Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Looks like we'll be playing an extra 30 minutes.
    Arsenal must be delighted.
    ManU fans too

That was a pretty goal by Chelsea there

Fabregas <3

Fucking love this guy.
    Needs to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    One provides the pressure, the 2nd wins the ball
    Thats a form of pressing, there are many many forms, you don't need to use two players.

This is pressing.

You don't need to chuck two players in to it each time.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thats a form of pressing, there are many many forms, you don't need to use two players.

This is pressing.

You don't need to chuck two players in to it each time.
    Pressing done wrong.
    Ends up with a goal.

well you usually want more than one person pressing, otherwise you'll get this

10+ Year Old Account
    well you usually want more than one person pressing, otherwise you'll get this
    No, you don't, its a team effort, it has nothing to do with two people doing X or why.

No, you don't, its a team effort, it has nothing to do with two people doing X or why.
    exactly, it has to be done by a team. Just one person as you are suggesting doesn't work unless they play against a terrible player like that goalkeeper in your gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Pressing done wrong.
    Ends up with a goal.
    A_ Because the keeper let it in on his near post.
    B) Its Barcelona.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly, it has to be done by a team. Just one person as you are suggesting doesn't work unless they play against a terrible player like that goalkeeper in your gif
    I didn't suggest one person in the slightest, what I said is you don't need two players to press one person. The implication was that you had two people doing X leaving person Y on their own, thats not how pressing works.

Roberto said press Xhaka, Durrty turned that in to double marking, they're two seperate tactics.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-09-20 at 09:08 PM.

I didn't suggest one person in the slightest, what I said is you don't need two players to press one person. The implication was that you had two people doing X leaving person Y on their own, thats not how pressing works.
    are you telling me how pressing works? You are barking at the wrong tree

http://www.martiperarnau.com/tactica...nterattacking/
    http://www.and-againsoccer.com/forum...ssing-football
    http://spielverlagerung.com/2014/10/...gegenpressing/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not to go all schoolground on you but you did try to tell me first >< As I said Durrty implied that pressing meant double marking Xhaka, I merely said that pressing doesn't need two people on person.

Well, not to go all schoolground on you but you did try to tell me first ><
    my fault for not following the whole discussion, I just saw your post on having two players. I was explaining how you would have 2 or more players press. This particular part I call hunting, you have the team hunt in packs like wolves (youth players get a better picture if you explain it in this manner). You also pick and choose when you press (unless your team is geared toward pressing the entire game like Klopp's teams are)

BTW, if you are even remotely interested in the theoretical and tactical part of the game, give those articles a read
    Last edited by Valeron; 2016-09-20 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my fault for not following the whole discussion, I just saw your post on having two players. I was explaining how you would have 2 or more players press. This particular part I call hunting, you have the team hunt in packs like wolves (youth players get a better picture if you explain it in this manner). You also pick and choose when you press (unless your team is geared toward pressing the entire game like Klopp's teams are)
    Aye, agreed

Fosu-mensa future destroyer for united is starting today. And people said mou wouldn't play the kids. Good to see Herrera in the line up. And at this point I wouldn't be surprised if rooney has something in his contract he has to play if fit...

Convinced Rooney is just trolling now.

What a miss...

Mid field looking a lot better with Herrera/Carrick against the mighty Northampton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job Carrick can score, because Rooney can't shoot for shit.

Can Rooney just get sold to china already please. It also doesn't count trying to beat bobby C's goal scoring record if the team has to drag your lifeless body over the line to score

- - - Updated - - -

great foul there blind, fuck sake.

- - - Updated - - -

This squad didnt just need an overhaul it needs full on life saving surgery. Never rated blind, never will. Who cares if he can pass hes a slow midget at the back and thats 2 goals from 2 of his mistakes.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-09-21 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    United must think this is a charity match, because they're giving Northampton too many chances.

Zlatan/Rashford come on boys

- - - Updated - - -

rooney plays a shit ball to young and gets taken out by defender. Fuck you rooney.

- - - Updated - - -

In rugby they call that a hospital pass. And its pure dog shit.