Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well as a Druid, I just solo as a Bear. Haven't had a single problem yet.

Artifact Ranks: 20 Resto, 18 Balance, 13 Guardian, 13 Bear.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People want to be able to top people off with 1 button? Kind of disgusting. Why not just make DPS kill stuff with the push of a button as well.
    BM dps macro from BC says hello. Since your location says "hunter forums", you should be familiar with that one. Oh, and shadowbolt spam from BC too.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If you are in a 5 man and don't manage to heal through something that was intended to be healed through, you're either bad, have a bad tank/dps, or you're both undergeared.
    If someone has 5-10% health left in a dungeon these days, you're either bad, the dps is bad because he stood in fire or something, or you're just undergeared.
    Yeah, the DPS stand in fire! That's the goddamn problem: mechanics are designed to put a DPS from 100 to 20%, and your tools do not allow you to keep them up. Now keeping them up against everything would be stupid, but you should be able to get at least some margin of manoeuver. Not to mention tank health pools, where even 500K+ crits barely top them up.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At least they made questing and solo farming significantly harder for healers too. Only in Blizzards mind do you fix a shortage of healers by making it harder for them to do anything or force them to dps. For the same reason we don't have fighys that force dps to heal we should avoid forcing healers to dps.
    Healer is a support role. Why do you want to do solo content using support role, who are you supporting while doing that content? Respeccing is easier than ever, just 5 seconds and you are more efficient in doing solo content, so why lock yourself into inferior position?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Solution: you're bring too many healers. Cut one or two for more DPS. Bring as few healers as you can get away with without people dying.

Solution: get better raiders.
    Err... raids are not out yet. In EU at least. It's mainly 5-man experience here, where you don't cut DPS in favor of healers and play with DPS from Group Finder.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Err... raids are not out yet. In EU at least. It's mainly 5-man experience here, where you don't cut DPS in favor of healers and play with DPS from Group Finder.
    Regular Mythic 5-mans are unimportant and irrelevant. The only content that matters are high-level Mythic Plus and Heroic/Mythic raids.

Solution: you're bring too many healers. Cut one or two for more DPS. Bring as few healers as you can get away with without people dying.

Solution: get better raiders.
    this is about dungeons, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regular Mythic 5-mans are unimportant and irrelevant. The only content that matters are high-level Mythic Plus and Heroic/Mythic raids.
    Matters for who, exactly? Because the MAJORITY of the players of this massive game are playing every other level of difficulty and content.

Don't be that guy, please.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The bait is set.

Deleted
    Regular Mythic 5-mans are unimportant and irrelevant.
    just like your posts then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Exactly. If I have a massive amount of single-target healing available to me and I cast on a tank only to notice my "Flash Heal" is only going to get about 10% of his maximum HP per cast, and he's taking ~10% per second from the wall of mobs he's pulled, it's a bit scary. Now throw in two DPS losing HP much faster than him and it's downright stressful without coordination.

Like, I really enjoy it with a premade group I'm in chat with but with strangers it makes me feel pitiful.

My strongest heal is a drop in a bucket currently. I thought it was Item Lvl which is likely a part of it but the tanks manage to heal themselves for quite a bit. I noticed this last night running violet prison with a prot paladin. Hots did shit, healing touch even when it crit was a drop in the buck nothing kept him up except himself basically. It wasn't so bad healing the dps, theyd take some dmg from making a mistake but the hots could top them back up easily.

I tried healing my dk tank buddy, 3.2 million hp his hps was nuts.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I loved to heal in wod, people could drop fast but we could also top them fast.
    It was a much faster healing game, and very exciting.

Now, people take a little less damage, but our heals are so weak, spamming the fastest heal 10 times in a row to keep someone from dying isnt fun. Preserving mana can be fun, but that should mean that mana hungry spells are powerful.

Maybe its a gear thing, does anyone remember what healing highmaul was like? Was it similar to this?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

At the beginning of cata my holy pal was so overpowered it was disgusting, but I enjoyed the everliving shit out of it.
    It was actually during the pre-Cata patch where holy pallys were nasty. I wish I had footage of that. Probably the most OP a class has ever been. Get a set of the cheap arena gear they gave out during the pre-patch and go into a BG. You decided who lived or died, would take 5-6+ people to kill you and you could kill them with a few exorcisms.

Perhaps we should buck the trinity thing and add a support role. Support deals damage, but also applies handy buffs to party/ debuffs to enemy(s)/ some degree of AOE healing either by DPSing or a spell. (Or any combination of those.) And to do that, enhancement can return to what it was in BC and wrath... DPS that aids the group in a few small ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Matters for who, exactly? Because the MAJORITY of the players of this massive game are playing every other level of difficulty and content.
    The majority of players in this massive game are also Embarassingly bad at it. That's why Mythic dungeons are irrelevant: because the players who are doing them are either good enough that the content is too easy for them, or so shitty that they don't belong there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Healer is a support role. Why do you want to do solo content using support role, who are you supporting while doing that content? Respeccing is easier than ever, just 5 seconds and you are more efficient in doing solo content, so why lock yourself into inferior position?
    People don't always want to do that and until now they didn't have to. You could easily quest as a healer and keep grinding along. Now it is a serious pain in the ass for most healong specs and due to the way the weapon works you are punished, even if only a small degree, for having multiple weapons. Beyond that just because you like a healing spec doesn't mean you like the fps option tied to it. For myself I like resto druid, but absolutley hate feral and balance. The same is true for other players and classes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    The majority of players in this massive game are also Embarassingly bad at it. That's why Mythic dungeons are irrelevant: because the players who are doing them are either good enough that the content is too easy for them, or so shitty that they don't belong there in the first place.
    This is not a discussion on content difficulty, please take this elsewhere.

People don't always want to do that and until now they didn't have to. You could easily quest as a healer and keep grinding along. Now it is a serious pain in the ass for most healong specs and due to the way the weapon works you are punished, even if only a small degree, for having multiple weapons. Beyond that just because you like a healing spec doesn't mean you like the fps option tied to it. For myself I like resto druid, but absolutley hate feral and balance. The same is true for other players and classes.
    Tough luck, design changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're irrelevant, why force those retarded mechanics on people playing them?
    Also, lol@"irrelevant" in respect to something played by a big part of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

I leveled as holy all the way to 110. Yeah it was a bit slow, but not by that much. And dumping all the AP in the healing weapon was awesome.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    If they're irrelevant, why force those retarded mechanics on people playing them?
    Also, lol@"irrelevant" in respect to something played by a big part of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

I leveled as holy all the way to 110. Yeah it was a bit slow, but not by that much. And dumping all the AP in the healing weapon was awesome.
    Doing solo content with dps spec requires 0 artifact power put into your offpsec weapon.

most (all?) healing specs are much better at dealing damage (i.e. questing) now than they ever have been, I dunno what you're on about