So if I understand correctly... the priests' books were unable to be looted or even seen until they got AK4?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alldun View Post
    I think I found the journal. Problem is I don't have AK4. I will provide an update when I do.
    And when will it be...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I have AK4, where am I looking boys?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a few more datamining ideas I can try tonight, but they'll take several hours to investigate.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    I have AK4, where am I looking boys?
    I would start in Acherus itself, Dalaran/Violet Hold, and Icecrown zone/ICC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodWarrior View Post
    I just ran the script and I have AK4 and it came back as false.

- - - Updated - - -

Just copy /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(6)) into your chat in wow and hit enter it should respond with a true or false.
    I'm fairly sure this will just tell you whether or not you completed the pre-cata quest "Bounty on Garrick Padfoot"
    So the people it's returning true for are most likely alliance (or used to be alliance) and have the old Loremaster EK achievement, or were working towards it at one point (I don't know if doing it pre-cata turned into a FOS or not)

This script seems like a non-starter, potentially an error in wowhead - the decaying journal may still be relevant however.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    I would start in Acherus itself, Dalaran/Violet Hold, and Icecrown zone/ICC.
    Already combed over with AK4. Nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatima View Post
    I'm fairly sure this will just tell you whether or not you completed the pre-cata quest "Bounty on Garrick Padfoot"
    So the people it's returning true for are most likely alliance (or used to be alliance) and have the old Loremaster EK achievement, or were working towards it at one point (I don't know if doing it pre-cata turned into a FOS or not)

This script seems like a non-starter, potentially an error in wowhead - the decaying journal may still be relevant however.
    This is correct.
    Last edited by Simca; 2016-09-20 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    The Decaying Journal might still refer to a quest, or it might be related to nothing at all. Wowhead has quite some buggy information with the scripts that check if you've completed a quest from interacting with an object or killing an NPC.

A good showcase of this is Imp-Master Valessa who was added in 6.2. The vignette quest assigned to her is found here, as quest ID 38026. Wowhead however reports the quest ID to check for Valessa's death as 1 /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(1)) which is a very old quest, likely from very early WOTLK development relating to how a player character became a DK: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1/kanrethads-quest

15+ Year Old Account
    The field that they were using for that scripting check was removed in Legion. They're now accidentally referring to another field which has values ranging from 1 to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The Decaying Journal might still refer to a quest, or it might be related to nothing at all. Wowhead has quite some buggy information with the scripts that check if you've completed a quest from interacting with an object or killing an NPC.

A good showcase of this is Imp-Master Valessa who was added in 6.2. The vignette quest assigned to her is found here, as quest ID 38026. Wowhead however reports the quest ID to check for Valessa's death as 1 /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(1)) which is a very old quest, likely from very early WOTLK development relating to how a player character became a DK: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=1/kanrethads-quest
    As for decaying journal... the smaller book on the picutre seems to be a generic model used for several books in forsaken camps in Stormheim. Didn't find the bigger one though.

However, I doubt it is connected to Putricide's journal. The Putricide's journal aura spawns object of completely different ID, and this decaying journal is even actually marked as npc, not object.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I find it very interesting that the decaying journal is listed as a NPC. So there should be more than only be klickable. Did somebody tried run around Dalaran and use Death Grip? Maybe they want us to pull the book to us, I remember that as a DK in WotLk everyone tried to pull everything.

I investigated the wowhead putricude's journal more. I can't to the conclusion that it is not a book to pick up. It is something that triggers when we are near it. I think of this cause I saw the duration of the spell " Duration 15 minutes".

Somebody has now a new idea?
    Last edited by Mashnakh; 2016-09-20 at 11:50 AM.

If the book is NPC, we can /tar it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

If checking the game files has shown us the ID for the journal, we should also be able to see the items implemented around it is that right? Excuse my naivety but couldn't this hint to us as to the location a bit more?
    Now the Journal is listed as NPC with MAYBE a filler appearance for now. Why would running the script for a quest completion help us in finding out if we've seen it or not when Simca has stated that no player has been able to cache it yet?
    Idk, seems useless a bit to me

Also some guy said that he found the journal but hasn't given us the location so either: Troll post or a real jerk for not coming together as the rest of us have been trying to do in finding this damned thing.

PS: (this is 100% not a real clue just thought I'd share) Had a dream last night I found the journal and it was in Icecrown near the wall (that separates Cystalsong and IC). Upon looting it I took it to new Dal and used the port in the middle of the room which then ported me to Putrid's lab and there were "Kirin'Tor" there reading and going over his research in order to find the impact of his actions. Item for Bonereaper was there hanging from the ceiling on a chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    I find it very interesting that the decaying journal is listed as a NPC. So there should be more than only be klickable. Did somebody tried run around Dalaran and use Death Grip? Maybe they want us to pull the book to us, I remember that as a DK in WotLk everyone tried to pull everything.

I investigated the wowhead putricude's journal more. I can't to the conclusion that it is not a book to pick up. It is something that triggers when we are near it. I think of this cause I saw the duration of the spell " Duration 15 minutes".

Somebody has now a new idea?
    Or better, run around dalaran and use corpse explosion on everything.

Deleted
    Nythendra in EN seems a likely candidate for a drop. Surrounded by gelatinized decay it would be fitting to find the book there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    Nythendra in EN seems a likely candidate for a drop. Surrounded by gelatinized decay it would be fitting to find the book there.
    If that was the case it would have been found on the beta. And datamining

Deleted
    The Twisted Anima (Blood) might need AK4 to drop. I've run the collapse with 100% completion since the 3rd or 4th time and only had it drop today, having completed AK4 since the last run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    The Twisted Anima (Blood) might need AK4 to drop. I've run the collapse with 100% completion since the 3rd or 4th time and only had it drop today, having completed AK4 since the last run.
    Several people got it in the first week.

A guy on my server has unlocked the hidden artifact for all 3 specs, he doesn't wanna share the info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radannical View Post
    A guy on my server has unlocked the hidden artifact for all 3 specs, he doesn't wanna share the info.
    Prove it !