Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Rets, please - stop buff kings and wisdom in dungeons.

Wether they toss kings on the tank and wisdom on the healer and might on themselves...
    Or noticing that I've got my Might on them and they only use kings and wisdom on themselves... thus leaving one blessing unused. . . ("Don't worry, I've done all mythics." they say.)

I've end up in several dungeons with another Retribution paladin and no matter how much I try to explain that a 40K absorb every 6 seconds and a 1% Health/Mana regen every 15 seconds are just not worth it, it's -impossible- to convince them. Unless Blizzard buffs those two Greater Blessings, please, don't be a burden on the rest of the dungeon group. ;_:

Thank you~

Edit: Thanks to Nemmar, you can have a better understanding why you should use Might, in case you don't want to go through the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So...

Using BoK on your tank prevents 400-600k damage to him during the fight. Tanks have 2-3m hp. So thats 1/6 maybe? That would be one or two boss hits.
    BoW will restore about 8% of your healers mana assuming a 2m fight. That is about 1 extra heal.

Might gives you extra damage shaving off a few seconds off the fight duration, avoiding the hits the group woud take and the heals the healer would need to cast.

Overall? You help your group more by finishing the fight faster with Might. The other 2 blessings are useless. Even if all you gained was one boss hit avoided, it would already be worth it.

So yeah, if you want to help your group use might x3. The claims of selfishness over this are laughable at best. By using BoK or BoW you are actually hurting your group.
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2016-09-22 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Wether they toss kings on the tank and wisdom on the healer and might on themselves...
    Or noticing that I've got my Might on them and they only use kings and wisdom on themselves... thus leaving one blessing unused. . . ("Don't worry, I've done all mythics." they say.)

I've end up in several dungeons with another Retribution paladin and no matter how much I try to explain that a 40K absorb every 6 seconds and a 1% Health/Mana regen every 15 seconds are just not worth it, it's -impossible- to convince them. Unless Blizzard buffs those two Greater Blessings, please, don't be a burden on the rest of the dungeon group. ;_:

Thank you~
    Lol...so you're complaining, by having someone try to help, even slightly.....yeah ok.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

7+ Year Old Account
    They need to just remove the blessings and buff ret damage to compensate. It's awful design that an optimally played retri paladin should be buffing the top 3 dps and sacrificing his own damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Lol...so you're complaining, by having someone try to help, even slightly.....yeah ok.
    Well I can bandage your SPAS-12 gutwound with a ribbon. Will it count as help much?
    That's what gbok and gbow are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if I didn't try explain every single time that they should use 3x Might. Might simply outdo those other two blessings by a long shot. Especially important when Blizzard has said that we do 10% less damage and need three of those blessings up to make up for it.

And yes - several paladins can cast Might on the same target.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Well I can bandage your SPAS-12 gutwound with a ribbon. Will it count as help much?
    It's literally a free spell, that you don't even have to use, and you people are complaining about someone buffing you with it. It may suck, but if I get a kings buff I'm not going to yell "YOU STUPID PALADIN WHY?"
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    They need to just remove the blessings and buff ret damage to compensate. It's awful design that an optimally played retri paladin should be buffing the top 3 dps and sacrificing his own damage.
    GBoM counts as the ret's damage.

After reading your reply I understand the issue.

But even still its a free buff and personally I wouldn't bitch about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Pretty much.

(Got my paladin hero on my topic, woo)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    After reading your reply I understand the issue.

But even still its a free buff and personally I wouldn't bitch about it.
    I wouldn't if it wasn't for the fact that I've -never- met another Retribution paladin who blesses 3x Might. ;_; Maybe I'm just unlucky. Yes, free buffs are great - but why pick the WORST buffs of ANY class?

If it's a random, I'll do what I want with my blessings. At least I use them.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I wouldn't if it wasn't for the fact that I've -never- met another Retribution paladin who blesses 3x Might. ;_; Maybe I'm just unlucky. Yes, free buffs are great - but why pick the WORST buffs of ANY class?
    They mite not know its the worst, hell I didn't until this thread.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    While I don't disagree they should or could roll it in, this sacrificing thing is just BS. If a ret puts it on the 3 highest DPS most updated meters and all logs show it properly as attributed to him. If anything it's boosting his standing in the group as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's not free!
    It is free because it cost nothing to use and there isn't always a paladin in the group.

So in other words.....don't be a tite ass. As for your example...math doesn't work that way champ. Because once again if the paladin wasn't there the fights would have took just as long depending the dps of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They aren't helping.
    Helping would be to use their good buffs on the good players.

This is more comparable to using Divine Storm on single target-fights.
    Sure, it helps.. But it's really suboptimal.
    My point is that I'm not going to complain and create a thread about being blessed with kings rather than DPS with might, especially with only 5 man content out until today. Paladins in structured raids will know who to might. In a 5-man, that blessing makes maybe 0-1% difference.

I had a second ret show up in a group I was in a few days back that went on a rant spree because I GBoM'ed myself, the hunter and the DH tank. Told him he could buff himself and do whatever else he wanted to with the other ones.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

i get this to i always buff dps 3xBoM my friend wont tho as says ret is already far behind on dps why make the others do more dps lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    i get this to i always buff dps 3xBoM my friend wont tho as says ret is already far behind on dps why make the others do more dps lol
    You should tell him that the damage THEY do count towards HIS DpS when that procs.

Deleted
    That damage is counted to the paladin.

yeah i said but hes bitter at the mo lol

OP, I don't understand the words you attempt to structure into sentences of English.