Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with requesting something like that. That's not your group, it's theirs. Go find another or learn the general strategy and make another group.

I don't even get the purpose of this thread. There will be plenty of groups without many requirements, more so than you'll see later on when it's expected that you know the fights. You're complaining about something that doesn't affect you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    There's nothing wrong with requesting something like that. That's not your group, it's theirs. Go find another or learn the general strategy and make another group.

I don't even get the purpose of this thread. There will be plenty of groups without many requirements, more so than you'll see later on when it's expected that you know the fights. You're complaining about something that doesn't affect you at all.
    Well, I understand that the OP might be frustrated when some people forms groups with stupid requests. But yeah, the major thing is that if you don't like the group, make your own.

Normally when I see big demands for normal, it is because someone wants to be carried.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Why would I take people with less ilevel when I can take people with more ilevel? As long as the group gets made and we don't run into the trouble of not finding players because of the requirement, I see no reason to lower it

People who moan about ilevel requirements act like self-entitled children

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My raiding guild is going HC tomorrow. Initially the demand was 850, but management realised that item stats > ilvl. So 845+ and at least 20 artifact level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Why would I take people with less ilevel when I can take people with more ilevel? As long as the group gets made and we don't run into the trouble of not finding players because of the requirement, I see no reason to lower it

People who moan about ilevel requirements act like self-entitled children
    But so does people requesting an ilvl higher than themselves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Thanks for telling others how to play the game. I'll make a note of that in the future to not form a group on how I want it but rather how qunaquna80 wants me to

EN Normal on beta was capped at 835 ilvl. And most pugs were 1 shotting all the bosses (except xavius since he wasnt available for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    why would you take less geared people over good geared people?
    Because they might know how to play the game better and be more efficient at everything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But so does people requesting an ilvl higher than themselves.
    How? If someone sees more effort and wants to play with like-minded people who also saw more effort and forms his own group to do so, how is that entitled at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    why would you take less geared people over good geared people?
    High ilvl isnt the same as good geared.
    I'd rather take someone at 840 ilvl with the best stats for your spec than someone at 850 with the wrong stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You're requiring 850 when the raid drops 850. How do you not see how silly that is? Anyone requiring more than 840 for anything other than top 1000 Mythic clear guilds is ridiculous and probably not worth wasting the time wiping with anyway (and I can almost guarantee they'll be wiping just as much as the rest of us).
    Did you take a minute to actually read what I wrote? I said my HEROIC run is going to be 850ilvl, I even explain that 840 is realistic for NORMAL runs.

Well done though dude, keep up the good work.

Looks like Jaylock has a protege.

Deleted
    Meh, point still stands. 850 is not going to be required for Normal or Heroic unless you're planning on pushing more than the first few bosses and the only people who are doing that the first week are the top guilds who will be clearing by the end of the week. People who aren't in those guilds but making the same demands are acting way too self-important and vastly overestimating themselves.
    The difference between a raid average of 840 and 850 on HC is actually pretty big, as a player with 850+ is much more likely to have a Legendary item... We're going to be clearing the entire raid, we're only pugging 3-4 spots, the majority of us have pretty awesome raid xp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Then he's not getting to fill his group and he fails. Seems fair.

The real question is how is he planning to do a heroic run on EU tonight? Is he that good?
    Ya I meant tomorrow hehe

Meh, point still stands. 850 is not going to be required for Normal or Heroic unless you're planning on pushing more than the first few bosses and the only people who are doing that the first week are the top guilds who will be clearing by the end of the week. People who aren't in those guilds but making the same demands are acting way too self-important and vastly overestimating themselves.
    meh what? wtf, im not getting -850 ppl on hc.
    Dude its not about beign top guild or whatever, you will wipe at ursoc if you do not meet the DPS requirement to kill it before he kills you.
    Its the whole way around, if you are on top guilds, you can have less gear because you are pro and play like a pro,
    but us, the mortals, we need 850 to pull the dps that its lacking of our hands.

understands or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    just don't we arent all lucky to get legendary and normal raid item level starts at 850, it doesnt make sense to request min 850 item level
    I don't care what anybody requests; But I highly doubt anyone will be able to form a complete group of randoms 850+ with legendary

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't be the guy/girl who cries that you can't get carried because you didn't work on your gear.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah I'm gonna do what I want.

There will be people requiring 850+, they will spend hours searching thou.

Most people at 850+ are already on guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Because they might know how to play the game better and be more efficient at everything?
    Not everyone cares enough to run a full interview on everyone who joins. And with achievements being able to be faked, even those don't mean much. It's normal mode, so why you'd want to waste time armory'ing people for an easy raid is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    High ilvl isnt the same as good geared.
    I'd rather take someone at 840 ilvl with the best stats for your spec than someone at 850 with the wrong stats.
    A 10 ilvl upgrade is an actual upgrade for most classes regardless of stats. A 5 ilvl difference would have been a more appropriate comparison because in that range (5 ilvl difference) for a majority of classes, having more of the lesser secondaries and a tiny bit more primary wouldn't be better.

But of course, it will vary on class/spec.

Its plain dumb to ask 850 because with socket and stuff a 845 can be way more optimized than someone going for full ilvl.