Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Yeah I do stuff with cool people but I'm not sure why gaming changed to be like this. It's so ass backwards.
    Gaming didn't change to be like this. It adapted to be like this. Every time you wipe on a boss you're wasting your time and you're wasting the time of every other person in the raid. If you're too lazy to at least do some internet research in order to try to minimize the number of wipes, then the problem is you because you have no regard for other people.

Yeah, the community is seriously TOXIC.

I don't know how people expect me to do research and look up a fight beforehand when I work 3 jobs, go to school full-time, and take care of my 8 kids. No-lifers I guess...

I don't read the last chapter of a book before starting it.

- - - Updated - - -

"You're wasting my time!" lol, to do what? AFK in org? Enjoy the damn journey.
    Good thing then this is a video game and not a book.

I'm gonna watch a walkthrough of zelda before I play it.
    That's apples to oranges. That is a single play game, no one relies on you doing your job, you dying doesn't waste someone else's time or resources or pots/CD's/buffs. In a raid, I want people to know what they're doing so that I don't have 9 people working together and 1 person just winging it wasting our time.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Even if I research a fight, watching videos and reading up in the journal, I'm not gonna "know" the fight till I get in there and smash my face on it for a bit. Being told what to do and actually doing are two different things. That said, I still look up the info because I WANT to be prepared on what i should be trying to do to win.

Deleted
    Thing is, you don't need to watch a whole full-blown video on it. There is an in-game encounter journal that lists every ability and things that are specific to your role. It's more like you playing Legend of Zelda and not reading any of the text, then shouting "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING??" into the dark.

At this point I'm sure op is trolling, but I'll bite. You're complaining about other people wanting to play the game how they want, while telling them they should play the game the way you want. You're being hypocritical at this point, and your argument is invalid now.

I'm one of those people that thinks there's some definite fun in the discovery, but you can't turn back the clock. You watch the videos and follow the win template.

There is nothing wrong in requesting that people attending a raid know the fights (the very first few, at least) given that there are videos available several weeks before the content is live. If you don't like it, why not make your own group through trade/LFG stating that it's a learning group? There, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You're wasting my time!" lol, to do what? AFK in org? Enjoy the damn journey.
    This is the double standard I find interesting from the "Casual" part of this community

<Insert rant about "unreal" group requirements, saying that other people are trying to force you to play their way.>

<Insert reply that it's not about trying to bend you, it's about not letting 1 person waste 9-29 other people's time who may not play for the same reasons you do.>

<Insert reply that everyone else should play like you do.>

I dunno, I just find something odd about that flow.

My suggestion: Find people who share your few, and play with them, and stop trying to convert everyone else.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

What went wrong with this games community? How can we fix it?
    how dare they expect you to spend 20 min and read up on the fights before wasting everyone time wiping the raid to basic mechanics...the nerve of some people

Yeah I do stuff with cool people but I'm not sure why gaming changed to be like this. It's so ass backwards.
    Some people want the payoff of a movie, some want a bit longer journey a book offers, some want to write the book.

People have different wants. You just have to surround yourself with those more like minded.

I mean, some people love a good romp with god mode enabled, some want a rogue-like.

Just go to bed at night knowing your way is best way.

Deleted
    "Changed". Even in TBC people were required to look up tactics. If we are talking about gaming in general then I'd like to remind you that strategy guides were a thing and sometimes came with the game.
    Last edited by mmoc3c935abe17; 2016-09-20 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    To me, most of the thrill of a new raid is learning the encounters. If you research all the bosses then you already know what to expect and it's not new or exciting.
    stick to league then

If you can't even take 1minute to read the overview in the dungeon journal, you're an ass. "Oh but do you read walkthrough for X different game type" because zelda and megaman are not an mmo. You are playing with OTHER people so you will drag down others.

If you don't want to spend a minute reading the encounter then go form your own group and set your own rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not knowing the fights on raid night is disrespectful to all the other people.

Play with a guild that wants to go in blindly with you?

Watching how a boss fight is supposed to go down is a lot different than actually trying to execute it.

Yeah let me look up a walkthrough of mega man before I play the game!
    Single player games are different. Since raiding involves 10 or more people, some of which want to skip past learning (and extra repair bills) straight into execution, you want people on generally on the same page.

Now, on the other hand the people that insist you bring 4 Flasks 50 pots/food/runes are going a bit far.

Oh and I pitty the dps who have really expensive pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    These fights have been tested in some cases, since January. Dungeon Journal. Youtube. Like 500 different strat websites. There is zero mystery. Players have more access to information than ever before.
    Yeah, this is the problem. The devs don't make it any better either. Day1 DBM and guides on bosses is lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Know the fights?

How do we "learn" the fights?

By actually doing them. You read and watch all the videos you want and that still doesn't translate into "knowing" the fight. If it was as easy to watching a video then almost every guild would be contending for world first mythic kills.