Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    If you wiped 6-7 times on the final boss, or any boss in a mythic dungeon I really wouldn't call yourself or the people in your party 'fairly skilled at the game'.
    first time with no knowledge of the boss, 6-7 times wiping on this one until all is figured out is totally ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    first time with no knowledge of the boss, 6-7 times wiping on this one until all is figured out is totally ok.
    No, that makes you a retard. You wipe once, go "wtf did we do wrong?" and open up that dungeon journal you usually never touch to read all the abilities. Then you kill it the second attempt. Because you're not a retard. Or you keep wiping, because you are.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-09-21 at 05:14 AM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    What sort of coordination do they require? I started doing them at 807 ilvl and mythics were already a joke, but bosses took 4 mins to kill. Now im 850 ilvl and they're just a zerg fest like normal and heroic, been pretty much like that since 820-825 ilvl.
    interrupt rotations (for bosses like Helya), proper use of defensive cooldowns, focusing/interrupting adds in a pack that heal, AoE CC, etc. Things you may take for granted or that are second nature to you that are required for PvE content may not come so easy for others (which is what we're discussing here). Yes if you're with a good group a people you can complete mythics at a very low item level. Hell, the second character I leveled started doing mythics at a 785ilvl, does that mean if blizzard opened mythics to LFG they should make the requirement a 785ilvl because it's "do-able" at that gear? No....

i'm glad that you find mythics easy, however this thread is not so you can nonchalantly stroke your Epeen. I'd be more than happy to compare Epeens with you elsewhere though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    And their response to the shitfest won't be to improve their play or fix what they are doing wrong, but instead repeat what they did in Cataclysm and piss and moan on the forums until it gets nerfed.
    I started in cata and those tough dungeons where exactly what i needed to force me to knuckle down and learn to play properly mop dungeons where a sad joke in comparison. Random groups and hard content don't mix even any time an lfr boss required some tactics from normal it was a complete mess usually carried by a handful of people who raid regularly (Durumu and Garalon spring to mind).

10+ Year Old Account
    cause u get saved and locked out for the entire week. imagine getting randomly queued into a grp stuck on the last boss and burning your save ID
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    cause u get saved and locked out for the entire week. imagine getting randomly queued into a grp stuck on the last boss and burning your save ID
    You mean like it works on LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    You mean like it works on LFR?
    LFR raid ID's are boss by boss, so no, completely different.
    Hi

That could still happen with the LFG system . Not the "randomly queued" part but you could always join a group that kills one boss and then fails miserably at everything else.

Sorry, I miscommunicated my point. I don't see any reason why you couldn't have the lockouts work like that in mythics too, and avoid the entire problem.

That said, queue for mythics are probably a bad idea for other reasons already mentioned

Sure thats not the same for mythic dungeons?

At least i can run it again with guildis to help them (but don't get loot).

Mythic Dungeon's is also boss by boss. I can join a group on the last boss kill it/loot and then join another group at the start to get the rest.

I can also repeat both LFR and Mythic Dungeons and not get loot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

some pulls actually require CC especially if tank/healer are not well geared, when was last time you guys had to cc in dungeon finder?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    some pulls actually require CC especially if tank/healer are not well geared, when was last time you guys had to cc in dungeon finder?
    ..they do? I've been doing all mythic dungeons by joining random groups since they opened and I've never seen anyone use any kind of CC to be honest. And it also didn't matter. There wasn't a single one that seemed problematic so far, and I've done every dungeon in every ID.

Anything in the automatic group finder is intended to be pretty much impossible to fail, such that any random group put together will succeed

Mythic dungeons don't fall under this category

If you wiped 6-7 times on the final boss, or any boss in a mythic dungeon I really wouldn't call yourself or the people in your party 'fairly skilled at the game'.
    as a dps or a healer your party can easily be retarded enough to make you wipe 6-7 times on pretty much any boss, without that being in anyway an indication of your skill.

They were introduced in the last patch of WoD not mop.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Because Blizzard fucked up.

Normal shouldn't exist.

Current Heroics should be called Normal and current Mythics should be called Heroics, and both should have queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Anything in the automatic group finder is intended to be pretty much impossible to fail, such that any random group put together will succeed

They really do though. They're easier than Cata Heroics were.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post

I've had far too many terrible experiences to consider it "impossible to fail" a lot of the people queueing into it, are just that bad, at least in hcs you can impact the group enough as any role for it to be doable though.

Yeah, it's not like I've ever watched top players like Method wiping before on Twitch or anything...
    Damn dude, you must be one bad ass in real life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    I never bothered with Mythic dungeons since their introduction in MoP.
    Released in WOD 6.2.