Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Help me understand PvP Rewards..please?

Both my WQ and my procs from BGs have been 805 for the past few days, while I've been honor levels 40-46. Is it a random upgrade to the Vindictive? Or should it scale?

You only get 805 garbage from BGs no matter what honor level you are.

WQ rewards scale with your honor level, the higher your honor level the more likely you will see vindictive WQ rewards. It's still random though so you might be honor level 46 and still see 805 rewards from WQs.

Hopefully they will change things soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You only get 805 garbage from BGs no matter what honor level you are.

WQ rewards scale with your honor level, the higher your honor level the more likely you will see vindictive WQ rewards. It's still random though so you might be honor level 46 and still see 805 rewards from WQs.

Hopefully they will change things soon.
    I still don't get it. I've seen people with 5-6 epics while I have none.

99% of the best gear is behind PVE now.

PVP can offer theoretically better gear through rated play...but it isn't realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    I still don't get it. I've seen people with 5-6 epics while I have none.
    They are doing world quests and it is all RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the PvP reward system is total trash, and we will see a huge reduction in PvP activity.

MMOs live and breathe by the rewards that are offered. You can either steer people toward content by virtue of the rewards being offered or steer people away from it.

The current system does not reward appropriately. A random chance to get gear below your current ilvl isn't a reward and as such will result in less play.

Furthermore, this ambiguous "better gear at higher level" trash that Blizzard is peddling is beyond irritating. At what rating exactly?

Also having 2 systems in play for honor is going to be confusing and it would appear that people are confused here already.

Your honor level in the prestige system is standalone with its own rewards from resetting and doing the whole thing over. It has no effect on the quality of gear you get for completing a BG. What determines that is your rating in Arenas and RBGs.

Like I said the system is fucked.

I always get 840 epics from WQs starting around honor lvl 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I would just like to point out that you can absolutely get higher ilvl gear from BG's, as PvP items can titanforge.

But I would have to agree with the above poster. The new gearing system is really shitty, I don't know what they were thinking.. everyone already hated the random boxes from WoD, and now they just expanded on that.
    While i agree mostly, people hated the ashran boxes not the bg/skirm boxes, those were very welcome and most people liked them (it made honour gearing for new chars or alts extremely quick). But yeah, currently the pvp gearing concept sucks. You should just get something from games which you can spend on gear, higher ilvl gear requiring rating to buy.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty god damn terrible right now. Getting AP from BGs sometimes as little as 6 AP from an item. I've also got an assortment of things in the boxes, PVP Potions, Swiftness Potions, Order Resources, Yseralline Seeds, pretty much whatever junk it wants to give you. Not got really anything I'd call especially useful or wanted from BGs yet, as most of my gear is above 805 from PVE. Only luck was World Quests, which seem to be the fastest and best way to get Honor and PVP Gear, which I want primarily for PVE given it means that little in PVP itself. Will be interesting to see if Rated Play makes it any better or more reliable.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Me and my friend got ilvl 865 vindictive from rated arenas today. Also relics with +40 ilvl. Dont know if it was intended or not but thats how it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Me and my friend got ilvl 865 vindictive from rated arenas today. Also relics with +40 ilvl. Dont know if it was intended or not but thats how it is
    already nerfed, see patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    already nerfed, see patch notes
    Haha...

LMAO

And here comes the salty tears and rated ladder collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I would just like to point out that you can absolutely get higher ilvl gear from BG's, as PvP items can titanforge.

But I would have to agree with the above poster. The new gearing system is really shitty, I don't know what they were thinking.. everyone already hated the random boxes from WoD, and now they just expanded on that.
    But it works on MOLDs and shooters.. random boxes are fun..

.. at least someone decided that a couple years ago, and now everyone has to endure that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    While i agree mostly, people hated the ashran boxes not the bg/skirm boxes, those were very welcome and most people liked them (it made honour gearing for new chars or alts extremely quick). But yeah, currently the pvp gearing concept sucks. You should just get something from games which you can spend on gear, higher ilvl gear requiring rating to buy.
    I retract my statement, i played 30 2s games and got 5 840+ pieces, gearin is awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I retract my statement, i played 30 2s games and got 5 840+ pieces, gearin is awesome.
    If that is true, it would be equal to doing Mythic Dungeons I suppose... I don't it's true though since there are several threads on the offical forums of people doing between 50 and 100 games without getting a single piece, except for the one guaranteed for the first win.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    If that is true, it would be equal to doing Mythic Dungeons I suppose... I don't it's true though since there are several threads on the offical forums of people doing between 50 and 100 games without getting a single piece, except for the one guaranteed for the first win.
    Maybe i just got super lucky, but i got a ton of gear (i mean 3 of those were trinkets and 1 was useless, but still)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i just got super lucky, but i got a ton of gear (i mean 3 of those were trinkets and 1 was useless, but still)
    It does sound promising! I haven't actually had the time to do any arena yet so..

Yeah, i kinda was under the assumption that you got 1 piece per week and that was it basicely (well 1 per bracket). But you have a chance every win, you get 120 AP every win and you still get useless boxes with nothing inside them (why those exist i have no idea) + honour. Actually feels really rewarding right now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BG's would be equivalent to Random dungeons and Arena's would be to Mythic and Raids (Higher arena rating).

Sounds about right with the gearing.

Just think about this, when you do a mythic dungeon or a raid, do you always get loot from every boss you kill? I don't think so.

BG's will certainly die off soon if something isnt done.

Once LFR comes, arena is also going to die hard.

PvP is the system for slow rewards which are notably behind anything you could get in PvE easier and faster. PvP is going to nose dive hard, and I dont think its going to recover this time. The mass human exodus from WoD was bad enough, this time blizzard messed with the rewards and you dont do that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    BG's will certainly die off soon if something isnt done.

Once LFR comes, arena is also going to die hard.

PvP is the system for slow rewards which are notably behind anything you could get in PvE easier and faster. PvP is going to nose dive hard, and I dont think its going to recover this time. The mass human exodus from WoD was bad enough, this time blizzard messed with the rewards and you dont do that.
    I think they are more balacing/tuning the game around those who found getting CQ gear was a chore that had to be done to pvp, not as those who thought pvp was something you had to do to get CQ gear.