Thread: Vers Gear???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    At the moment i havent had trouble finding any vers gear but checking the two raids (nightmare & nighthold) there are 0 items that have vers as the higher of the 2 secondary stats and in general just an abysmal level of vers. It looks like dungeoneering is where it's at for vengeance at the moment. In the last 2 weeks i've shifted around 6000 stats from haste and crit to vers and the difference is huge.
    World bosses have alot more vers on gear than raid bosses. now it might be like crit/vers or haste/verst or mastery/vers but still alot more than raid does. looks like i might be getting more gear from world bosses than raid which is kinda disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    looking at your BiS list for emerald why are you not including drops from world bosses? I find them to have alot more vers gear than raid.
    I would have to say its because getting an 860 to roll to 895 is much harder to do than getting an 880 to roll 895. Agi will always trump secondary stats.

Err that was for vengeance ... same thing applies tho. Agi/Stam increases are more worthwhile over the little versa you may gain from the lower ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    I would have to say its because getting an 860 to roll to 895 is much harder to do than getting an 880 to roll 895. Agi will always trump secondary stats.

Err that was for vengeance ... same thing applies tho. Agi/Stam increases are more worthwhile over the little versa you may gain from the lower ilvl
    i guess i need to look at it at a normal run since that is what i will be doing. 850 is normal aint it so wouldnt world boss drops be better than normal raid?

i guess i need to look at it at a normal run since that is what i will be doing. 850 is normal aint it so wouldnt world boss drops be better than normal raid?
    Yes they would be. World bosses drop 860 where normal is 850

Yes they would be. World bosses drop 860 where normal is 850
    so while everyone is gearing up with normal raid gear my gear will mostly be coming from world bosses...well that is awesome..

so while everyone is gearing up with normal raid gear my gear will mostly be coming from world bosses...well that is awesome..
    Will take a long time to get the world boss gear tho. since they are not all up every week. You could be waiting months to try for the boss you want and then not even see the drops you want

Will take a long time to get the world boss gear tho. since they are not all up every week. You could be waiting months to try for the boss you want and then not even see the drops you want
    i know but the better gear option comes from world bosses. which imo is a flaw on blizzards end

i know but the better gear option comes from world bosses. which imo is a flaw on blizzards end
    Actually if you are only doing normal raids you would prolly see better gear out of mythic+ dungeons

Actually if you are only doing normal raids you would prolly see better gear out of mythic+ dungeons
    Yeah. It now that we are raiding on the nights we did mythics and I usually don't have a lot of time during the week idk about getting them done so we will see

Quote Originally Posted by xx22xx View Post
    Whats about Mastery?
    According to Icy Veins, Mastery is the dump stat for Havoc. I decided to look into it for myself and noticed only four spells actually have Chaos damage (Fel Rush, Chaos Strike/Annihilation, Eye Beam, and Fel Barrage). While Mastery does scale better than Versatility, I notice I am doing more than or the same amount of DPS at 46% crit, 11% haste, 5% vers, and 10% mastery than my guildies that have 45% crit, 3% haste, 0% vers, and 20% mastery, and they have a good five to ten ilvls above me.

Mythic+ Dungeons drop gear capping at ilvl 850 for the first week, so they will be equal to Normal and below Heroic Emerald Nightmare.
    Last edited by RedNight at MMOC; 2016-09-20 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    According to Icy Veins, Mastery is the dump stat for Havoc. I decided to look into it for myself and noticed only three spells actually have Chaos damage (Fel Rush, Chaos Strike/Annihilation, and Eye Beam). While Mastery does scale better than Versatility, I notice I am doing more than or the same amount of DPS at 46% crit, 11% haste, 5% vers, and 10% mastery than my guildies that have 45% crit, 3% haste, 0% vers, and 20% mastery, and they have a good five to ten ilvls above me.

Mythic+ Dungeons drop gear capping at ilvl 850 for the first week, so they will be equal to Normal and below Heroic Emerald Nightmare.
    You forgot FB in that since FB, iirc, is chaos dmg.

Yea for the first week it's capped. But after that mythic+ will give a higher ilvl than world bosses and with luck, higher than heroic EN provided you can do +10

You forgot FB in that since FB, iirc, is chaos dmg.
    I forgot about Fel Barrage, thank you.

@sosleapy

I didn't include world bosses because they give 860 gear and you can't target farm them. Yes the stats may be better, but you will get gear from raids much faster and even m+ will give better gear about as quickly, if not faster.

If you are only running normal, then this whole thing matters even less, because gear and stats don't really matter for normal anymore.
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-09-20 at 05:23 PM.

Vers is our only way to mitigate any magical damage at a ll. So yeah
    Same with every other tank though. Nobody else has "magic dmg reduction" gear either. At least we have empowered tattoos on a relatively quick CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?