapon Advancement, Missions is pretty much where you will find most players in any hall.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I wish the altar to spend AP was next to the mission board or something. That main chapel area with all the pews seems so pointless and is mildy annoying to have to run through just to get to the AP altar
    Not unlike the Warlock "hall".
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I love it honestly.
    Paladins working/praying silently, in Light's Chapel in EPL. We're basically praying for the light in some random hideout so the world doesn't basically collapse without us.

Plus Paladins don't really belong on some tower or hill, they belong in a place exactly like Light's hope.

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally 5 seconds, this generation is even fat ingame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorr View Post
    Paladins working/praying silently, in Light's Chapel in EPL. We're basically praying for the light in some random hideout so the world doesn't basically collapse without us.
    the benches are very much class fantasy at least for the rets and maybe some tanks. praying to the light for the world not to end? You are kidding right? they pray to everyone who listens including the demons of the 7th hell for disconnects of their raid mates and no one else on the bench so they can get their chance to raid until the connection comes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    the benches are very much class fantasy at least for the rets and maybe some tanks. praying to the light for the world not to end? You are kidding right? they pray to everyone who listens including the demons of the 7th hell for disconnects of their raid mates and no one else on the bench so they can get their chance to raid until the connection comes up again.
    Hahhah! That too!

Deleted
    My biggest beef with this class order is the lack of mobility FROM it.

Probably because my other alts are warrior/druid, but being able to go to different places (at least the main cities like the warrior class hall) from a single point is so HUGE.

I love it. Absolutely my favorite class hall.

Honestly the Paladin one is one of the best. You're miles above the pile of shit DK's got with Acherus. They got fucked so bad literally no other class can even complain.

Deleted
    In my opinion, the Paladin class hall is easily the best of the bunch, rivaled only by Warrior and Priest.

Meanwhile you bitch about a new uniqe place dks ports to same piece of shit as we have the past 8 years or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.