Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiede View Post
    Except the CD is for one charge, so a 12 sec recharge gets you 50% uptime (+ 6 sec from the extra charge).
    First charge lasts for 6 seconds,2nd charge for 6,thats 12 seconds,first is off cd at that point,2nd is at half,by the time the first is up the 2nd is available again,rinse wash repeat so long as you have the pain to spend.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Versatility, but after that it's a toss up between Mastery and Haste. The former can increase physical damage reduction, while the latter decreases certain ability CDs.

I was thinking of Vers/Mast, and become an immovable wall of awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Vers>Haste=>Mastery, I like to keep a good balance between haste and mastery, currently im at about 6.9k Vers(17.2%/8.6%), 4.9k Haste (15.2%) and 4.5k Mastery (31.4%). Haste just makes everything feel a little smoother, and personally I'd like more vers I just can't get decent items with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    First charge lasts for 6 seconds,2nd charge for 6,thats 12 seconds,first is off cd at that point,2nd is at half,by the time the first is up the 2nd is available again,rinse wash repeat so long as you have the pain to spend.
    Charges don't recharge separately, they recharge one at a time.

2 Charges is 12 seconds, so charge 1 is off CD and charge 2 is at 12 sec, and would have 6 sec remaining after charge 1 wore off.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-09-19 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I like Vers>Haste=>Mastery, I like to keep a good balance between haste and mastery, currently im at about 6.9k Vers(17.2%/8.6%), 4.9k Haste (15.2%) and 4.5k Mastery (31.4%). Haste just makes everything feel a little smoother, and personally I'd like more vers I just can't get decent items with it.

- - - Updated - - -

2 Charges is 12 seconds, so charge 1 is off CD and charge 2 is at 12 sec, and would have 6 sec remaining after charge 1 wore off.

Yeah I dont think its possible to have 100% uptime without feed the demon or our 4 set tier bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Yeah I dont think its possible to have 100% uptime without feed the demon or our 4 set tier bonus.
    Correct, and with Feed the Demon we wouldn't have Soul Rending, which is OP.

Deleted
    I prefer mastery > haste > versatility in mythic and mythic+, most packs don't last more than the duration of your demon spikes, and with good coordinated CC your damage reduction is far greater than what you could have pulled off with versatility.

I've tried both versatility and mastery, and for dungeons i feel mastery is far better, tho in raids untill T19 arrives i too believe versatility might be better. However if your DH is going to stack versatility, i would rather have a warrior or a paladin in raids.

My character is Luundh-Auchindoun on EU if anyone is curious about my gear.

Deleted
    Since I'm not planning to go progress raiding with this i prefer mastery above all else, more damage in dungeons and demon spikes last long enough in trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to point out that Jazzhands is correct,with 24.5% Haste I can maintain 75% uptime on Demon Spikes,I was misreading the recharge effect,so yeah,I was wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    "Wrong Stats" Yeah okey man, because icy veins says something else? Lmao.

Not sure why people think Haste is so bad..
    I could be wrong of course, but i kind of assume Munkky has a bit more knowledge and in depth understanding bout that class than you do. Especially since your reason for picking the wrong stats are "No fun with static stats".

But again, if you feel that you have a better understanding of the Vengeance DH than he does, maybe you should write the guide on Icy-Veins

Quote Originally Posted by HJAELTEN View Post
    I could be wrong of course, but i kind of assume Munkky has a bit more knowledge and in depth understanding bout that class than you do. Especially since your reason for picking the wrong stats are "No fun with static stats".

But again, if you feel that you have a better understanding of the Vengeance DH than he does, maybe you should write the guide on Icy-Veins
    i guess possibly the top tank in the world is wrong too with going haste over vers or mastery too?? now i aint going haste becasue i am not as skilled as that guy but seems like with gear will be getting this is stat priority mosty will be going with mastery>veng>=haste. i aint there yet but looking at raid gear it looks to be the way we are heading for next raid after emerald...

Been trying to get as much Vers as possible but badluckbrian with stats on loot.

Sitting on:
    25,39% crit
    11,88% haste
    44,96% mastery
    7.20% versatility

I do however got the legendary cloak that gives Magic Damage Reduction when Immo Aura is up, considering if maybe Haste becomes quite abit more valuable thanks to this ?

Will hopefully do fine in raids anyway.
    Last edited by Zyrhon; 2016-09-20 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    I just want to point out that Jazzhands is correct,with 24.5% Haste I can maintain 75% uptime on Demon Spikes,I was misreading the recharge effect,so yeah,I was wrong.
    Yeah, although the uptime depends on the length of the fight too. 30 second pulls you can get better uptimes due to the chaining than the longer 5 min encounters in raids. So 75% might be right for the current 5-man trash pulls (and faster boss kills), but it's going to be a lot closer to 50% in EN. (uptime trends to duration divided by recharge time the longer the combat is)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrhon View Post
    Been trying to get as much Vers as possible but badluckbrian with stats on loot.

Sitting on:
    25,39% crit
    11,88% haste
    44,96% mastery
    7.20% versatility

I do however got the legendary cloak that gives Magic Damage Reduction when Immo Aura is up, considering if maybe Haste becomes quite abit more valuable thanks to this ?

Will hopefully do fine in raids anyway.
    I got the clock also, thought the same. But how often do you take constant magic dmg? When you do, you can time the cloak. I still think vers is best and most people I've spoken to says the same.

I don't know why sco (main tank of method) rate haste so high tho... Maybe because he knows his healers well? Still.. I think that vers is the best because a dead tank is a bad tank. Dps is fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    I got the clock also, thought the same. But how often do you take constant magic dmg? When you do, you can time the cloak. I still think vers is best and most people I've spoken to says the same.

I don't know why sco (main tank of method) rate haste so high tho... Maybe because he knows his healers well? Still.. I think that vers is the best because a dead tank is a bad tank. Dps is fuck all.
    problem with versa is that you need a lot of it for it to be pretty effective. Going more haste/mastery gives you more uptime on demon spikes and more reduction from it. I'm sitting at 2900 versa which is only a 3.6% dmg reduction. So off a hit for a million dmg my versa reduces it by 36k. Not that big a deal with the numbers we are looking at currently

Edit - This is going off my havoc gear and spec btw. Just looking at my armory for the numbers. Not sure if i have more of a reduction as vengeance from versa. But the point still applies.
    Last edited by Enitzu; 2016-09-20 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    problem with versa is that you need a lot of it for it to be pretty effective. Going more haste/mastery gives you more uptime on demon spikes and more reduction from it. I'm sitting at 2900 versa which is only a 3.6% dmg reduction. So off a hit for a million dmg my versa reduces it by 36k. Not that big a deal with the numbers we are looking at currently

Edit - This is going off my havoc gear and spec btw. Just looking at my armory for the numbers. Not sure if i have more of a reduction as vengeance from versa. But the point still applies.
    I am lacking alot of gear without vers and I still have about 7200. Which is about 9 %. Might not seem like much, but Demon spike is already powerful and it wont do jackshit against magical damage. Which means, if you were to die from magic.. ALL your haste / mastery = useless. If you were to die between demon spike uptime? = All your haste / mastery = useless.

Versa reduces the risk of dying the most. All the time. Efficently and alot more secure than haste / mastery. It also lowers the drain on your healers, all the time. Im lacking alot of versa gear but I have about 7200 which is about 9 %. A million hit, its almost 100k. Thats alot. Not only that, it increases my dmg (all my dmg) by 17.80 % and also my healing by 17.80 %
    Demon hunters do alot of healing which means, overall.. Versa gives me soooo much survival and benefit for the raid.

I am lacking alot of gear without vers and I still have about 7200. Which is about 9 %. Might not seem like much, but Demon spike is already powerful and it wont do jackshit against magical damage. Which means, if you were to die from magic.. ALL your haste / mastery = useless. If you were to die between demon spike uptime? = All your haste / mastery = useless.

Versa reduces the risk of dying the most. All the time. Efficently and alot more secure than haste / mastery. It also lowers the drain on your healers, all the time. Im lacking alot of versa gear but I have about 7200 which is about 9 %. A million hit, its almost 100k. Thats alot. Not only that, it increases my dmg (all my dmg) by 17.80 % and also my healing by 17.80 %
    Demon hunters do alot of healing which means, overall.. Versa gives me soooo much survival and benefit for the raid.
    You are correct that it reduces the magic dmg and is pretty much the only thing outside of empower wards that we have to do so. But your assumption of relying on versatility to prevent you from dying between spikes is quite a stretch. DHs have plenty of other tools. Fiery Brand during spike cd's helps. Relying on self heals is also completely feasible. The fact that you say you have over 7k versa means that you are in fact wearing crafted gear. So what are going to rely on when the raid gear makes you lose it all? Versatility is a band aid for mediocre tanks. Learning how to properly manage your abilities is what will keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    You are correct that it reduces the magic dmg and is pretty much the only thing outside of empower wards that we have to do so. But your assumption of relying on versatility to prevent you from dying between spikes is quite a stretch. DHs have plenty of other tools. Fiery Brand during spike cd's helps. Relying on self heals is also completely feasible. The fact that you say you have over 7k versa means that you are in fact wearing crafted gear. So what are going to rely on when the raid gear makes you lose it all? Versatility is a band aid for mediocre tanks. Learning how to properly manage your abilities is what will keep you alive.
    Check my armory, I am wearing one pair of crafted gear. There is a reason why 90 % of the healers I run with LOVES to heal me because I am one of the tanks that takes the least damage they have been with.

Deleted
    Check my armory, I am wearing one pair of crafted gear. There is a reason why 90 % of the healers I run with LOVES to heal me because I am one of the tanks that takes the least damage they have been with.
    In dungeons you take far more damage with versatility, just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    In dungeons you take far more damage with versatility, just a heads up.
    In practice thats false. With vers / haste I take far less damage than other tanks we've run with. Dunno if its that I use my cds better or DH is better but thats our experiance.

I've been told the exact same and I don't run with much versa at all. Hell I don't even need a healer in heroics. Mythics, it's usually the dps that stress my healer more than I do. That's just DH in general I think. Well a good one anyway. I've seen some pretty bad ones out there.

Edit - Ah yea ... pvp gear. That too won't go up high enough ilvl. You will lose a ton of versa raiding as there are only 3 pieces with versa. now you may get super lucky in mythic+ but even then theres not a lot of dungeon gear with versa either.
    Last edited by Enitzu; 2016-09-20 at 07:02 PM.