Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

what would you do if you won the lottery 60 million dollars

i would move fro mthe UK and go to somewhere in the far east as its really cheap to live there, plus i love there food and culture.

where would you go and what would you do with 60mil dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    $60m is about £45m, so why would you move to somewhere due to it being cheap to live? Pretty much anywhere would seem cheap to live if you have £45m in the bank.

First thing would be to vet lawyer and financial planner/advisor/manager.

Put 5 million into a trust fund for both my kids that matures at 35. Which should be enough time for them get a mistaken marriage or any weird phases out of their life.

Put another 10 million into a retirement account that I can't touch until 55 so even if I piss the rest away I still can retire in extreme comfort.

I'd give my closest family and friends 250,000 each so they could enjoy a life with financial freedom. They could pay off houses or cars with it and be nearly debt free. That's maybe 20 families so that's 5 million.

That's 25 million spent. After that I would build myself my dream home. Which for me wouldn't be but 1.5 million. I'd keep my truck since it's already my dream truck. And I would do a large amount of traveling. My family owns chain restaurants so i imagine I would spend more money in opening more of those to gain a larger % of returnable investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Financial planners in the US are typically sales positions, they typically work for an insurance agency or similar outfit and try to push you to purchase products of dubious need.

Your best bet is to find a portfolio manager, much more expensive but you'll need someone to manage your investments on a full-time basis anyway for that large of a sum or more.

$60m is kindof low for lottery winnings lately, there was a $1billion jackpot a few months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would buy a lot of spicy food. some new clothes. pay off loans. buy a house. i would go around beating up draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i would buy a lot of spicy food. some new clothes. pay off loans. buy a house. i would go around beating up draenei.
    I thought you did most of those things already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I thought you did most of those things already.
    DON'T make me get my poking stick out! also i would hire someone to personally poke you for me with a stick every hour.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Enjoy the high life of course!

Oh, I was supposed to say something clever...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trade them into a more reliable currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'd buy curse/MMOC and institute permanent forum bans for being clinically retarded.
    Such a nouble cause. Sure you have enough money to pay that many people to hand out bans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post

Put 5 million into a trust fund for both my kids that matures at 35. Which should be enough time for them get a mistaken marriage or any weird phases out of their life.

Put another 10 million into a retirement account that I can't touch until 55 so even if I piss the rest away I still can retire in extreme comfort.

I'd give my closest family and friends 250,000 each so they could enjoy a life with financial freedom. They could pay off houses or cars with it and be nearly debt free. That's maybe 20 families so that's 5 million.

That's 25 million spent. After that I would build myself my dream home. Which for me wouldn't be but 1.5 million. I'd keep my truck since it's already my dream truck. And I would do a large amount of traveling. My family owns chain restaurants so i imagine I would spend more money in opening more of those to gain a larger % of returnable investment.
    I like that thinking. But I would also set up a few refuges around the world for when things go south.

Haven't really thought of it, because I'll never have a million to spare, let alone 60. I don't even want a luxurious life, so I'd probably hand alot of it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quit work, get bored 5 months down the track and go ask for my old job back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Such a nouble cause. Sure you have enough money to pay that many people to hand out bans?
    I would do it for free, and i would of done it in the past if dinnerbone didn't get in my way

Deleted
    Acquire 5000 million 1cent coins. Use 10 million to store my 5000 million 1 c coins.

I'm but simple man.

Well, first I'd have to fork over a huge chunk of that to the US government.

Spend some to get a lot of nice things. I'd buy 2 new expensive cars, an apartment in NYC and a house in Florida. I'd then put a million or two aside for traveling. Then I would invest the rest and live off the interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, first I'd have to fork over a huge chunk of that to the US government.
    Also this.

Invest 40 million in infrastructure of my town and other businesses (it's not bad, but I want to improve my town - do something for the community).
    Leave 10 million for personal use, 10 million in savings.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Trade them into a more reliable currency.
    Keeping your money in the form of gold bars would be pretty inconvenient.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd put it all on black. That seems like the safest bet, right?
    Wesley Snipes said to "always bet on black" so that seems like sound advise.

60 mil........... I'd help family and friends, even the ones I don't really like. Build a fence/wall around the farm and have my own personal T1 line installed. And the most selfish thing I'd do is donate enough money to the action pistol club I belong to so there would gravel and grass and pavement where it needs to be........I hate mud.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!