Die, insects!
    Feels nice to be relevant, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    (BY FIRE... BE... BURNED!) purged*
    Thanks to you too ara for the nod!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It's not just boss dialogue. Practically every character and NPC in legion tells you to "stay vigilant".
    KEEP YER FEET ON THE GROUND

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    who can tire of "You are not prepared"?
    The whole "prepared" thing was always a total mystery to me. Maybe there's a layer to it that I don't realize. But I never understood why this is always treated like this "cool", classic quote. Something like "If it bleeds, we can kill it", I can understand that. But "You are not prepared"? It's like saying "looks like rain today" or "I hate mondays".

You no take candle > you are not prepared

Some of Arthas' dialogue was pretty awesome though. "I will freeze you from within... until all that remains is an icy husk!", "Your heart.. Its incessant drumming disgusts me. I will silence it, as I did my own!“

I'd rather them not say anything at all than taunt endlessly like a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Xavius in DHT is particularly cringe worthy. It's like all the villains in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    And then Xavius tells him off because a shadow of his true power was enough to get him.
    Right? As strong as Mal is, that's a little wild. I wonder what kind of a raid boss Douch-ivus is gonna be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The whole "prepared" thing was always a total mystery to me. Maybe there's a layer to it that I don't realize. But I never understood why this is always treated like this "cool", classic quote. Something like "If it bleeds, we can kill it", I can understand that. But "You are not prepared"? It's like saying "looks like rain today" or "I hate mondays".

You no take candle > you are not prepared

I think that part of it, is how we first heard that line delivered--when Illidan jumps up in the cinamatic and hovers with those huge wings of his, brandishing his Warglaives of Awesomeness--and it was spoken with such authority, like "You level 60 assholes can't keep up with this'.

Cool stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

There's always been some gems among the "generic villain threats." You can't make every one memorable.

One of my recent favorites is one of the simplest- when a frustrated Lei Shen simply screams "DIE!!!!"

Every once in awhile they make something amazing, like sindragosa's lines in ICC. But most of the time they make god awful cringey shit like malfurion and xavious in darkheart thicket.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Eh, at least you can hear that dialogue in english. Before Legion we could use english sound + text required to play on realm (in my case, russian), but now Blizzard claims that "they don't want players to have that option."

And let me tell you, russian voiceover is a mortal sin. Especially when it comes to demons and other big enemies.

At least the way Xavius says "Shut up, worm" to Malfurion is kinda funny in RU voice.
    It's almost incomprehensible to me that the voices in English--which are usually terrible--are even worse in Russian. I'd try to search them out but my Russian professor used to say "the summer comes and burns the Russian away..." It's been, well, a LOT of summers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This is the reason why i love that boss from hyperdimension neptunia that just yells "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" when you defeat him. Much more humane and relatable. If bosses just threw a natural fuck-bomb they would seem much more reasonable.

"When next we meet..."

Simple solution: Do not play with sounds on. Listen to your favorite edgy trance/dubstep instead.

"I think I have a crush on you HAEHUHHUHHYUAYYUUHYAHHHU"

Freaking Oakheart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have people complaining that Blizz can't write dungeon dialogue forgotten about Koramar and Zoggosh already?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's not so much the lines as the depth of characterization. If a boss has a cool concept and somebody's taken the time to express that, even one-liners will be memorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    "My bark is worse than my bite!" *Laughs to self at own bad pun*
    I once made the pun after killing him: "Seems like he BARKED up the wrong tree."

I am not sorry.

Original poster complains about how effortlessly Blizzard writes boss dialogue but then puts even less effort into complaining about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I once made the pun after killing him: "Seems like he BARKED up the wrong tree."

I am not sorry.
    I wish I could just give this comment a like or an upvote or something, but this is the best I can manage.

Actually laughed out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.