Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This Shiny Epic teasing me from mobile legion companion"you cant get me your @ work"

i was at work and saw on map 840+ pvp trinket and had 1hour timer till its world quest end, wanted to leave for 1hr do the quest then come back to work , why blizz cant give us all option to do quest from mobile , warriors have this option to finish one world quest but has CD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why didn't you do the quest last night instead of waiting for it to have 1 hour left?
    PVP world quests last for 6 hours, so it would likely have popped up while he slept, or shortly after he got to work, depending on what the time is where the OP lives.

Why not just Download wow on your work computer and get paid to play wow?

Deleted
    Why didn't you do the quest last night instead of waiting for it to have 1 hour left?
    prob real life happend

10+ Year Old Account
    Remote desk!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if they could implement a minigame to world quests that you could complete with your phone.

Naturally not the harder quests that require boss or miniboss kills, but other trivial quests. And perhaps limit it a bit, so only a few a day.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Would be cool if they could implement a minigame to world quests that you could complete with your phone.

Naturally not the harder quests that require boss or miniboss kills, but other trivial quests. And perhaps limit it a bit, so only a few a day.
    Then the world quests start dancing dangerously close to the old garrison system that everyone cried about. Do you want this to be a push button Facebook game which was unanimously paned in WoD or actually be quests we have to go out and do? The fix for this is all world quests should at least last 12 hours to 24 hours minimum. That is the problem how long the world quests last don't make them push button for the love of God.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP World Quest, dude. 6 hour rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Then the world quests start dancing dangerously close to the old garrison system that everyone cried about. Do you want this to be a push button Facebook game which was unanimously paned in WoD or actually be quests we have to go out and do? The fix for this is all world quests should at least last 12 hours to 24 hours minimum. That is the problem how long the world quests last don't make them push button for the love of God.
    That would actually be a bad thing for the PvP WQs, though, so it's not really a solution. You want them to be available reasonably frequently.

I mean, the only "solution" here is to laugh and go "Dammit!" but to know, in future, you'll probably have an opportunity at something similar or better from a WQ.

I agree that we shouldn't make them "remote-doable".

Actually it occurs to me that there is an alternate solution, which would be to have tech which "saves" a world quest - like extending the lockout on a dungeon/raid - but I'm not sure this is either technically feasible or even really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    PvP World Quest, dude. 6 hour rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

That would actually be a bad thing for the PvP WQs, though, so it's not really a solution. You want them to be available reasonably frequently.

I mean, the only "solution" here is to laugh and go "Dammit!" but to know, in future, you'll probably have an opportunity at something similar or better from a WQ.

I agree that we shouldn't make them "remote-doable".

Actually it occurs to me that there is an alternate solution, which would be to have tech which "saves" a world quest - like extending the lockout on a dungeon/raid - but I'm not sure this is either technically feasible or even really needed.

How doesn't that work? If one clears them they then rotate quicker if one doesn't clear them they stay until cleared or 12 to 24 hours passes really that simple. Some people have real life and or work. If it pops up late at night I can't do it since I'll be sleeping then going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    PVP world quests last for 6 hours, so it would likely have popped up while he slept, or shortly after he got to work, depending on what the time is where the OP lives.
    Which really begs the question: Why do PvP WQs only last for 6 hours? Seems kinda odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How doesn't that work? If one clears them they then rotate quicker if one doesn't clear them they stay until cleared or 12 to 24 hours passes really that simple. Some people have real life and or work. If it pops up late at night I can't do it since I'll be sleeping then going to work.
    It's a bad thing because with 6 hours, you often have two chances at a PvP WQ in a zone in an evening (as one six hour period end and another starts), and if you have time before work, they'll be up again.

If they were 12 or 24 hours, you'd have far fewer chances to even do PvP WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Which really begs the question: Why do PvP WQs only last for 6 hours? Seems kinda odd.
    So you can do more of them - it was 2 hours until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

No.
    Missions have been quite rightly adjusted, and that happens to fit an app format.
    World quests are in part to actually give players something out in the world to do, something a bit more varied than daily quests.
    An app is detrimental to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not everyone has a job where they can sit at a desk and slack off.
    dont? damn, i feel sorry for all of those ppl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Remote desk!
    oh yeah this, sometimes i log on WoW with splashtom with my cellphone. moving with arrows its not the best but you can put a cursor in the screen on go to options to set the click to walk feature .

it works for easy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's a bad thing because with 6 hours, you often have two chances at a PvP WQ in a zone in an evening (as one six hour period end and another starts), and if you have time before work, they'll be up again.

If they were 12 or 24 hours, you'd have far fewer chances to even do PvP WQs.

So you can do more of them - it was 2 hours until recently.
    I don't think you are getting me here. It should rotate like every six hours or maybe a little less if one COMPLETES them. For those that don't COMPLETE them they don't rotate and stay for 12 to 24 hours. Are you understanding now? The completion of them should trigger them rotating.

Deleted
    Shit I missed it :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    probably to make them seem like a rush, or something cool, an event so to speak.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    i was at work and saw on map 840+ pvp trinket and had 1hour timer till its world quest end, wanted to leave for 1hr do the quest then come back to work , why blizz cant give us all option to do quest from mobile , warriors have this option to finish one world quest but has CD
    What class do you have? At a certain point you can research the trait to complete a world quest without going out in the world. Not sure if it works on the app, however.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Addicted to WoW to the point that you need to be connected even while at work? I feel sorry for the new generation... and for your boss.

Deleted
    Not all the classes got that research... For druid no.

I don't think you are getting me here. It should rotate like every six hours or maybe a little less if one COMPLETES them. For those that don't COMPLETE them they don't rotate and stay for 12 to 24 hours. Are you understanding now? The completion of them should trigger them rotating.
    But PvP WQs also change their location - there are 2 towers in each zone, each faction controls one and you get the WQ for the other tower. How do you imagine your quest should stay if the other faction has the quest at this point in time and you going there will see friendly npcs?