Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, in the late 80's. The forms to apply are right here. It provides...oh wait, you're being sarcastic. You actually think he's a CIA spy.

Who spends most of his time in the USA, behind a desk.

Well, good luck with that.
    In a nation where soldiers are sheep-dipped and Operation Mockingbird was/is a thing, you'd have to be gullible to take what the government and media says at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    The IRS can't allocate resources it doesn't have. It is wildly understaffed right now.
    Prime example: The IRS did not catch that the Trump Foundation made the illegal contribution to the Florida AG. The same Washington Post journalist was the one who found it back in March. Trump only paid the fine after it was called out in the news. And... on the Trump Foundation returns the recipient was suspiciously mislabelled to be another charity in Kansas. Clearly the IRS hadn't double checked that.
    To run the risk of offending you, allocate means to distribute. I'm sure you already knew that, but I think it's worth pointing out. Don't you think the IRS has the authority to prioritize certain cases? Don't you think they would assign manpower from other areas to cover cases that had greater priority? I'm not saying that other cases wouldn't suffer, but I think that clearly, they're going to do everything they can do to conduct Trump's audit accurately.

Furthermore, I don't know that the Trump Foundation is being audited. I thought we we're talking about his personal audit. I don't know if the violations you mentioned would even show up on Trump's tax return.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the usual suspects start screaming that Bush is ''a globalist SJW democrat liberal traitor''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Are we going to talk about skittles yet?
    It was an interesting metaphor, to be sure. I mean, if you're willing to compare taking a handful of Skittles to taking in refugees who are fleeing ISIS so they don't get murdered.

It bothers me to nearly no end when the Republican Party, by choice allied with the Christian faith, not satisfied with attempting to cut SNAP, Obamacare, Medicare/Medicaid, and education -- obviously based on a sermon Jesus gave on the mountain that I missed that day in Bible School -- but are now trying scare tactics to stop us from taking refugees, people who are fleeing their homeland with nothing but what they can carry, to avoid being murdered. And the gall to use this weekend's events to inspire more fear (oh wait, you thought the timing was a conicidence?) is even further hypocritical. One of the attackers was on a student visa. The other was a US citizen. Neither were refugees. They weren't even IN the bowl of Skittles! Or is it more than that? Are the Trump kids actually suggesting blocking anyone from coming in? Are they taking a position that could have kept their own mother out of the country? Is that it?

But it's not just me. It's not just Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers either, although, clearly they've had enough of the hypocrisy as well. No, finally it's getting to everyone else as well. We've recently seen Bush Sr. is done with that shit, and one can assume (I said assume dammit) that the rest of the Bush family is leaning that way as well. (Supposedly, the one who leaked this is in trouble, but is it that big of a surprise? Half his staff already came out vehemently against Trump) No, I'm talking about this:

We knew he's not a fan of Trump, and more recently, not a fan of being threatened by the RNC for failing to support Trump. Now, at his angriest, he's using the desperate strategy of...working with other politicians for the good of the country.

Holy shit. A Congressman trying to do his job is surprising enough. A Congressman saying "this petty bickering is pointless and counterproductive" is even more so. Can he run again? I'm ready to vote for him right now.

The GOP's Next Civil War is Brewing. Maybe Kasich is saying what a lot of moderate Republicans have been saying, and this does not represent any upcoming change in votes. But if even, say, 5% of current Trump voters (not supporters, voters, there's a difference) follow suit, a 1-3% shift in most states, then the red/blue map changes pretty dramatically. And the RNC, which has already gone out of its way to let people donate to their party without donating to Trump, is going to be hard pressed to fight two battles on two fronts at the same time. And it's not like Kasich is alone, either.

Six days.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Are we going to talk about skittles yet?
    The most disturbing part for me is that the image was used and modified without approval and/or compensation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    In a nation where soldiers are sheep-dipped and Operation Mockingbird was/is a thing, you'd have to be gullible to take what the government and media says at face value.
    Your argument pales in comparison to you suggesting Anderson Cooper, one of the more famous faces on the planet, is a government spy. You can't defend that, and I can't help but notice you didn't even try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The Wrigley company has presence here in Chicago and they are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal mad about the meme.
    Are you talking about this Reuters article? By which I mean, did Trump's campaign flub this one so badly that international news is picking it up and running with it? I think they did!
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-09-20 at 07:35 PM.

It was an interesting metaphor, to be sure. I mean, if you're willing to compare taking a handful of Skittles to taking in refugees who are fleeing ISIS so they don't get murdered.

It bothers me to nearly no end when the Republican Party, by choice allied with the Christian faith, not satisfied with attempting to cut SNAP, Obamacare, Medicare/Medicaid, and education -- obviously based on a sermon Jesus gave on the mountain that I missed that day in Bible School -- but are now trying scare tactics to stop us from taking refugees, people who are fleeing their homeland with nothing but what they can carry, to avoid being murdered. And the gall to use this weekend's events to inspire more fear (oh wait, you thought the timing was a conicidence?) is even further hypocritical. One of the attackers was on a student visa. The other was a US citizen. Neither were refugees. They weren't even IN the bowl of Skittles! Or is it more than that? Are the Trump kids actually suggesting blocking anyone from coming in? Are they taking a position that could have kept their own mother out of the country? Is that it?

But it's not just me. It's not just Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers either, although, clearly they've had enough of the hypocrisy as well. No, finally it's getting to everyone else as well. We've recently seen Bush Sr. is done with that shit, and one can assume (I said assume dammit) that the rest of the Bush family is leaning that way as well. (Supposedly, the one who leaked this is in trouble, but is it that big of a surprise? Half his staff already came out vehemently against Trump) No, I'm talking about this:

We knew he's not a fan of Trump, and more recently, not a fan of being threatened by the RNC for failing to support Trump. Now, at his angriest, he's using the desperate strategy of...working with other politicians for the good of the country.

Holy shit. A Congressman trying to do his job is surprising enough. A Congressman saying "this petty bickering is pointless and counterproductive" is even more so. Can he run again? I'm ready to vote for him right now.

The GOP's Next Civil War is Brewing. Maybe Kasich is saying what a lot of moderate Republicans have been saying, and this does not represent any upcoming change in votes. But if even, say, 5% of current Trump voters (not supporters, voters, there's a difference) follow suit, a 1-3% shift in most states, then the red/blue map changes pretty dramatically. And the RNC, which has already gone out of its way to let people donate to their party without donating to Trump, is going to be hard pressed to fight two battles on two fronts at the same time. And it's not like Kasich is alone, either.

Six days.
    You would notice, Breccia, that if it have been something that could be possibily profitable for the Democrats, Alex and Jones would have started screaming, Sandy Hook style, ''conspiracy ! false flag '' ! one second later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...hillary-228395

What's the excuse for this Trumpeters? Is he too just a democrat in disguise for you people?
    Trump belittled and embarrassed his son on a national stage multiple times for months on end. Is it that surprising his dad would come out and pull a stunt like this? Not really. I would be more surprised if he said he was voting for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Trump belittled and embarrassed his son on a national stage multiple times for months on end. Is it that surprising his dad would come out and pull a stunt like this? Not really. I would be more surprised if he said he was voting for Trump.
    It's pretty significant that a living ex-president is voting against their party in a presidential election for any reason. Possibly a first, at least a first to be publicly confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    No wait, the Skittles thing is even worse. The man who took the picture IS HIMSELF A WAR REFUGEE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's pretty significant that a living ex-president is voting against their party in a presidential election for any reason.
    Are you sure you meant the singular form? It could be both of them. I've yet to see W really endorse Trump. Has he?

EDIT: This is the best I could find. Apparently he's undecided? I guess?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-09-20 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A little refresh of your memory, I said national polls are not that important as the state polls are, esp the swing states. And he has been gaining ground in those. Yeah, the debates will be interesting, so have plenty of popcorn on hand.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see why Bush Sr. lost to Bill Clinton. His son Bush Jr, sucked as a president in my opinion. His younger son, Jeb, is a like a spoiled kid who did not get the toy he wanted for Christmas.
    Do the debates really matter to you? If Trump does great you are going to trumpet that he was amazing, if he does horrible you are going to trumpet that he was amazing. Of all the horrible things he has said and done you really don't care and would sign off on them so long as he was elected. There is no bottom to the low that Donald can stoop to where you still wouldn't be his cheerleader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Do the debates really matter to you? If Trump dies great you are going to trumpet that he was amazing, if he does horrible you are going to trumpet that he was amazing.
    Freudian slip there?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Do the debates really matter to you? If Trump dies great you are going to trumpet that he was amazing, if he does horrible you are going to trumpet that he was amazing. Of all the horrible things he has said and done you really don't care and would sign off on them so long as he was elected. There is no bottom to the low that Donald can stoop to where you still wouldn't be his cheerleader.
    Your post reminds me of a pet parakeet I once had when I was younger...he aggressively pecked at a mirror when it was placed in his cage....apparently thinking there was another bird in the cage and not realizing that it was actually a reflection of himself.

It's pretty significant that a living ex-president is voting against their party in a presidential election for any reason. Possibly a first, at least a first to be publicly confirmed?
    Blood is thicker than water and political parties apparently.

Bush Sr. probably won't be around long enough to see either one finish their first term so it probably doesn't matter to him. But yes, it is unprecedented. I doubt it will matter much or sway anyone's vote though. He just wanted to get in one last dig on Trump before it's too late, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    He just wanted to get in one last dig on Trump before it's too late, lol.
    Anyone else waiting to see the childish tweet Trump uses to attack Bush Sr? He attacks pretty much everyone else who criticizes him. Or is he actually sensible enough to let that one go? Is Conway in the Trump Campaign Center right now, wrestling his phone away from his tiny fingers, "No! Let this one go, Donald! Not this time!"

EDIT: Yep, here's Politifact basically saying "I told you so"
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-09-20 at 07:51 PM.

Are you surprised? Clinton is a conservative and Trump is anti-establishment.

Anyone else waiting to see the childish tweet Trump uses to attack Bush Sr? He attacks pretty much everyone else who criticizes him. Or is he actually sensible enough to let that one go? Is Conway in the Trump Campaign Center right now, wrestling his phone away from his tiny fingers, "No! Let this one go, Donald! Not this time!"

EDIT: Yep, here's Politifact basically saying "I told you so"
    The only things I'm waiting for are the many, many tell-all books about the Trump campaign when this is all over, win or lose. Of course, given how litigious he is, he'll probably have to die before anyone will publish one, but I can wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    The only things I'm waiting for are the many, many tell-all books about the Trump campaign when this is all over, win or lose. Of course, given how litigious he is, he'll probably have to die before anyone will publish one, but I can wait.
    Trump seems to have lowered the number of "I will sue you for publishing factually true information you can back up" lawsuits of late. Maybe because his lawyers actually told him he can't do that. Besides threatening to sue the NYTimes for satire (equally stupid) he hasn't really pushed that button much. I guess his legal team has other things to worry about, huh?

Clinton represents everything the entire Bush family wants and has worked for since the early 1900s so no surprise there. It's also not that significant since all bets are off now, Establishment is the thing to rally around not party anymore.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    To run the risk of offending you, allocate means to distribute. I'm sure you already knew that, but I think it's worth pointing out. Don't you think the IRS has the authority to prioritize certain cases? Don't you think they would assign manpower from other areas to cover cases that had greater priority? I'm not saying that other cases wouldn't suffer, but I think that clearly, they're going to do everything they can do to conduct Trump's audit accurately.
    I don't think Trump or his Foundation's taxes will escape scrutiny now that it has been shown that the IRS previous missed wrongdoing. So going forward, the IRS might be able to prioritize them, assuming Trump doesn't win the election and pull shenanigans.

But even if they have the authority, the IRS have to treat him fairly based on the dwindling resources they have. That means that fewer audits and fewer people assigned to audits across the board. The fact that the IRS missed these problems in Trump's taxes that journalists later found just shows that the public can do a better job than the government here.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.