Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    What went wrong with this games community? How can we fix it?
    Pretty simple. Read the dungeon journal and watch a video to familiarize yourself with the fights. That doesn't mean you *know* the fights but you should have a basic understanding of what's going to happen. Otherwise it's "Flame Wreath" cast on ShiyoKozuki. What's flame wreath guys? Moves out of wreath and blows up raid!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna watch a walkthrough of zelda before I play it.
    no its more of "look at the controls of the game" you dont go into a game on pc and just GUESS the controls... you look at the tutorial or the options...

your quite the asshole if you rather waste everyone elses time because your too lazy to read the dungeon journal or look up a guide
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    let me come here and whine that other People dont play the Way i want to play instead of making my own group of retarded lfr wipers. I am completely sure you Can find guilds out there meeting your special snowflake needs
    Can I screen shot and send you my clears as we progress?

You know, my group of "retarded lfr wipers" that continually clear content in each expansion not using video guides?

You are right OP, gamers have changed.

The general direction the game is taking is that people take it way too serious at a lower tier level. I've seen guilds who raid three times a week who require 2 alts to do split raids with, normal/heroic raiding guilds forcing people into some specs and excluding some classes from raids because they aren't as good as some others. IT'S A FLEX RAID!!!

I totally understand if you as a player want to min-max and do as much damage or healing as possible. But if your guild isn't raiding mythic or your guild isn't of the absolute top tier some requirements are ludicrous.

As for the general topic of this thread there are so many videos and information about that raids I think it's totally fair to demand that a raider has atleast some basic knowledge of the fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    It's still there. Doing an encounter for real is quite different than just reading or watching it.
    So why do you assume people should watch videos of the encounters then ?

What went wrong with this games community? How can we fix it?
    Are you really looking for people to agree with you on a site that regularly posts strategy videos, class theory crafting, and updates on content that is still in testing? The community that is here, and has always been here, is the community that has led the game in the direction you seem to dislike.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2016-09-20 at 08:30 PM.

Fights were tested on the beta, Dungeon Journal with the same fights has been in the game since the pre-patch, there are numerous guides out there, both in written and video format. You've had plenty of time to learn the fights, as did everyone else. If you're going into a raid unprepared and expect people to cater to you and hold your hand as they guide you through the raid then you shouldn't be doing organized PvE content in the first place - LFR is designed for people like you, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Can I screen shot and send you my clears as we progress?

You know, my group of "retarded lfr wipers" that continually clear content in each expansion not using video guides?

You are right OP, gamers have changed.
    Uh, the idea is that having some information on a puzzle being presented to you enhances your ability to solve said puzzle. And if your entire group refuses any information about mechanics, stat priority, etc, then power to you. A lot of people, though, have more fun when they can put their best foot forward, and a basic understanding of your environment helps with that.
    Also shows guilds that you at least give a slight shit about your own performance when you're not dying to silly shit because you didn't care to hit shift+J beforehand.

day 1 of raid: no one can raid because theres ongoing DDoS on blizzard servers ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    So why do you assume people should watch videos of the encounters then ?
    I assume they should if the group asks for it. Even though there is a difference, having a heads up could mean the difference between a kill and a wipe. "Know the fight" doesn't mean the same as "link achieve". Besides, if blizzard's goal was the discovery aspect of encounters, the dungeon journal would not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard made the choice to publically test fights before they go live and publish the dungeon journal.

You're actively letting down your guild mates in a competitive activity if you don't at least look at the dungeon journal.

Blame Blizzard.

Keep in mind before these things existed fights were EXTREMELY buggy on live and often poorly tuned.
    That's pretty much it. Couple that with the fact that Blizzard uses the top guilds in the world, not to mention everyone else, as their PTR beta testers and you have more videos then you can shake a stick at telling you exactly what to do.

When all of the information is handed to you in such a manner, being prepared for the fights is just as easy as going to YouTube, typing in "Such and such boss fight" and watching a quick 5 minute video to be prepared. Failing to do so, or in the least reading the dungeon journal, is going to just hold your guild back for no reason.

If Blizzard wants that to change, the only way they're going to do it is to have an internal testing team, and do away with the dungeon journal. That way, people will have to actively figure out the fights without it being handed to them on a silver platter, and if people can't learn, they can't progress.

It's just the sad way the game state is in. You either suck it up and learn the fights to some degree, join a casual raiding guild that doesn't give a fuck, start your own, or do LFR. Serious raiding guilds don't care about immersion or 'experience', they just want to down and get past the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The funny part is that - at least in my experience - the most ridiculous requirements/expectations/etc come from the shittiest guilds. Every great guild that I've raided in has been very loose about how you handled your job, as long as said job got done well. (Naturally the ABSOLUTE top/world first guilds might be different)

It's not until you start raiding with horrible midcore wanna be types who are struggling for a "realm 17th kill" that some assclown will bitch about what gem you have in a bracer or something.
    I couldn't agree more. Tbh I don't understand why people even do split raids at all unless you're in it for the world first race. No one other than you will care if you kill a boss as the 20th in the world or the 40th. It's like swimming in those speed suits at the local pool.

I've was in the world first race during TBC and it was far more enjoyable then than it seems to be today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard made the choice to publically test fights before they go live and publish the dungeon journal.

You're actively letting down your guild mates in a competitive activity if you don't at least look at the dungeon journal.

Blame Blizzard.

Keep in mind before these things existed fights were EXTREMELY buggy on live and often poorly tuned.
    Yep. They actively work to tell everyone how to do the content before it's even out. You can read the majority of what you need to know in a few minutes per boss.

The journal isn't there for you to not click it.

I'm gonna watch a walkthrough of zelda before I play it.
    If you are going to be playing Legend of Zelda every week and try to be as efficient as you can while doing so, then you most likely will. If you don't care about efficiency, though, there are plenty of other like-minded people you can group up with to play. That's the fun thing about WoW, the community is so large that you can pretty much always find other people who enjoy the same things you do. Maybe try going on a role playing realm, or wait until LFR is released so you can go in fresh in an automated group finder instead.

But really, I don't think you're spoiling yourself as much as you think. You don't have to watch a video of the fight. Reading up on all the abilities the boss is going to throw at you is not at all the same as experiencing the fight yourself. You're not getting any of the atmosphere that comes from the area, the trash, the dialogues/monologues or the cinematics. You can still get the full story experience while knowing the key mechanics of a fight.

And look at it this way: seasoned heroes wouldn't blindly jump into a battle against foes. Just tell yourself that you sent scouts to track the enemies in the raids, and they've reported what they are capable of. Some enemies have been in the lore for a long time, too. For instance, Xavius' fighting tactics wouldn't be too hard to establish considering he's been in many wars.

Deleted
    don't worry. most people who come prepared have understood nothing of the guide or video they watched...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's just the sad way the game state is in. You either suck it up and learn the fights to some degree, join a casual raiding guild that doesn't give a fuck, start your own, or do LFR. Serious raiding guilds don't care about immersion or 'experience', they just want to down and get past the challenge.
    Topping it off with being called lazy and entitled because you want to play a game rather than repeat steps someone else taught you to do.

Deleted
    i have no fucking clue about the boss names even, bar xavius and cenarius

realistically if you aren't dumb you can figure out a strategy within a few pulls anyway (esp with dungeon journal) so it's mostly dummies who actually look up guides

unfortunately op, yes this community is shit, and only getting worse, it's just a general trend in gaming and on the internet in general anyway and it's not limited to WoW at all, so your best bet is to avoid most players and play with like minded people
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2016-09-20 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    The problem is that so called "serious" raiding guilds take themselves far too serious than they actually have to. Sub rank 200 guilds are theorycrafting and stating demands that are far higher than let's say top 50 guilds in the world have. Yet they stumble when it comes to raiding.

People look at Method/Serenity or whatever they are called nowadays and think what they are doing is the standard and require that from their own raiders.
    Last edited by babyback; 2016-09-20 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    It's this new generation of gamers that want the spoils without the effort, and in their defense they've labeled it "elitism" when it's really just plebs not wanting to put the effort in
    Back in TBC, all the high end raiding guilds I was in (they all cleared the bosses before the nerfs, including sunwell, which was a thing) had a strict "no spoilers" policy, so they could came up with their own strategies (I've seen people being kicked from the guilds for spoiling the raid).

Stating that people who want to be in groups which learn the encounters on the spot are lazy is not having a clue about things. requesting people to spoils themselves is not being grand or pro, it is sheer laziness from people who cannot afford to wipe a few time and think by themselves and are only in for the loots.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-09-20 at 08:48 PM.