Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Professor Expert's Exceptional Enhancement Spec

I wanted to start my own thread about the current possible configurations for enhancement shaman. I maintain that a blend of haste, versatility and mastery are the way to go rather than the "consensus" of stacking all mastery.

My build calls for the following stat loadout:
    Haste: 13%
    Mastery: 50%
    Versatility: 27%
    Crit: 18%

The gear available and current itemization may not allow players to get that exact blend of stats, but I can and I have been able to get very close to it.

Here are hypothetical "sims" based on the default enhancement shaman profile. Any changes I make to the profiles are noted:

1) Baseline profile sim with no changes:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...0da5e03eb65b51
    258K DPS

2) Hypothetical (not possible) 77% Versatility / 0% Mastery
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...af151a5aacb6e8
    317K DPS

Point is to establish that versatility is the better stat IF it is available in equal quantities. Realistically, mastery is better because you get more % per point.

3) The default profile which chooses "Hailstorm" over "Ancestral Swiftness". No statistical difference from the base profile.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...c9c5aa131ae900
    257K DPS

All things being equal, I'll take the haste because it makes for a much smoother gameplay experience.

4) The final sim is basically the default profile with stats overridden to match my suggested targets:
    Mastery: 50%
    Versatility: 27.5%
    Haste: 23% (includes 13% haste from gear +10% from talent)
    Crit: 18%

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...ba5eccff8257ad
    285K DPS

We can see that this is nearly 30K DPS gain over the base "optimal" spec that follows the "mastery is best" mantra, but more importantly, the benefits that versatility provides in terms of boosting healing AND damage by the same %, and reducing damage taken, make this a no-brainer.

I personally find that haste around 20% feels right, anything less feels sluggish and cumbersome, so once I'm there I'm free to pursue versatility, mastery, and to some extent crit. To get these numbers, you'll have to be a bit more deliberate about which gear you choose.

As for talent selection, it's the profile default on that website, except that I always go with rainfall - it's infinitely more useful than the "charge" or the speed-boosting totem. For arena PvP you may want to consider Ascendance over Landslide because with SB procs you'll end just anyone once every 3 mins.

Edit:
    Here is a report that lists varying degrees of stat budgeting for enhancement shaman and the estimated DPS each combination would provide:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...d615c0378e21a9

While it does show an all-mastery build as being the top at 260K DPS, combinations in positions 3 thru 13 show that you can blend quite a bit of versatility into your spec at the expense of mastery or haste and still do a very competitive DPS averaging around 254K while gaining a substantial boost to healing and passive defense.

The question then becomes, is it worth trading 6-8K DPS for 10-20% boost to healing and 5-10% flat damage reduction? For me it's an easy yes.
    Last edited by Professor Expert; 2016-09-20 at 08:26 PM.

Your versatility sim has twice the secondary stat budget as the baseline. Not only is this a useless comparison; it's actively deceitful and manipulative. Your second versatility sim is also equally useless and wrong for the same reasons. It has 6000 more secondaries, at no cost. This isn't how math works.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2016-09-20 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Your versatility sim has twice the secondary stat budget as the baseline. Not only is this a useless comparison; it's actively deceitful and manipulative. Your second versatility sim is also equally useless and wrong for the same reasons. It has 6000 more secondaries, at no cost. This isn't how math works.
    For some reason he really wants to shove vers down our throat and claim it as a "godly" stat compared to mastery and haste, just don't listen to him, we stopped doing that.
    Here is a report that lists varying degrees of stat budgeting for enhancement shaman and the estimated DPS each combination would provide:

While it does show an all-mastery build as being the top at 260K DPS, combinations in positions 3 thru 13 show that you can blend quite a bit of versatility into your spec at the expense of mastery or haste and still do a very competitive DPS averaging around 254K while gaining a substantial boost to healing and passive defense.
    It dosn't even have doom wolves you tool
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2016-09-20 at 08:33 PM.

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

-=]]]] The point ))))>
    Your Head

Also, last link provides builds that are within stat budget of currently available gear. You can be a bitter clinger... or you can consider optional configurations that in several ways are better than an all-DPS setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    For some reason he really wants to shove vers down our throat and claim it as a "godly" stat compared to mastery and haste, just don't listen to him, we stopped doing that.

It dosn't even have doom wolves you tool
    Settle down, trolly.

Looks like you're mad that you've been PROVEN wrong about your claim that "versatility" is terrible when versatility builds are easily 97% as good as all-mastery in terms of DPS, but offer far greater utility.

Deleted
    Show me how to get 30k vers in this current gear, i'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    -=]]]] The point ))))>
    Your Head

Also, last link provides builds that are within stat budget of currently available gear. You can be a bitter clinger... or you can consider optional configurations that in several ways are better than an all-DPS setup.
    There is no point to this thread. Nothing you said has any relevance in any aspect of the game. Nothing you have said has any semblance of critical thinking or even basic common sense. You're knowingly spreading misleading and false information.

Or maybe I should put this in simple terms that even you could understand without hurting yourself too much.

Logical argument
    You

10+ Year Old Account
    link artifact traits used.

6/3 wind strikes is going to crush any vers build you're going to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

It's in his links, but it's missing 1 golden dragon trait and alpha wolf, the golden trait missing is Doom wolves which funny enough is a big dps increase.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...9257ed1f818ebb
    I made the same thing as you Professor "Expert" except i actually put points into the traits we use and switching to Hailstorm which mastery favors. This is what happens when i put the same amount of secondary stat budget into mastery as you did with Vers. Beating your "Not possible" build with a whole 100k, that's 25% of your damage lost if you go into vers instead of mastery. Goodbye

Show me how to get 30k vers in this current gear, i'm waiting.
    You might want to read the text surrounding that example before making more dumb comments.

There is no point to this thread. Nothing you said has any relevance in any aspect of the game. Nothing you have said has any semblance of critical thinking or even basic common sense. You're knowingly spreading misleading and false information.

Or maybe I should put this in simple terms that even you could understand without hurting yourself too much.

Logical argument
    You
    No, not really. At this point you're arguing with math and the math does not favor your position. Like I said, it's a choice between all out DPS and no real utility, or 97% of "all out" DPS and 10-20% utility from added healing and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post

Now we're just getting silly and desperate, because nerds can't stand being shown they were wrong...ALL ALONG.

- - - Updated - - -

It's in his links, but it's missing 1 golden dragon trait and alpha wolf, the golden trait missing is Doom wolves which funny enough is a big dps increase.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...9257ed1f818ebb
    I made the same thing as you Professor "Expert" except i actually put points into the traits we use and switching to Hailstorm which mastery favors. This is what happens when i put the same amount of secondary stat budget into mastery as you did with Vers. Beating your "Not possible" build with a whole 100k, that's 25% of your damage lost if you go into vers instead of mastery. Goodbye
    We're not padding numbers with AoE to make you feel relevant. We're focusing on single-target damage and we're using that website's default profile. Buh-bye

Deleted
    You might want to read the text surrounding that example before making more dumb comments.
    I already did prove you wrong
    We're not padding numbers with AoE to make you feel relevant. We're focusing on single-target damage and we're using that website's default profile. Buh-bye
    That's single target, should i quote your own reply?

I think it's pretty clear that this guy is either a troll we keep falling for or just simple doesn't know how the game works (he keeps comparing % value mastery and versatility instead of rating, which is totally pointless).
    Either way, best to just leave it alone.

I already did prove you wrong

That's single target, should i quote your own reply?
    No you didn't. Damage from wolves is not going to contribute 100K. You boosted mastery to 187%. I simply swapped 77% mastery with 77% versatility. All you've proven is to be clueless and in denial.

Deleted
    No you didn't. Damage from wolves is not going to contribute 100K. You boosted mastery to 187%. I simply swapped 77% mastery with 77% versatility. All you've proven is to be clueless and in denial.
    I simply gave mastery the same budget you gave versatility, surely that's the rules you laid grounds for

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that this guy is either a troll we keep falling for or just simple doesn't know how the game works (he keeps comparing % value mastery and versatility instead of rating, which is totally pointless).
    Either way, best to just leave it alone.
    Yeah, proven wrong, leave it alone. Keep ignoring that last link, nails in the coffin of your flawed argument against versatility.

Oh, that link...yeah. Pretty damning, I can understand why you don't want to mention that and keep trying to mischaracterize my first example.

- - - Updated - - -

I simply gave mastery the same budget you gave versatility, surely that's the rules you laid grounds for
    As stated, it was about matching percentages not about adjusting the budget. I increased versatility to swap places with mastery, you increased it arbitrarily because you're still in denial.

Why does it even surprise you that you are wrong? You're not a thinker, you're a follower. You never experiment, you just blindly do whatever some self-proclaimed "authority" tells you. Now you're mad at me for showing you that I was entirely right?

Because I actually spec my character like this BEFORE I said anything, so I knew from the start that I was right...

Deleted
    Yeah, proven wrong, leave it alone. Keep ignoring that last link, nails in the coffin of your flawed argument against versatility.

Oh, that link...yeah. Pretty damning, I can understand why you don't want to mention that and keep trying to mischaracterize my first example.

- - - Updated - - -

As stated, it was about matching percentages not about adjusting the budget. I increased versatility to swap places with mastery, you increased it arbitrarily because you're still in denial.

Why does it even surprise you that you are wrong? You're not a thinker, you're a follower. You never experiment, you just blindly do whatever some self-proclaimed "authority" tells you. Now you're mad at me for showing you that I was entirely right?

Because I actually spec my character like this BEFORE I said anything, so I knew from the start that I was right...
    No hailstorm, no Doom wolves, yawn. This troll is so persistent that i actually think he's just that braindead

No hailstorm, no Doom wolves, yawn. This troll is so persistent that i actually think he's just that braindead
    Troll is the idiot who keeps disagreeing when proven wrong, i.e. you. Time to grow a pair and admit I was right, or keep being a little child.

Doom wolves are inconsequential damage, and hailstorm is not better than +10% haste in most instances. The scaling and distribution of damage would not shift significantly even if you enable doom wolves and re-run the sim. They are disabled by the default profile...which I left alone.

Deleted
    Better to just report and move. It's pretty clearly a troll at this point.

Deleted
    Troll is the idiot who keeps disagreeing when proven wrong, i.e. you. Time to grow a pair and admit I was right, or keep being a little child.

Doom wolves are inconsequential damage, and hailstorm is not better than +10% haste in most instances. The scaling and distribution of damage would not shift significantly even if you enable doom wolves and re-run the sim. They are disabled by the default profile...which I left alone.
    Haha yeah okay troll, whatever makes you float

This thread amuses me, do go on, explain some more