Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Megathread] Gears of War 4 (On XboxOne and Windows 10)

Can't wait and hope it lets me forget the crap that was Gears of War Judgement

(To be clear I liked Judgments Multiplayer but the story was shit)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gea...GSS-05-10aaa0b
    Microsoft has revealed the special Gears of War 4 bonuses that it's giving to some players. If you've played any Gears of War game and are a current Xbox Live Gold subscriber, you will receive a Legacy emblem. If you're a Silver member who has logged into Xbox Live in the past year, you'll get it as well.

"The Gears community is incredibly special. Your loyalty and passion are unmatched, so here's a thank you from us to you for being amazing fans," developer The Coalition wrote in its forums.
    This emblem, called "First Wave," will be available in Gears of War 4's customization menu. It shows a soldier carrying the COG banner from past games. All you needed to do was play a Gears of War game while connected to Xbox Live to qualify for the emblem.

Additionally, people who played any previous Gears of War game and meet the requirements listed above, will receive an Operations Pack that contains at least one customization item and four cards. These will be distributed by Xbox Live message; you must redeem the code by December 31, 2016.

The codes are going out now, but aren't being sent out all at once, so keep checking for yours if you haven't received it already. Another thing to note is that there is no code required for the Legacy emblem; it will be there waiting for you in Gears of War 4.

If you preordered a digital copy of Gears of War 4, you can pre-load it now on Xbox One and PC. Another benefit of buying the game digitally is that, since Gears of War 4 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, you'll receive access on console and PC.

In other news, developer The Coalition has confirmed that Gears of War 4 will have a day one patch, but only for physical copies. Additionally, we now know exactly when the game will unlock this week, starting with its $100 Ultimate Edition.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-05 at 11:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    1:39. Huge boner.

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    1:39. Huge boner.
    I don't think that is who you think it is, You think its RAMM right?

Some of the new multiplayer modes look fun.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Dunno how I feel about this yet. I'll inevitably buy it and play it with my brother but I'm admittedly leery. The dynamic between Marcus and Dom was always a strong point for us and part of what really drew me to the series. They were never really 'amazing' characters but the old gang had some really solid chemistry and I'll sorely miss it because the current 'main character' looks like the Space Marine variant of Nathan Drake with that generic, inoffensive white boy thing he's got going. Marcus had a few cliches going but at least he had an ugly mug to go with his backstory. Still think we'd have been better off with a game set during the Pendulum Wars or, if nothing else, something about E-Day.

In the end I'm sorta gettin' Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel vibes from this. Use the old characters as bait to draw you in only to get left with exceedingly bland cut-out cookies to replace the main cast with.
    I would love a gears of war based on the pendulum wars leading up to E-Day.

This can't be worse then Judgement.......I hope. But so far I dig it, sadly I got a gut feeling they will kill Marcus in this. That or they will do a Marus disappears until Gears 5.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    I know, right? It just seems like such a natural place to take the series. A lot of times I find myself groaning at prequels but Gears of War is one of the few that I feel really could benefit from the treatment. Probably alone in this but 3 really just didn't live up to 2. The very sudden dismissal of the COG and the transition from the gritty cities and a hopeless war to trudging through forests/deserts/beach resorts to kill brightly glowing monsters just didn't feel very in-line with the tone set by previous games.

Lotta people bash on it but I genuinely miss the grimdark setting of 1/2 and going back to the pendulum wars could definitely inject some brutal grey back into it.

I never did get to Judgement, mostly because it looked like it was just the Baird and Cole Train show which... Ehh....

Either way I have a similar feeling, which might be part of what is souring my view of this. Killing the old cast to ensure you're stuck with the new breed is sorta shitty and I really hope they don't go that route.
    To me GoW1 was the only one that had that grim dark feel (and look). Personally in order I like 1,3,2 when it comes to game play and the zones. Good thing you avoided judgement tho because it was shit.

Pre-ordering GoW4 gets you all other ones via backwards compatibility if I recall right. Judgements Multiplayer while different I though was fun but the SP story was a snooze fest, Even more so the final boss fight. The little bonus missions stuff was neat tho.

It was rumored for a long time that there was a movie in works that would cover the pendulum wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To me GoW1 was the only one that had that grim dark feel (and look). Personally in order I like 1,3,2 when it comes to game play and the zones. Good thing you avoided judgement tho because it was shit.

Pre-ordering GoW4 gets you all other ones via backwards compatibility if I recall right. Judgements Multiplayer while different I though was fun but the SP story was a snooze fest, Even more so the final boss fight. The little bonus missions stuff was neat tho.

It was rumored for a long time that there was a movie in works that would cover the pendulum wars.
    I wouldnt play the bc games on xbox1 though. Herd and seen to many underperforming things about games being emulated on xbox1. Just fire up a 360 and play from there.

Also looks like we get our cole train back. easily the best character from the series.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-09-20 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I wouldnt play the bc games on xbox1 though. Herd and seen to many underperforming things about games being emulated on xbox1. Just fire up a 360 and play from there.

Also looks like we get our cole train back. easily the best character from the series.
    I have heard and seen different.

Gears 1,2 wholes up well with Gears 3 having some issues and judgement.....is the only one they recommend is unplayable. They are free as well so you can't really beat that.

IMO for emulation I say it holds up decent, but different strokes. I wonder if the small GPU boost made any difference in the XboxOne S, Good chance it didn't and its a CPU/Emuation issue.

Edit: Ether way can't wait for Gears of War 4
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-20 at 11:28 AM.

I have heard and seen different.

Gears 1,2 wholes up well with Gears 3 having some issues and judgement.....is the only one they recommend is unplayable. They are free as well so you can't really beat that.

IMO for emulation I say it holds up decent, but different strokes. I wonder if the small GPU boost made any difference in the XboxOne S, Good chance it didn't and its a CPU/Emuation issue.

Edit: Ether way can't wait for Gears of War 4
    Dont you still have the gears games from 360 generation and the 360 still? Or did you trade them all in for 20$ of credit at gamestop?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that is who you think it is, You think its RAMM right?
    Nono, my mistake, I mean 1:39-1:40. The Train is back baby!

Dont you still have the gears games from 360 generation and the 360 still? Or did you trade them all in for 20$ of credit at gamestop?
    I sold my 360 collection ages ago sadly. I do plan to get 360 games again at some point just to add to my collection.

I am going to buy each one again since there dirt cheap, just to sit alongside my GoW4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Nono, my mistake, I mean 1:39-1:40. The Train is back baby!
    Best moment in gears ever.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-20 at 02:07 PM.

Updated the OP with a new trailer and info about some free dlc stuff.

Won't spoiler it but.....THAT ENDING OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it ever gets a Steam release (or non Window's Store release in general) I'll consider giving it a shot. I have vague memories of somewhat enjoying the first games PC port many years back, but largely have little interest in the series. Cover based shooters are largely not terribly interesting to me unless they can bring something really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If it ever gets a Steam release (or non Window's Store release in general) I'll consider giving it a shot. I have vague memories of somewhat enjoying the first games PC port many years back, but largely have little interest in the series. Cover based shooters are largely not terribly interesting to me unless they can bring something really neat.
    From what Digital Foundry has said its a great PC Port and the best Windows Store one to date. So if your worried about performance issues don't be.

There is a high likely chance it will never be released outside of the Windows Store and XB1. I personally loved it and it has a chance to be my GOTY, Its kinda tied with DS3 atm.

Also watch the credits people there is a ending after

Not worried about performance, just don't want to bother with the Window's Store at all if I can avoid it. I already have enough launchers/installers/storefronts to deal with and don't want to add yet another. Especially after how awful of a state it launched in.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not worried about performance, just don't want to bother with the Window's Store at all if I can avoid it. I already have enough launchers/installers/storefronts to deal with and don't want to add yet another. Especially after how awful of a state it launched in.
    Totally understand, sadly it won't improve unless people use it and bitch about it. As it stands its as bad as Google Play IMO.

But hey at lease its already installed on ur PC

If u buy a Digital Copy via XB1 you also get the PC version and vise versa.

This game is visually amazing. Also loving this dmr.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2016-10-11 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since the 8th. Really good game. Campaign blew me away which I didn't really expect either.

This game is visually amazing. Also loving this dmr.
    It really is and what did u mean by DMR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    I've been playing since the 8th. Really good game. Campaign blew me away which I didn't really expect either.
    Ya I didn't expect much due to Judgement leaving a bad taste in my mouth. But I was highly impressed with the Campaign and I want to play more

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a free copy of this when I bought my new video card, so I definitely plan on checking it out. I've heard good things and some comparison to set pieces like in the Uncharted series.

I'm not super concerned about the Windows 10 Store. I downloaded Killer Instinct from it and have been running that game no problem since it launched off the Windows 10 platform.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch