Deleted

2 Very Special Demon Hunter Havoc Questions

Hello guys,

maybe someone can help me out but I have two questions which are not kinda easy to answer, at least for me.

So I checked icy veins, I checked here and did on mr la roboto for my best gear in slot.

It seems that the mmo champion guide and icy veins only differ in belt and back and mr la roboto is not even close to both for it's best in slot are some weird items whenever I use their stat weigths values or mine. So I am kind of confused which one is the best in slot now.

Secondly is a little about simulationcraft

active_enemies>desired_targets ( how much is desired targets ? )

and actions+=/throw_glaive,if=talent.bloodlet.enabled&spell_targets>=2+talent.chaos_cleave.enabled&(!tal ent.master_of_the_glaive.enabled|!talent.momentum.enabled|buff.momentum.up)

+ actions+=/annihilation,if=!talent.momentum.enabled|buff.momentum.up|fury.deficit<=30+buff.prepared.u p*8|buff.metamorphosis.remains<2

am I reading correctly that annihilation is worth more, with the given requirements, as long as I have not chosen chaos_cleave whenever there are 2 or more targets?

PS: I have one more question as it differs on icy veins and here again, after betrayer trait to the third big one or the little ones right to it?
    Last edited by mmoc01bc3f9ad7; 2016-09-19 at 11:38 PM.

1. BiS lists don't really matter anymore. You will use highest ilvl with the best stats you can get your hands on. In some cases that can be titanforged dungeon gear.

2. Chaos Cleave is a horrible choice. Shouldn't be taken at all. If it is, it still falls behind Glaive Toss in the rotation but it is higher priority than Blade Dance when less than 4 mobs are in the picture.

3. After your second gold you should be taking Demon Rage and Contained Fury before going for the 3rd gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    3. After your second gold you should be taking Demon Rage and Contained Fury before going for the 3rd gold.
    That's actually incorrect as of right before launch. Going for the third gold trait before taking Demon Rage and Contained Fury is the correct choice.

1. BiS lists don't really matter anymore. You will use highest ilvl with the best stats you can get your hands on. In some cases that can be titanforged dungeon gear.

2. Chaos Cleave is a horrible choice. Shouldn't be taken at all. If it is, it still falls behind Glaive Toss in the rotation but it is higher priority than Blade Dance when less than 4 mobs are in the picture.

Why go for demon rage and Contained fury? What does that gain us as opposed to going for the other 3rd trait? Is that a dps gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Why go for demon rage and Contained fury? What does that gain us as opposed to going for the other 3rd trait? Is that a dps gain?
    When Demon Blades was the top choice in tier 2 it made sense. Now its sorta, kinda preference unless you have the legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    18% dmg increase on your builder, either demon's bite or demon blades. Contained fury is a dmg increase as well but imo its more a QoL thing giving you more fury to spend during momentum windows.

Inner Demons is more of a dps gain overall obviously but the 4 points you will be spending before that are basically a waste of points. gain fury when you dodge an attack ... useless in raids. lower cd on eye beam is good but on boss fights it becomes useless as you aren't generating many soul fragments. This is more of a dungeon trait. So going for the flat dmg increases will benefit you more in the long run. Saw the numbers on it during pre patch but I don't have them easily available atm. Maybe Munkky or someone else here has em.

18% dmg increase on your builder, either demon's bite or demon blades. Contained fury is a dmg increase as well but imo its more a QoL thing giving you more fury to spend during momentum windows.

Inner Demons is more of a dps gain overall obviously but the 4 points you will be spending before that are basically a waste of points. gain fury when you dodge an attack ... useless in raids. lower cd on eye beam is good but on boss fights it becomes useless as you aren't generating many soul fragments. This is more of a dungeon trait. So going for the flat dmg increases will benefit you more in the long run. Saw the numbers on it during pre patch but I don't have them easily available atm. Maybe Munkky or someone else here has em.
    Yeah... Dblades was nerfed since prepatch, so the numbers are no longer the same. Check out the sticky here or the DH discord for the updated path.

i hit that same question of where to go next after anguish recently. the icy veins path also suggests ignoring the blade dance buff until really, really, really late (like 14th trait you buy??) and that raised some alarm bells, so i decided to go towards inner demons next.

artefact power is gained so quickly, i am 2 and a half points towards inner demons already and i have really not been trying that hard to get AP. i suppose slightly rng on how many things you get per dungeon bosses, but still. it is being gained faster than i thought it would, and i am still a day away from AK4.

If you're grinding ap then no it really isn't hard to get. I have 20 points in havoc with 15 in vengeance currently. All I really do is the daily heroic, mythics each week, and my emissary quests favoring ap wq's or possible upgrades.