Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I assume you're talking about the curing status aliments through Amie. I find it unlikely that Amie healing will be as quick and convienant as using a full heal so I don't see the problem here.
    I like it. It's actually less convenient than the present method and you get to bond with your mon. For people who just want to fix the status condition quickly, there are always full heals and the like. Win/win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rugby monkey. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Oranguru is amazing.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Rugby monkey. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Oranguru is amazing.
    Those are really cool Pokemon. I'm gonna catch Oranguru and name him King Louie!

don't really like those new mons.

Homophobia is so gay.

Joey gives some good insight on the competitive implications of the newest information

10+ Year Old Account
    If I get a Passimian, I'm calling it Wakka.

- - - Updated - - -

Something to note; Oranguru's fur has strands of hair matching Sun and Moons colours. Also, it reminds me of Olympia more than Lunala did.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Btw, don't sleep on Evo-boosted Eevee:
    +2 252+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 200-236 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Return vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 222-262 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

EEVEE FOR UBERS
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-09-20 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Btw, don't sleep on Evo-boosted Eevee:
    +2 252+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 200-236 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Return vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 222-262 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

EEVEE FOR UBERS
    And then you realize that all it takes is a Ghost to LolNOPE this Eevee, but it's fun idea. Although... it CAN learn Shadow Ball via TM...

Midway through typing that first line I may have just talked myself into messing around with this Eevee during Sun&Moon :P

Also: Stored Power with what, +10? That hurts. Run some Baton Pass shenanigans... dis gun b gud

Deleted
    I feel like setting up Eevee would be really hard with those poor stats, unless you're investing defensive EV's and an eviolite as item slot perhaps. If an opponent is locked into a ghost-type attack with a choice item you can freely set up ofcourse, but apart from that prepare to take massive damage from any STAB move from a sweeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I feel like setting up Eevee would be really hard with those poor stats, unless you're investing defensive EV's and an eviolite as item slot perhaps. If an opponent is locked into a ghost-type attack with a choice item you can freely set up ofcourse, but apart from that prepare to take massive damage from any STAB move from a sweeper.
    Eviolite as item wont work since I believe you need an item to make Z-Moves work, similar to megas so that is out of the picture.

Anyway, unless my understanding of game mechanics and/or math is really really off, on max speed EV and neutral nature it actually outspeeds everything up to 140 base speed, the only mons faster than it are Accelgor, M-Sceptile, M-Beedrill, M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam, Deoxys-Attack, regular Deoxys, Ninjask and of course Deoxys-Speed. All of them being on max investment and positive nature. On a positive nature this shrinks down to Ninjask and Deoxys Speed.

#EeveeforUbers

Deleted
    Performing the Z-move doesn't take a turn or am I missing something? With 55 base speed, almost all sweepers outspeed you before +2. And without eviolite and defensive EV's this is what taking damage looks like:
    252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 6 HP / 0 Def Eevee: 243-286 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

That's without a damaging item like life orb for Bisharp. And iron head is 80 base damage, hardly the strongest stab move out there. Also even at +2, choice scarf and priority are still a thing.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. +2 6 HP / 0 Def Eevee: 204-241 (80.9 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So yeah no defense invested that Z-move eevee sweeper looks like a gimmick to me that will be hard to pull off. And (pseudo-)haze can get rid of a defensive set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Eviolite as item wont work since I believe you need an item to make Z-Moves work, similar to megas so that is out of the picture.

Anyway, unless my understanding of game mechanics and/or math is really really off, on max speed EV and neutral nature it actually outspeeds everything up to 140 base speed, the only mons faster than it are Accelgor, M-Sceptile, M-Beedrill, M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam, Deoxys-Attack, regular Deoxys, Ninjask and of course Deoxys-Speed. All of them being on max investment and positive nature. On a positive nature this shrinks down to Ninjask and Deoxys Speed.

#EeveeforUbers
    Actually, in terms of speed:

Jolly Eevee reaches 229 speed before the boost @lvl 100, making it 458 after using it's Evo-boost! For comparison, Jolly Mega Beedrill/Sceptile only reach 429, it blows them out of the water! It is just under Jolly Ninjask by 2 points though, Ninjask reaches 460 before speed boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    So yeah no defense invested that Z-move eevee sweeper looks like a gimmick to me that will be hard to pull off. And (pseudo-)haze can get rid of a defensive set.
    Aw, let us have our fun. I was actually thinking 252 hp/252 attack for my set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...uard_(Ability) will work with Receiver from Passimian.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, in terms of speed:

Jolly Eevee reaches 229 speed before the boost @lvl 100, making it 458 after using it's Evo-boost! For comparison, Jolly Mega Beedrill/Sceptile only reach 429, it blows them out of the water! It is just under Jolly Ninjask by 2 points though, Ninjask reaches 460 before speed boost.

Uhm yeah that's what I said, on a positive speed nature on eevee, the list of faster pokemon shrinks down to Ninjask and Deoxys Speed.
    @Derpette Setting Eevee up definitely is a problem, no doubt about that. I don't think Z-moves have priority, now do they?

Deleted
    Aw, let us have our fun. I was actually thinking 252 hp/252 attack for my set.
    I said 'no defense invested' and am definitly liking your version better.
    Although tbf getting a tiny bit of speed EV's may be worth it considering that 76 speed EV's at +2 would get him ahead of all positive-speed-natured base 100s like the mega Zards. Investing nothing in speed gets him ahead of base 96 neutral-speed-natured and less, which is meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm yeah that's what I said, on a positive speed nature on eevee, the list of faster pokemon shrinks down to Ninjask and Deoxys Speed.
    @Derpette Setting Eevee up definitely is a problem, no doubt about that. I don't think Z-moves have priority, now do they?
    Setting up versus something that is slower by default (hippo, forretress, etc.) is probably best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its posible to setup with protect?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Maybe its posible to setup with protect?
    Should not be possible, you use a Z-Move instead of a regular move (I would expect). In that sense it's not like mega evolution, where that strategy works for a couple of mons.

Honestly I'm starting to be worried when there hasn't be any signs of Megas in S&M promos. Reducing Megas into gen 6 gimmick would be surefire way to ruin the so promising looking games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly I'm starting to be worried when there hasn't be any signs of Megas in S&M promos. Reducing Megas into gen 6 gimmick would be surefire way to ruin the so promising looking games.
    I, for one, really hope they're gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I, for one, really hope they're gone.
    I'd sign that petition.