Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The article states that the taser was used then he was shot and it's in the video just difficult to see according to the article. Purposefully obtuse? It's about right about the time that he "allegedly" reached for his waistband.
    Which article? The article linked in the original post from "thegrio"? It's a short article, and I didn't see any mention of what you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he went over and reached into his vehicle while police were telling him to stand and probably lie down. If I was a police officer and the suspect was going over to his car despite my lawful orders to the contrary with no explanation, I'd assume that he's trying to grab a weapon too, at least if I was in America. In that situation, you don't wait until you see the gun after he's pulled it free from the car. Sudden movements and threatening behavior when the cops are on edge like that are pretty much suicide. Just because you've got your hands up doesn't mean they'll ignore everything else you are doing.

I've never had to deal with police in the US, but not setting them off and doing what they tell me would be on top of my list of things to do in that situation.

Watch this people, and tell me you wouldn't be doing the same thing:
    Last edited by Krawu; 2016-09-20 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Its not an arguement. Its common fucking sense when you're a cop. You're protecting and serving. Not bigoting and cowarding
    I'm glad we can both agree that that wasn't an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Looks like he went over and reached into his vehicle while police were telling him to stand and probably lie down. If I was a police officer and the suspect was going over to his car despite my lawful orders to the contrary with no explanation, I'd assume that he's trying to grab a weapon too, at least if I was in America. In that situation, you don't wait until you see the gun after he's pulled it free from the car. Sudden movements and threatening behavior when the cops are on edge like that are pretty much suicide. Just because you've got your hands up doesn't mean they'll ignore everything else you are doing.

I've never had to deal with police in the US, but not setting them off and doing what they tell me would be on top of my list of things to do in that situation.
    Cops should be mentally stable. Not on edge. If you have paranoia and prejudice don't be a fucking police officer folks.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Some people can't. When my wife's car stalled she didn't have the ability to push her SUV off the road either. Just because you can move a vehicle with power steering failure does not mean everyone else can. Do you know for sure he doesn't have any injuries that may prevent him from doing so? Someone's size means very little if they have an impairment that prevents movement above certain weight thresholds.

Him not having emergency lights on is a complete non-sequitur.
    http://www.meineke.com/blog/when-pow...ring-goes-out/

The biggest thing is to not panic. Honk your horn and turn on your blinkers to let other motorists know you’re having an issue, and then slowly maneuver your vehicle to the shoulder of the road. Remember that turning will take a lot more effort than you’re used to, and also remember to brake gradually: Slamming the brakes could send the vehicle into a tailspin, and without proper steering controls you’ll have no way to straighten it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Which article? The article linked in the original post from "thegrio"? It's a short article, and I didn't see any mention of what you said.
    In the video, Crutcher is seen walking with his hands up and eventually putting them on the side of his SUV. Police on the scene then surrounded him, making it difficult to see the tasing and eventual shooting.

Another officer, Tyler Turnbough, deployed his Taser during the encounter.

One officer did the correct thing by using non-lethal force -- Officer Shelby did the wrong thing an opened fire on him. Unless you're going to claim that they shot him and then tased him?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    http://www.meineke.com/blog/when-pow...ring-goes-out/

The biggest thing is to not panic. Honk your horn and turn on your blinkers to let other motorists know you’re having an issue, and then slowly maneuver your vehicle to the shoulder of the road. Remember that turning will take a lot more effort than you’re used to, and also remember to brake gradually: Slamming the brakes could send the vehicle into a tailspin, and without proper steering controls you’ll have no way to straighten it out
    And yet we've been discussing a vehicle that has come to a stop and can no longer move. You're building strawmen at this point. If the car can't move there's no way to maneuver it off the road short of pushing it.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2016-09-20 at 05:28 PM.

Yeah, you would think. However if you suggest people obey the commands of a police officer, then you are racist. According to a segment of our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yet another thread purely about "race" when those threads are specifically forbidden. Its ok to create threads for the express purpose of bad mouthing police officers and hand waving ridiculous behavior on the part of criminals.

Great job mods!
    ^---This Nothing is wrong with discussing the subject of the officer shooting an unarmed man, but too many people are focusing on his race. Even not talking about his race you get race bait response AND NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT.

In the video, Crutcher is seen walking with his hands up and eventually putting them on the side of his SUV. Police on the scene then surrounded him, making it difficult to see the tasing and eventual shooting.

One officer did the correct thing by using non-lethal force -- Officer Shelby did the wrong thing an opened fire on him. Unless you're going to claim that they shot him and then tased him?
    I'm not claiming anything with regards to the order or time gap between the tazer and the gun, I'm just questioning your statement. You said that he was tazed, then seconds passed, then he was shot. I asked you how you came to that conclusion.
    Last edited by Taneras; 2016-09-20 at 05:37 PM.

i get the feeling that black guys in america should be forced by law to attend school, and in that school they should have lessons of how to behave when encounter authorities, before beeing allowed to walk on public streets. For Europeans it seesm that black men in slavery were better kept for, than they are able to keep for themselfes.

Its astonished in a sad headshaking way how often black gets shot in the US, and i am 100% sure its not because they are black, after watching / reading about lots of incidents. Its because they behave in a very primitive, lets say stoneage way, aka running away, bad mouthing, and so on.

I think big part of the problem is the black mindset that says "everyone hates us for our colour", which i dont think is true at all. People that realy think that black people should be killed , kicked out or erredicated are very very few.

People hate people on drugs, and they hate relentless criminals.

The main problem of a Movement like BLM is that it actually supports mugs thiefes, robers, killers and all the kind of folks that should be in prison or at least on a rehab. BLM is a drug addict mug supporter circle, at least from my european pov.

I have seen apes that are able to adept to social situations better than the typical drug- influenced Black Mug that gets shot in the US.
    And yep that is not untrue or hyperbole, i have been working in behavioral animal psychology, and i think the best thing to stop all this stuff happening is a special education for black people about how to behave in the western world, aka training scenarious like "Police stopped me, what do i do know?

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-23 at 03:51 PM.

And yet we've been discussing a vehicle that has come to a stop and can no longer move. You're building strawmen at this point. If the car can't move there's no way to maneuver it off the road short of pushing it.
    How did the vehicle come to the stop on the opposite side of the road? You keep ignoring that. Also don't use strawman since you don't understand what it means.

The second time you changed what I wrote in didn't even quote it, you're not fooling anyone.
    Oh wow, you're actually talking about this. Do people often tell you that you fail to detect sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like he went over and reached into his vehicle

How was he reaching into his car when the door was shut and the window was rolled up? You can see the blood dripping down the window.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Oh wow, you're actually talking about this. Do people often tell you that you fail to detect sarcasm?
    Now you're trying to save face on your lies. Not only did that in any way sound sarcastic, there was no /s to even indicate you was being sarcastic.

Now you're trying to save face on your lies. Not only did that in any way sound sarcastic, there was no /s to even indicate you was being sarcastic.
    Were there quotation marks to indicate that it was a quote?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Its called being cautious.
    Much like wearing a tinfoil hat just in case the government DOES have mind-control rays is "cautious".

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Yet another thread purely about "race" when those threads are specifically forbidden. Its ok to create threads for the express purpose of bad mouthing police officers and hand waving ridiculous behavior on the part of criminals.

Great job mods!
    The thread is about police brutality. Not race. This man wasn't a "criminal". The rule about race threads isn't intended to auto-lock any thread that so much as mentions race in any way. It's meant to lock down threads that are fundamentally ABOUT race, because people keep behaving badly in those. And this isn't one of those.

If you really believe this, I recommend you never operate a motor vehicle again, for your safety, and the safety of others. Is it OK to exit your vehicle in the middle of the road especially with the emergency flashers off?
    I didn't say it was "OK". I said it happens.

And the worst that should happen to someone who does it is a talking-to by the officers called to the scene, and a ticket. Not a fatal shooting of an unarmed man. It's a civil infraction. What next, cops see someone driving 3 mp/h over the speed limit and they start chasing, guns blazing?

- - - Updated - - -

How did the vehicle come to the stop on the opposite side of the road? You keep ignoring that. Also don't use strawman since you don't understand what it means.
    We're ignoring it because the position of the vehicle warrants a ticket, and that's it. Not a fatal shooting. It's in no way relevant to whether the shooting was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    How was he reaching into his car when the door was shut and the window was rolled up? You can see the blood dripping down the window.
    I agree, he wasn't reaching into his vehicle and it couldn't be perceived that he was about to because the door was closed and the window was up. After watching the video, look around the 30-32 second mark, it does appear that he has one of his arms lowered and his hand is around the waist level, right in front the lower part of his shirt in the front. That's likely what prompted the deadly force.

10+ Year Old Account
    We covered that already. The vehicle is angled towards the oncoming lane. If it was driving in the wrong lane as you claimed it would be pointing towards the flow lane because cars naturally drift to the right as a safety precaution. There's nobody ignoring anything in this but you...there's countless reasons as to how a car can drift across lanes due to engine failure.

Why would you use a link that tells me what to do if my power steering fails if we've been talking about what the article says and the vehicle is stalled? Seems like you're building up arguments I never made.

Deleted
    I start to wonder if you ever dealt with vehicles and sudden breakdowns. There is hundreds of ways a car could break. People have already stated multiple reasons but you just dismiss it with "WHY IS HE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD ARFARAGAF". I dont even know why you are so desperate to prove something that honestly matters little in this event.
    And even if its nothing wrong with the car, you dont fucking deserve to be killed for standing in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Much like wearing a tinfoil hat just in case the government DOES have mind-control rays is "cautious".

The thread is about police brutality. Not race. This man wasn't a "criminal". The rule about race threads isn't intended to auto-lock any thread that so much as mentions race in any way. It's meant to lock down threads that are fundamentally ABOUT race, because people keep behaving badly in those. And this isn't one of those.

I didn't say it was "OK". I said it happens.

And the worst that should happen to someone who does it is a talking-to by the officers called to the scene, and a ticket. Not a fatal shooting of an unarmed man. It's a civil infraction. What next, cops see someone driving 3 mp/h over the speed limit and they start chasing, guns blazing?

- - - Updated - - -

We're ignoring it because the position of the vehicle warrants a ticket, and that's it. Not a fatal shooting. It's in no way relevant to whether the shooting was justified.
    So if it warrants a ticket, don't you think he then broke the law and should have followed the officers commands to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, nothing like that.

Cautious in the sense that there's a government/media supported hate group causing millions of FB, Twitter, etc, messages of people openly calling for the death of cops and Whites.

Cautious in the sense that there's a new BLM inspired shooting every week.

Cautious in the sense that a suspect who ignores your commands, walks back to his car, and tries to get inside of it might be doing so because hes got a weapon.

Cautious in the sense that police work is dangerous work and being cautious is how you get home alive.

But,you knew all of this, and you probably even knew I'd say it, because you're a smart guy.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN