Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Should I raid with a guild that uses Loot Council?

I have been out of the raiding scene for years and from what I am reading personal loot seems like a better overall gearing option for entire guilds but on my servers the only guilds recruiting are all loot council based. I am wondering if the Inner circle buddy system will be prevalent and something I should just walk away from.

I joined this one guild recently since all 5 of the only mythic guilds recruiting all used loot council but has anyone had alot of good experiences with loot council or should I just cut my ties? I did notice that the officers were all grouped together doing mythic modes seeming to exclude other members but that is natural to want to group up with your closer knit friends so that has no bearing on this issue. Just seems ripe for abuse over personal loot or DKP.

We have used loot council for 8 years.
    If you are worried about abuse and not getting gear then don't raid.

If some one said this shit to me before they tried to join my guild they would never be considered for a single piece.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

if you think personal loot is the best for organized raiding, you shouldnt do any organized raiding.

loot council is easily the best option unless the GM is the biggest idiot in the world, but then just leave the guild and find a new one

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

If some one said this shit to me before they tried to join my guild they would never be considered for a single piece.
    Pretty good example here of why you shouldn't raid with guilds that use loot councils... unless you're part of the council, or you're undergeared relative to the rest of the raid.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

As long as you are killing bosses loot council isn't bothersome at all. You get your gear anyway.

All players distrubution is sensitive to corruption. Personal loot all the way.

You scold them for being aftaid of using LC but then threaten them with the very same reason they're afraid of using LC. That's a good one.

Eh? Such animosity for asking for an opinion. I have never dealt with loot council before and I have no choice IF I want to raid on my server as its the main method for gear distribution on my server. To someone whom has never dealt with this before I am only asking if people have had issues with the Loot council method. Your statement of your guildies not being considered for any loot because your mood is soured by a certain person without cause is were my angst comes from.

I wish I could delete this thread now. I never meant to start a thread that I now can see would easily slide down into troll territory.
    Last edited by Kiljaedon; 2016-09-20 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Aaaaand this is why you avoid guilds / people who use loot council.
    Hi

Gonna go out on a limb and say if you are concerned about not getting loot in a loot council system then you are applying to a guild that raids above your ability level.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

It's pretty impressive that you denied it, then proved his point!

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ax View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb and say if you are concerned about not getting loot in a loot council system then you are applying to a guild that raids above your ability level.
    That maybe true but ability is developed by participating. Considering we are doing normal raids and I am competing for a mythic spot against several others in the guild I might not even get a position.

Loot council in top 5-10 guilds = Legit.

Loot council everywhere else, especially anywhere not top 100-500 = HUR DUR WE WILL GEAR OUR GROUP OF FRIENDS FIRST SO WE CAN ACT ALL PRO AND MIGHT IN LFR/LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I joined this one guild recently since all 5 of the only mythic guilds recruiting all used loot council but has anyone had alot of good experiences with loot council or should I just cut my ties? I did notice that the officers were all grouped together doing mythic modes seeming to exclude other members but that is natural to want to group up with your closer knit friends so that has no bearing on this issue. Just seems ripe for abuse over personal loot or DKP.
    If you are more worried about not getting loot or others getting more loot, then I am thinking maybe loot council is not for you. No matter how fair the loot council.

Loot council, is, in my opinion, on paper, the best loot system to assist in the progression of THE ENTIRE RAID group as a whole. This means people needs to trust the council AND also accept they may not get loot for an extend period.

Ideally, loot is distribute that will benefit the progression the most. If the loot drops benefits a selective few more, particularly BiS, those people will get it. Not you.

My guild uses a round robin to try to even it out. We are not mythic raiders. Even so, Tanks and Healers tend to get loot first but it does mean they get all the loot initially.

You just proved the OP's point here I hope you realize that. This is why loot council sucks because people like you love being able to decide who gets what gear. I wouldn't even think of raiding with you with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    If you are more worried about not getting loot or others getting more loot, then I am thinking maybe loot council is not for you. No matter how fair the loot council.

Loot council, is, in my opinion, on paper, the best loot system to assist in the progression of THE ENTIRE RAID group as a whole. This means people needs to trust the council AND also accept they may not get loot for an extend period.

Ideally, loot is distribute that will benefit the progression the most. If the loot drops benefits a selective few more, particularly BiS, those people will get it. Not you.

My guild uses a round robin to try to even it out. We are not mythic raiders. Even so, Tanks and Healers tend to get loot first but it does mean they get all the loot initially.
    Fair point. If it is fair I have no qualm with the situation. It is mainly just new to me and my options are pretty much loot council if I want to see mythic which I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    That maybe true but ability is developed by participating. Considering we are doing normal raids and I am competing for a mythic spot against several others in the guild I might not even get a position.
    You prove you are competent before you actually go to Mythic raids, you don't develop ability by participating. You can easily get spots in actual Mythic guilds(aka not those that finish content when next patch is close) with logs from Normal modes.

We've had some pretty terrible experiences with gear distribution without Loot Council.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post

And another person proving the OP's point. Unless a world first raiding guild personal loot is the much better choice now. As any sort of loot council only leads to unneeded drama and slows the raid down on top of it. Why do any loot style that will lead players whether true or not that others are getting preferential treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You prove you are competent before you actually go to Mythic raids, you don't develop ability by participating. You can easily get spots in actual Mythic guilds(aka not those that finish content when next patch is close) with logs from Normal modes.

We've had some pretty terrible experiences with gear distribution without Loot Council.

But if not on council or friends with those on it, it can and does lead to people feeling they picked thier friend to get the loot. With how personal loot is now dropping more gear and being tradable it is clearly better except for a world first mythic team.

i don't know; i prefer raiding with someone or two people in charge who make the decision. i don't think it's a good idea for a bunch of people to be deciding loot for a guild. If you're there to raid with a guild, the person who needs the loot, shows up every day, and makes a positive contribution will get it; and it's for progression anyway. It's not there as a reward to you necessarily. You have the gear to help the guild progress. All of it is for the guild to progress. The fact that you get to wear it around and use it outside there is a nice bonus.

But i would NEVER raid with a DKP- or point-structured guild under any circumstance; i don't care how good they are. You could not pay me to be in a DKP guild. i would consider loot council depending on the guild and how long the council members have been in the guild, other things. But both of those would be lower in value to me than a guild where one or two people decide the loot, have an iron fist, can explain clearly why they gave it to someone (not that anyone has to agree or that it's open for argument, but that they can communicate it without being insulted for being asked), et cetera.

So i suppose it entirely depends on why you raid. The higher up you go, the much more community-sharing and driven the gear allocation will be, in my opinion, because the gear is for progression, raising guild raid DPS/HPS/tanking as a group/whole, not for you individually per se. None of this arguing over loot BS.
    Last edited by Perselawyer; 2016-09-20 at 01:00 PM.