Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No it's not. Gawd.

When it comes to quests and writing, I loved Mist, I despise Legion. I don't know how you can consider them even remotely similar.
    Mist was well-written with a whole background and culture detailed. Legion is bad fanfiction with tired and non-fitting "jokes" everywhere.
    Only good thing about MoP was all the "Ook in the dooker", atleast I had a laugh or two.
    Legion filled with non-fitting "jokes"? Where does oversized retarded rodents, pushing huge carrots in wheelbarrows, fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Only good thing about MoP was all the "Ook in the dooker", atleast I had a laugh or two.
    Legion filled with non-fitting "jokes"? Where does oversized retarded rodents, pushing huge carrots in wheelbarrows, fit in?
    They fit in the overall ambiance of Pandaria. Much better than the TV soap opera "humour" that permeate everything in Legion and makes a joke of the story instead of being actually funny.

They fit in the overall ambiance of Pandaria. Much better than the TV soap opera "humour" that permeate everything in Legion and makes a joke of the story instead of being actually funny.
    Do you have a specific quest in mind?

I played through everything in beta and I can't remember any jokes... at all.

The only thing that made me chuckle was that story of Huln that got more absurd by the minute, but I guess that was intentional. Oh yeah, and that crack elf quest was entertaining, but only due to the voice actor.

Kiddies be salty.

Good on Metzen. That dude completely won at life.

No it's not. Gawd.
    Yep, it really is. Gawd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    Don't know how it is relevant, but anyway, I hated Mists and am loving Legion.

On topic, all hail Chris Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

Play Aszuna again then. Nearly half the text is attempting (and failing) at being funny.
    Only Runas as saving grace.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Dailies aren't horrible
    There are two aspects to dallies in Legion: The quests and the rewards.

The quests in Legion aren't as bad as they were in previous expansions, however it is still "repeat this quest again for gains" just there is now a much larger quest pool.

The rewards however are terrible. The gear is good when you first ding 100 and they make heroic dungeons pretty irrelevant but after a couple of weeks at 100 they too become irrelevant and just offer junk. The previous systems of the dailies giving currency or reputation so you can buy items of your choosing from vendors was significantly better. Add to that some of them just drop gold (and a pathetic amount at that) or order resources (why does the stuff you use for the garrison not come from the garrison like in WoD? >.>) and the rewards are extremely lacklustre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You'd rather do the MoP 50 dailies a day? At least now you can pick and choose. I don't need order hall resources so I don't go for those often. Don't need gold either so I don't do those. I usually only do gear, Suramar stuff, and AP. Rep isn't mandatory and you don't have 7 different faction hubs. You also don't have rep gated behind rep.
    It's the start of the expansion, so there are 7 factions, 6 with rep and they weren't even considerate enough to give us hubs, but the same number of quests but spread out over their entire zone that you have to get to before you can even do them. Far worse setup from the rep grind perspective, but better in that once you are geared (I dunno, 840ish) you can pretty much skip everyone except the emissary zone (again, you can probably skip that, since it's just a rep bump).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Legion arguably one of the best expansions ever created.

Overwatch completely dominating. (LMAO yeah no Overwatch is crap compared to other FPS shooters it's a game you play for a while and then forget about it )

Diablo still the top dog in ARPGs. (ummmm yeah no ....)

Starcraft 2 the only dog in RTSs. (i give you that,but only nobody else cares to go against this RTS giant and the huge fanbase from SC1 they managed to establish)

Hearthstone shattered the casual game/mobile scene. (cant say much on this)

Heroes of the Storm still going strong in a genre dominated by 2 titans. (i've heard bad things about it bad balance and stuff)

Metzen was to Blizzard what Jobs was to Apple.

After a few rough years (Cata-WoD), D3 launch, people asking if Blizzard still had the magic sauce... Metzen you got your redemption story buddy.
    Banana monkey apple juice
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll be back. I guarentee it. he just needs an extended break
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

The only thing that made me chuckle was that story of Huln that got more absurd by the minute, but I guess that was intentional. Oh yeah, and that crack elf quest was entertaining, but only due to the voice actor.
    Tehd Shoemaker is pretty hilarious. It's not so much a joke but his personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Let's not forget that he voiced 90% of the NPCs in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Anyone who didn't like Mists wouldn't like Legion. They are very similar. Just sayin.
    wtf? I haaaaated everything about mists, from its gross theme and new race to the grind. Several people I know feel the same and like me, are digging legion. Grind is still a grind but the results feel different.

Anyways, Metzen went out on a high note - good for the dude.

'Is' Diablo still the top ARPG though? Serious question, as I was under the impression Path of Exile snatched that title away not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Legion arguably one of the best expansions ever created.

Overwatch completely dominating.

Diablo still the top dog in ARPGs.

Starcraft 2 the only dog in RTSs.

Hearthstone shattered the casual game/mobile scene.

Heroes of the Storm still going strong in a genre dominated by 2 titans.

Metzen was to Blizzard what Jobs was to Apple.

After a few rough years (Cata-WoD), D3 launch, people asking if Blizzard still had the magic sauce... Metzen you got your redemption story buddy.
    metzen what jobs to apple... lol and lol. I don't think he is anywhere near and I don't think he is the brain behind everything.

Also Overwatch is a crap game, that yes sold itself good but completely lost the point.

Legion is brand new, lets see if its going to be one of the best expansions, so far it seems like a good expansion but it doesn't surpass TBC or Wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    What do you hate about it? Now, I'm asking what you hate, not what you dislike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The fuck is there to hate about Legion?

Only the base game is available right now? What is there to hate?

Maybe you just never liked WoW at all? Do you not like quests? Do you not like PvE? Do you not like dungeons?

I'm not really understanding what there is that people could possibly hate about Legion without just disliking WoW as a whole, since forever.
    Leveling for one. I like leveling from 1-100 but the second I hit the broken isles I hate it. Except for Val'Sharah the zones are pretty boring and uninspired compared to WoD's leveling experience.

Then there's the pointless time gates everywhere, whether it's the mission table (which should have been gutted after WoD) or requiring friendly with every faction to obtain world quests (Not too bad on my main since I plan to get exalted with everyone anyway) which kinda screws up any alternate leveling methods I desire to try on my alts seeing as world quests are pretty much mandatory at 110.

And lastly there's the fact that there's next to nothing to do except log on once a day to do emissary quests and maybe a dungeon.

There's a lot more I dislike, but that's what I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Eh, not really. We all know WoD was the worst expansion.

This guy... Personal opinions = Truth. Alert the press!

This thread needs to be closed ASAP. Nothing constructive is going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the coolest WoD events if you could call it like that, was the large group of players spawn camping Poundfist on each server. I remember there was even a spreadsheet going around on which players contribute with kill proof of Poundfist on their server so people could know when the next NPC will appear on their server so they could start camping on each possible spawn location.

It was a very social cool aspect of that expansion in which the horde and alliance had mostly a truce so everyone could tag the NPC and get the mount.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWins View Post
    Not that this is a big deal, but Diablo is definitely not the top dog in ARPG. Path of exile dominates that genre in every way possible.
    Hey I like PoE too, but uh just because it's our personal preference for ARPGs it doesn't mean it dominates the genre. It really doesn't. D3 is a game that had a reputation of having an awful launch, and now all these years later people still login every few months for seasons. Lets be realistic, if PoE wasn't f2p it would be a dead game, and I say that as someone that loves PoE.