Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Based on the speech the Lich king gives you after the event, the whole thing was just a plot to get Darion (who was questioning the LK) killed and raise him as the 4th horsemen.
    That the point! Also Darion sacrificing himself for saving his fellow knights makes others 3 Horsemen respect and change their mind about Darion. Remember what they (Nazgrim - Thoras - Sally) said before Darion's corpse at Acherus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    Actually, this interpretation is very interesting to me because my paladin (who I roleplay as) is now losing her shit over what happened while she was aiding the Highlord and the rest of the force at the Netherlight Temple; she has death knight friends since the Northrend Campaign, and things got sore between them now from her end for what she thinks is a personal betrayal.

Maybe if they explained it to her in character some day, she might mellow.

And that's why my Paladin is more intelligent than yours. He knew right from the beginning that Undeads are not to be trusted and that the Death Knights would betrey and attack them some day. Now he got proven that Undeads are simply evil. Now the Tauren only have to prove him that they are not worthy serving the Silver Hand as a bunch of barbarians and that the Blood Elves will betray the Light again and he can die as a very very very happy man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    And that's why my Paladin is more intelligent than yours. He knew right from the beginning that Undeads are not to be trusted and that the Death Knights would betrey and attack them some day. Now he got proven that Undeads are simply evil. Now the Tauren only have to prove him that they are not worthy serving the Silver Hand as a bunch of barbarians and that the Blood Elves will betray the Light again and he can die as a very very very happy man.
    Yeah, no. Not going to take the bait.

Yeah, no. Not going to take the bait.
    of course not. people dont hunt dragons.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you go off in search of your fourth Horseman, the Lich King notes how it must be a leader figure, one who can take the other three and command them.

The entire scenario at LHC is a test, the Lich King knows from the start that Tirion isn't the target, it's just a convincing enough story to get you and the others to go. That Darion goes, despite his reservations, and then when things go south he sacrifices himself for the good of the rest of the team, he shows all the qualities a leader needs, back at Acherus the others comment on how impressed they are with his bravery, when you raise him, they have their leader and the Lich King's will is revealed.

Deleted
    The better question is why would Bolvar want to turn Tirion, when he himself sacrificed himself so Tirion wouldn't have to.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    The better question is why would Bolvar want to turn Tirion, when he himself sacrificed himself so Tirion wouldn't have to.
    Bolvar did not want Tirion to die. But Tirion was already dead, and so Bolvar wanted to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgarg View Post
    Does anyone know for definite who is actually in control? Bolvar isnt even a paladin is he? and LK(nerzhul) broke arthas to his will so what is special about bolvar?
    Arthas was always particularly weak willed. He was a good Paladin and a great warrior, but he was also brash, easy to anger, and never thought things through. It was incredibly easy for Mal'ganis to trick him into chasing him to Northrend and take up Frostmourne.

I just want to point out to the people saying the Ebon Blade got wrecked...

The Ebon Blade suffered zero losses from the attack.

The Silver Hand suffered several losses.

If it wasn't for the LOLight, it would've been a complete and decisive victory, but plot armor always wins in the end.

Deleted
    I've been saying this (mostly in my head and to people close enough to bitch at) ever since the cutscene after we killed Arthas.
    Bolvar Fordragon is dead.

Now i don't know if he was already dead before he took the Helmet, or that he died after. But he is dead. Gone. No more.

All that is left is either the combined entity of Arthas and Ner'zhul or just plain old Ner'zhul. You could clearly notice the voice change in the cutscene at the end.
    And you can clearly notice his change of character ever since we started to interact again with him at the start of Legion. Add to that the fact that frost DK's have constant memories of Arthas who is basically just telling you that you and your fellow Death Knights are no longer in control of your own actions but that you are just doing whatever the Lich King wants you to do.

Now i don't know what his plan really was, i don't know if he really wanted to raise Tirion (My bet is that he did wanted to make Tirion his bitch) or that he wanted to "break" Darion. Fact remains that this Lich King is not our friend, he is not the jailer of the damned. He has been licking his wounds and beginning to set his new plan in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    I just want to point out to the people saying the Ebon Blade got wrecked...

The Ebon Blade suffered zero losses from the attack.

The Silver Hand suffered several losses.

If it wasn't for the LOLight, it would've been a complete and decisive victory, but plot armor always wins in the end.
    The Ebon Blade got utterly fked cus:
    1. Holy ground
    2. Underneath LHC, in a sanctum for the Paladins new order
    3. Not even the LK himself could do anything here, see 1
    4. The Ebon blade lost their Highlord, being Darion who now is a part of "Scourge v2" id say.

Anyway, OT: Im pretty sure that Bolvar/LK KNEW that Darion wouldnt be pleased with this, considering how he "looked up" to Fordring and he only joined because of the orders the PC (being LK's new fetch-dog) commanded, which was sent from the LK.

as Dutchbrownie said; He wanted Tirion to be his bitch OR the LK knew that the ebon blade wouldnt stand a chance in hell against holy ground, even if the Deathlord and his "horsemen" (guess you could call them that cus theyre under your command afterall) was there to on the top of ICC and became victorious over the previous LK. Bolvar knows what we are capable of and hes taking advantage of that, simply cus he can.

All in all, I believe the PC and the EB will be controlled by the LK at some point, if this continues.

Deleted
    Maybe Darion was in love with Fordring? He looked always like he has some serious daddy issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyLight View Post
    The Ebon Blade got utterly fked cus:
    1. Holy ground
    2. Underneath LHC, in a sanctum for the Paladins new order
    3. Not even the LK himself could do anything here, see 1
    4. The Ebon blade lost their Highlord, being Darion who now is a part of "Scourge v2" id say.
    Wrong arguments people have been making forever:
    - holy ground means nothing, as both times the EB is actually able to pull of an attack, the second time being done by just four (powerful) dks; just as desecrated ground means nothing when it comes to invoking the light for a miracle, apparently
    - a sanctum that the Deathlord alone stormed through until he defeated Lyandrin by himself, after desecrating the holy tombs just near the chapel
    - i don't know why people always think the LK could do nothing at LHC, when Arthas showed there and went all "APOCALYPSE!!1!!111!" he was actually breaking an entire army alone. He was stopped and repelled by yet another mircale by Tyrion who insta-purified Ashbringer by simply touching it (LOL-light strikes again).
    - the EB raised Darion as a horsemen, they lost nothing and gained the final member

Tbh, the Highlord and the majority of the paladins army wasn't there during the attack, but it doesn't change the fact that just the PC, Darion and two freshly raised horsemen brought to their knees their order. It was once again a miracle for Tyrion that made the plan "fail".

Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    Time travel 8 years ago, Arthas and his death knights get destroyed by the Argent Dawn+Ashbringer at LHC. Present day, the DKs think its a good idea to invade LHC again, but this time its not just the AD, its all the paladin orders united under the Silver Hand. Granted most of the paladins are off at Netherlight Temple at this time, but Arthas (and by extension, now Mograine) knew LHC was holy ground and that they could not win a battle at it.

How does it make any sense at all for DKs to even think about bringing Tirion back given past events at the LHC?
    It doesn't, it's one of the major flaws of the scenario, though in my mind not the only one. The whole Four Horsemen idea and previous quests I enjoyed that last one was just terrible, and made no sense unless you accept that the DKs are idiots and possibly mind controlled.

The sad thing the basic premise is there for a decent story, it's okay that the Ebon Blade doesn't get Tirion, it's okay that Morgraine became the final Horsemen and their leader, it's just the setup of events that led to it was just poorly done.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2016-09-22 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe Darion was in love with Fordring? He looked always like he has some serious daddy issues.
    Actually, I kind of agree with this. Not about being in love, but he clearly at least "loved" him outside of the boundaries of mere respect; it always looked that way to me.

Though from what I understood as the guys here explained, Darion was against raising Tirion.

Deleted
    Actually, I kind of agree with this. Not about being in love, but he clearly at least "loved" him outside of the boundaries of mere respect; it always looked that way to me.

Though from what I understood as the guys here explained, Darion was against raising Tirion.
    That was supposed to be a joke about Daddy issues.

And I still wished that they had made Renault a Hoursemen. It would have been a by far more interesting story than Sally, uniting the Mograine Brothers, giving him a opportunity to redeem himself and to get his vengeance against Balnazzar for manipulating him into killing his own father.

Deleted

And I still wished that they had made Renault a Hoursemen. It would have been a by far more interesting story than Sally, uniting the Mograine Brothers, giving him a opportunity to redeem himself and to get his vengeance against Balnazzar for manipulating him into killing his own father.
    But I am not joking. I just can't get over how close I felt they were.

Deleted
    But I am not joking. I just can't get over how close I felt they were.
    Not really. Darion respected Tirion, but he also viewed him as naive. In the end, Tirion was just some sort of comrad. He would have stolen his corpse by his free will and its not like I would call that too evil. Tirion was all of his life someone who let others pay the prices. His Son and Wife had to pay the Price of his pride, the Argent Dawn had to die for his safety in Light's Hope Chapel, again a Crusader had to die when they sailed towards Northrend, the Argent Crusade in Zul Drak, the Members of Alliance, Horde and Crusade during the Tournament. Even after the Lich Kings Fall, Bolvar had to pay the price, not Tirion.

It would have been Tirions opportunity to taste sacrifice himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loot View Post
    How does it make any sense at all for DKs to even think about bringing Tirion back given past events at the LHC?
    Paladins are basically useless (play the fucking campaign) unless the light itself comes by and goes "OH SHIT GOTTA BABY SIT THE RETARDS, SHU-SHU SCOURGE". Tirion was (half) useful. DK Tirion would end at least 25% of the legion by himself alone with a stick.

Even after the Lich Kings Fall, Bolvar had to pay the price, not Tirion.
    yeah but tirion was ready to sacrifice himself before bolvar said: "bro let me do this because I'm already useless and can't do shit"

- - - Updated - - -

who knows, blizz wants to expand the class hall story in the future. maybe we will raise/see him