Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    [COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Wrong, gear basicsly doesn't matter at all. Gear is capped at 895, mythic raids give 880+ and you get 855-860 from around 1800 rating. This means an average pvp player will be at like a 2% disadvantage against a mythic raider, and there are few of those anyway. So please stop spreading bullshit.
    lol u dumb 2% is an advantage

I got to say BGs feel unrewarding as fuck. 805s are garbage to even the most casual of players, honor marks rare but useless and the 5 artifact power items are just insulting. No idea what they were thinking with this. People will catch on to this fuckery soon I hope, it's never been this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I got to say BGs feel unrewarding as fuck. 805s are garbage to even the most casual of players, honor marks rare but useless and the 5 artifact power items are just insulting. No idea what they were thinking with this. People will catch on to this fuckery soon I hope, it's never been this bad.
    It will get worse when rated play starts tomorrow.

At least in WotLK where gear was stratified by rating you still could work towards a gear set by earning points and obtaining the gear slot you needed to have upgraded. Tomorrow? Even if you win more than 50% of your rated matches you will have an chance at gear which will be RNG and are limited by a few each week meaning you will end up with no incentive to continue. In the past you could work an entire cap of points for the week at your pace. Tomorrow RNG boxes either will allow you to look forward to next week or you outright give up and don't even try the next week.

Prestige changes for 7.1 is Holinka's hail mary to bring back casual PVP players.

The truth is casual PVP players are not coming back if they don't put the rewards back into random BG's. Gating gear by rating and forcing players to raid to upgrade remaining gear slots is going to drive players away.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah, those 5 Artifact power tokens are fucking ridiculous. Gee, thanks Blizzard. We get it. You don't give a shit about PvPers. No need to insult us with these "rewards".

Deleted
    The system is broken as hell, the gearing is atrociously bad and only going to get worse. They've basically thrown the PvP to the PvE crowd, who will come in and rock stats 10-15% higher in short order. They even compared Mythic to Glad rating, which is absurd in itself. You can't gear through PvP and it's becoming rapidly knowing.

The PvE crowd on my server is increasingly taking to taunting and laughing about it, the same people who prior bawled their eyes out over the underbelly. Holinka is such a giant clown, he's done nothing but wreck the game since he was given even an ounce of decision making power. We haven't had a new BG in two expansions, the only decent thing they did was the WoD gear i.e scaling it up/down thus giving PvP players an edge in PvP and he had that thrown out.

If I were to write down even an ounce of my feelings on this matter, I'd be banned asap for language. It's such a complete and utter joke. And the answer you get from the PvE crowd is "do raids!", how about fucking no.

Deleted
    yeah I've never seen developers so out of touch with pvp, its like they don't learn anything from the past 10 years "hey lets introduce resilience to make pvp separate from pve gear" "hey resilience is a bit broken, lets nerf it" "hey it sucks lets remove resilience" "gear differences in pvp are anticompetitive, lets erase it then"

"let create separate pvp templates because that wasn't the OBVIOUS thing to do since maybe BC right?"

"oh we have to wait for raids because...we still don't care about pvp in reality"

facepalm,facepalm,facepalm

Classes are designed for raids either way, thats the only reason why there are so many CC in this game. It works well on mobs, but players are not mobs. And the "vanilla style casters" vs "super mobile leather classes+warrior" sure makes sense for balancing purposes ^^ its like they actively try to make pvp as shitty as possible
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-09-20 at 10:15 AM.

It is not that they are out of touch, but they do this on purpose because they really, really don't like PVP.

Holinka has been hired to be window dressing to distract people from the real decision makers for PVP which is the PVE devs. Legion PVP system is PVE centric and punishes players doing majority of their playtime with PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Can't wait til the season starts and we see the PvP subs dropping like flies. Just had another friend msg. me that he said fuck it and quit, then his PvP guild/team quit. They weren't the first I know of and won't be the last.

People are already getting fed up with endless shitty, useless RNG drops, laggy lagfest of lag, prune, and bad mechanics. Mongo melee and piss poor template tuning are just the beginning. The scripters/botters will be shitting themselves en masse to buy their way to better gear and ranks.

Then wait til you start hitting the bracket walls because "gear doesn't count". Holy jumping christ.

GG Blizzard fuckheads.
    Lol what? Good riddance, bye to them kids who give up even before the season starts when they realize they don't stand a chance.

Today is the start of the end of Holinka's PVP dream of RNG chance at gear and then another RNG roll of what type of gear and then the RNG roll of what itemized stats on gear.

People keep talking about rated play having a streak breaker so you avoid obtaining duplicates, but I haven't seen any evidence thus far of such a system in place. More BS from Blizzard.

The wheels come off today from this atrocity of a PVP system destroyed by PVE devs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    lol u dumb 2% is an advantage
    Yea and how bad can you be to complain about "hitting bracket walls" because you occasionslly play against a player with a 2% advantage over you? Honestly this thread is fucking hilarious, it's a bunch of awful babies crying about a pvp system they haven't bothered to read about, and spewing false bullshit about everything.

Blizz just needs to make some balance changes and improve AP rewards from pvp and then it'll be perfectly fine. I'm still having a blast anyway.

Yea and how bad can you be to complain about "hitting bracket walls" because you occasionslly play against a player with a 2% advantage over you? Honestly this thread is fucking hilarious, it's a bunch of awful babies crying about a pvp system they haven't bothered to read about, and spewing false bullshit about everything.

Blizz just needs to make some balance changes and improve AP rewards from pvp and then it'll be perfectly fine. I'm still having a blast anyway.
    You are going to be in for a rude awakening starting today.

I feel sorry for you because the bracket walls are going to be very real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Lol what? Good riddance, bye to them kids who give up even before the season starts when they realize they don't stand a chance.
    The uncomfortable truth is that the game would be much better off without people who exclusively PvP.. and that comes from someone who loves PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    The uncomfortable truth is that the game would be much better off without people who exclusively PvP.. and that comes from someone who loves PvP.
    That makes zero sense.

Forcing PVE players to PVP has caused angry towards Blizzard and forcing PVP players into PVE causes PVP players to quit. Legion is a good example of how not to make an expansion for PVE or PVP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    If I were to write down even an ounce of my feelings on this matter, I'd be banned asap for language. It's such a complete and utter joke. And the answer you get from the PvE crowd is "do raids!", how about fucking no.
    I'm a member of the PvE crowd with some casual PvP (I did a couple of arena matches in BC, which is the full extent of my rated PvP experience). I've been sounding the alarm about the problem with Legion casual PvP gear rewards since they were first announced. It was obviously going to cause huge problems with PvP participation. So obvious, in fact, that this outcome couldn't have been anything other than what the devs intended.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You are going to be in for a rude awakening starting today.

I feel sorry for you because the bracket walls are going to be very real.
    Can you explain why you think that's true?

Can you explain why you think that's true?
    Ladder collapse, most likely.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    You couldn't miss the point more if you actively went out of your way and tried. Why is it that all of these responses are 99% off topic and do not address the issues at hand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur. Either you come up with some proper and convincing arguments aswell as proof for them or I might aswell claim that the game and forum would be better off without people like you. A whole lot. Would improve discussion culture and productive argumentation a whole lot for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    So obvious, in fact, that this outcome couldn't have been anything other than what the devs intended.
    It's similar to their attempt at forcing people to engage at least in casual PvP, i.e world quests and underbelly. For some reason they appear to be convinced forcing everyone to engage in all parts of the game is a grand idea. It is not, very much not. It's a terrible idea.

I've been with you right there on this being an issue in the long run, even most of my PvP Guild didn't want to believe it. They were convinced the drops would be at least remotely reasonable and that PvP giving proper gear would end up inflating ratings as more people would participate. The moment they equated Gladiators (0,5%) to Mythic Raiders was when things started to get rather suspect and questionable.

The problem is, it's worse of a train weck than anyone could've thought. The item levels are absurdly hilarious low. 805 for BGs, for the 840 pieces you need to do world quests. These pieces aren't even particularly great. I've gotten several Titanforged items from Mythic Dungeons and a bunch of warforged who leave them in the dust for barely any effort.

I think they might be trying to force people into all kind of content to inflate the ammount of content there is for everyone to do, thus allowing them to avoid some of the droughts. It's not going to work. It's simply not. It's going to piss off people all across the spectrum and rile them up against one another. The PvE crowd got furious over Underbelly to the point that they kept spamming the forum. Now they've taken to taunting and insulting the PvP crowd who is increasingly getting unhappy about their loot or the non existence if said loot. It's a disaster in the making that's only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ladder collapse, most likely.
    The gear is a huge issue and is only going to get worse with the raids opening. People will notice and they wont be particularly happy about it. Another problem is, the entire PvP is in a horrid state. People die within a few GCD when faced with certain melees. They simply explode through healing and defensive CDs. The balance is as bad as I haven't seen it in a long time.

Couple it with healers across the board being hilarious weak and we're in for a train wreck of a season.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-20 at 12:53 PM.

So, I'm european so s1 will start tomorrow for me,
    And IDK if season already started in NA. If it started already, can you tell me if artifact power gained with pvp is good now ? Or it's still stupid 5 ap each 38102 arena won ? Thanks for the info and sorry for my bad english

Well im from EU so arena has not started yet and i never was a big arena player in the past so my views can be seen as pointless. For all the testing blizzard did in the beta the pvp this season is a major shit show, as a shadow priest for pvp currently i cant do anything. a melee farts and i die. Its pretty embarrsing how pvp is atm, they need to sit down and take a good look at themselfs for how bad they have failed. an enchant shaman 2shot me today, TWO! and he just stod there and probs pressed 1 button... its a joke.

People are saying shadow is fine in 3s but all pvp should be fine now just blizzards $$$$$ 3s bracket