Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's pretty impressive that you denied it, then proved his point!
    Not necessarily. He's pointing out that asking that kinda question on the day that raids open is 1)saying you don't trust those in the council and 2)there's a high probability that you're a loot whore.

Both of which are strikes against. No serious raiding guild will use personal loot..at least not at the start.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Alot goes into consideration for my guilds loot council. your weekly activity your contribution to the guild and stuff like that but if you are the person that only shows up for raid nights and expects to get loot then gtfo. we are also not greedy if someone got a piece of gear then they pass to the next person. we are casual and have fun. we do make exceptions like if someone is on vacation for the week or is really sick or cant because of other reasons but if they dont let us know and just show up for the raid sorry no loot unless absolutely noone else needs that being said i am glad we have a group of about 10-12 people that are pretty active and we wont fight over loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Yup I am 100 percent aware. And you wouldn't even be thought of for raiding with us. Anyone who cares about gear distribution so much that they can't trust a loot system is not some one I have time for.
    99 percent of people who have asked this question to me leave after the first 3 weeks of raiding.
    Don't you care so much about loot distribution, you'd rather decide who gets what yourself instead of using, say, personal loot? Why would you use loot council if you don't care?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    8 years? wow must have been nice to use loot counsil to get loot 1st for all these years
    As a healer, I never take loot first and usually don't even put in for items now that we have the bonus rolls unless no one else in the guild needs it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

We have used loot council for 8 years.
    If you are worried about abuse and not getting gear then don't raid.

If some one said this shit to me before they tried to join my guild they would never be considered for a single piece.
    Thanks for proving why LC is a shit system lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Loot council worked fine when I raided in a guild that used it...

... but of course I was a healadin at the time. There is not much competition for caster plate. :P

Ultimately, it is a trust issue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I have been out of the raiding scene for years and from what I am reading personal loot seems like a better overall gearing option for entire guilds but on my servers the only guilds recruiting are all loot council based. I am wondering if the Inner circle buddy system will be prevalent and something I should just walk away from.

I joined this one guild recently since all 5 of the only mythic guilds recruiting all used loot council but has anyone had alot of good experiences with loot council or should I just cut my ties? I did notice that the officers were all grouped together doing mythic modes seeming to exclude other members but that is natural to want to group up with your closer knit friends so that has no bearing on this issue. Just seems ripe for abuse over personal loot or DKP.
    I'm not saying you didn't ask any questions prior so don't take this as an accusation, but I would definitely suggest doing so if you haven't. Something as simple as asking how they decide on loot is usually very telling about how a loot council will go.

For example. I just joined a guild for Legion and they are using LC. I'm from a guild that used EPGP so obviously this is a huge departure from my norm. I asked what the priority for loot was during my interview. I personally do not care about loot because I'll get it when I get it. I view loot as a tool and not a piece of candy. But I have seen so much drama revolve around loot even from EPGP. They explained that it'd be done based on what's best for the guild (in more words paraphrasing) based on BIS/Optimal Gear lists that people submit. We have a google doc spreadsheet that the ENTIRE raid team can see o it's completely clear how loot is being distributed.

I know these are not grand things and this doesn't solve the internal issue with knowing that humans can be shitty sometimes, but it helped me cope with it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Don't you care so much about loot distribution, you'd rather decide who gets what yourself instead of using, say, personal loot? Why would you use loot council if you don't care?
    We use loot council because its important the the RIGHT person gets the gear. Not just the person who wants it.
    We will now be using Personal with the great changes they made, but once we are appropriately geared and progressing through mythics we will be going back to Loot Council.

If a Mythic Warforged trinket goes to some one who has to kite on the next target or some one who has to be sat for some one else then the item basically didn't drop.
    I expect people we raid with to understand the distinction. But people like the OP would just get butthurt and leave the guild.

I've seen it a million times.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot Council is by far the best system.

It gives full power to the leaders, like it's suppose to be. They can value their members and award the more dedicated ones before slackers etc.

Most guilds that use Council are really fair, just show up, do your thing and stay loyal to your guild and you will gear up like everyone else

Haven't really seen a DKP guild since TBC days to be honest. I remember some guild, where a Rogue had saved enough DKP to buy Thoridal in SWP back in TBC. He took it over all their raiding hunters. That is just wrong.

Personal Loot has no place in organized raiding ever!!

Yeah trials who mention loot don't last long with us. I tell them if you loot is what you wanted go buy a fucking carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is personal loot usable? why wouldn't guilds use personal these days anyways, isn't it technically better?
    Because I get a mastery/versa item when haste and crit are BiS for me and I can't trade it because it's higher than what I want. I also get that shitty trinket that doesn't suit my spec whatsoever, but it's BiS for a handful of ranged on my raid. And so on.

We use loot council because its important the the RIGHT person gets the gear. Not just the person who wants it.
    We will now be using Personal with the great changes they made, but once we are appropriately geared and progressing through mythics we will be going back to Loot Council.

If a Mythic Warforged trinket goes to some one who has to kite on the next target or some one who has to be sat for some one else then the item basically didn't drop.
    I expect people we raid with to understand the distinction. But people like the OP would just get butthurt and leave the guild.

I've seen it a million times.
    And as someone who has never raided in a guild that uses a loot council regardless of whether you think inquiring about a system I have no inertia of experience with I will also ask other's who have been involved in such a system if its a decent system to join a guild that uses. Sorry if asking questions makes you upset. Classifying someone as trash in your eyes just because they are asking about something foreign to them I cannot comprehend your logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm normally a big advocate of loot council being a thing, but you can be sure that with mythic+ level 15 having a realm first achievement, guilds are probably going to loot council all the good stuff to themselves and their 5 man static the first week or two and everyone else gets the scraps.

This is coming from someone who was once in a guild that used loot council very fairly, considering these factors in this order:

1. How big of an upgrade the item is for you, both in terms of item level and all of the officers more or less knowing what your "best stats" are.
    2. Your overall contribution to the raid and guild.
    a. Are you there for every raid you can possibly make, and don't skip progression raids or raid bosses you don't need?
    b. Do you get on only for raid and not help out with 5 mans or really interact all that much with the guild?
    c. Do you have a good attitude or are you constantly whining?

A lot of guilds will have attendance problems, especially when it comes to progression nights vs farm nights, and people out on nights where it's bosses they don't need. When we went from DKP to loot council, a lot of the attendance problems dried up once we started picking people who decided to show up and practice with us consistently over those who would skip out on progression and come spend their DKP on farm.

A couple of people rage quit over not being able to skip raids that "wasted their time" but they were obviously bad leeches that should have been kicked long ago.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Loot council in top 5-10 guilds = Legit.

Loot council everywhere else, especially anywhere not top 100-500 = HUR DUR WE WILL GEAR OUR GROUP OF FRIENDS FIRST SO WE CAN ACT ALL PRO AND MIGHT IN LFR/LFG.
    True story!!!
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    And another person proving the OP's point. Unless a world first raiding guild personal loot is the much better choice now. As any sort of loot council only leads to unneeded drama and slows the raid down on top of it. Why do any loot style that will lead players whether true or not that others are getting preferential treatment?
    Just to be clear, I am not suggesting loot council is the best choice for people or most guild. Just that in theory loot council is the best choice for progression. It does not mean it is the only choice.

What the majority of these posts are indicating are,

With the exception of those chasing the world first, most players are not interested in the challenge. They are interested in the loot. They raid mythic not for the challenge but for the loot. If Blizzard removed shared lockout and allow a small chance, say 5%, that a loot drop from the last heroic raid in a wing to be mythic gear, people will run it for that loot.

People put their own personal progression above the guild. They care about what they get more than what others get. This is normal and nothing to be ashamed about it. Are you happy when a guild mates gets loot? Yes. Are you even happier when you get loot? Most likely.

This is why loot is always an issue and so loot council. People do not see it as a fair system. It is not. That is because it is, if used correctly, for guild progression rather than individual progression. Even if the guild is progressing and the individual is not, they will not feel happy when they see their effort not being rewarded, even though it is indirectly because the guild is progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Eh? Such animosity for asking for an opinion. I have never dealt with loot council before and I have no choice IF I want to raid on my server as its the main method for gear distribution on my server. To someone whom has never dealt with this before I am only asking if people have had issues with the Loot council method. Your statement of your guildies not being considered for any loot because your mood is soured by a certain person without cause is were my angst comes from.

I wish I could delete this thread now. I never meant to start a thread that I now can see would easily slide down into troll territory.
    Ha, people with mentality like this made me adamant to not join a council-based guild. More like old boys' club.

15+ Year Old Account
    Loot council is the best way to ensure the group as a whole is progressed optimally. I used to play like that, it was okay. All members need to be mature, otherwise there will be loot abuse, loot drama and whining.
    Most of the time it was about making sure that set bonuses are developed ASAP. Also, you didn't keep an upgrade if it was a major upgrade for someone.

We have used loot council for 8 years.
    If you are worried about abuse and not getting gear then don't raid.

If some one said this shit to me before they tried to join my guild they would never be considered for a single piece.
    Ahh -- The exact kind of reply that I would expect from a Loot Council fanboy.

I've been playing since Vanilla and have been MIA for parts of expansions starting with Cataclysm. I've raided with many guilds over the years, not a guild hopper just that guilds break off and disband, and out of the guilds that ran LC I've only seen it properly practiced in one guild. Even then there was a situation where a high rank got loot over someone who would have been next in line.

A straight point accumulation system works best over loot council any day.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I raided a number of times with a guild that used Loot Council. Any time something dropped, the GM asked that everyone interested in rolling on it, send him a whisper with the piece of gear you'd be replacing. Unless it was a tier piece, or something crucial to a core person in his main team, he always went with the people who had the worst gear as the ones who would be rolling on it to ensure no one was at the bottom of the 'rung.

But he was a truly outstanding GM and an absolute rarity in this game, so I wouldn't expect that of anyone else, anywhere. He knew what it took to be a GM in every way, and there are not many truly qualified GMs. More often than not, you're looking at alot of potential abuse.

My guild had a 1 item per run, relative to PUGs as well. You could roll on as many things as you wanted, but once you won something, that was it for the run unless you were 1 for 1 with someone else rolling against you. (Two members want an item and both have won one item each already, then they are tied and may roll each other for another drop if there's no one rolling who hasn't won something yet). These rules seldom had to be enforced early on though as everyone in the guild was more interested in strengthening the team than the individual for a long time. I did have people argue over loot but not in the expected way: "You take it, I don't really need it." "No, you should take it, I insist." "MAKE UP YOUR MINDS SO I CAN M.L. THIS SHIT!" (the last being me, obviously, haha.)

We enacted "Loot Council" during Dragon Soul but only when it came to tier sets. Everyone was told that tier sets would go in priority of the tanks, and failing that, our top DPS (which .. was me .. but this was a group decision, I didn't even propose it or vote on it myself), and down the ladder. It was mainly if it would make your set 2 or set 4 (depending on the power of it), especially set 4. Tanks got all pieces they needed until set 4, period.

In the end, find a guild that you can trust, not a system. No matter the system, if the guild can't be trusted, then they can't be. I would have never hesitated to trust loot council in the first example I gave, because he prioritized what was right for his whole team. On the other hand, a DKP guild I was in, the loot always went to the top members, all the time, every time .. even when it was a side-grade they didn't need versus someone else who really needed it to get caught up. It was a "the richer keep getting richer" scenario the whole way. I liked the GM and the officers for everything but the DKP, that shit didn't help the team as a whole at all.

Loot Council isn't fair and it does not exist to be fair, most serious raiding mythic guilds will give loot to ppl who are better at the the game/ is playing the strongest class at the moment or something like that because they are aiming the kill and not giving gear equalitarialy to everyone, the whole idea of the system is to feed gear to where gear is needed the most for progression. Most players who play in these guilds understand that. However everyone eventualy gets loot if kills are happening. If you can't acept that, then ye, council isn't for you.