Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reminder, let's not turn this thread into a PC vs. Console debate. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blu Ray has done horribly. Lets not use Blu Ray to defend physical media sales.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-09-20 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Physical media is dying that is a fact.

Will it be gone in 5-10 years....Nope good chance it won't. Hell CD's still get made and are sold. But less people are buying physical media and personally I don't want a world without it.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize "These small brain game makers" make the bulk of there sells on console right?

Consoles and PC's have pros and cons. You can NOT build a $400 PC that beats the ps4 pro or a $300 PC that beats a Ps4/XB1. Saying one side is 100% better then the other is foolish and just shows how much of a fanboy you are.
    I should have worded it better, but physical media as a whole(as in all physical media not just BR) isn't actually dying, while yes BR had a rough start, it's doing fine right now and honestly I see physical media always being around one way or another as you have people who collect, people like me who prefer the quality a BR/4K BR offers compared to streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I should have worded it better, but physical media as a whole(as in all physical media not just BR) isn't actually dying, while yes BR had a rough start, it's doing fine right now and honestly I see physical media always being around one way or another as you have people who collect, people like me who prefer the quality a BR/4K BR offers compared to streaming.
    I knew what you ment and my comment still stands. Physical Media is infact dying but it will be a long ass time (if ever) that it go's away. Like you said there is people who like yo collect (Like Me).

I rather get a XboxOne to play Gears of War 4 because I get to own it and hold it in my hand, over buying it for my pc. Sells of Physical Media has gone down but like I said it will be a long time if ever that it dies.

Like you just said tho, you prefer the quality of BR/4k BR hardcopy's over streaming. So if you got a 4k TV good chance you got a 4K UHDB player as well and having the feature in a ps4 would be pointless for you. The Slim doesn't have it because if it did that would make the Pro look bad. The Pro doesn't have it because of cost and many other reasons.

Cost isn't the only reason there isn't one but its a reason.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Theres only one format of entertainment where VR interests me and it ain't games.
    What would that be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    What would that be?
    The xXx kind.

If this isn't the most pointless console upgrade ever. I would understand if it was just for VR but they want to keep up with PC? The system isn't even out yet and it's already behind pc
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not behind my PC or a lot of PCs, especially at the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its not behind my PC or a lot of PCs, especially at the price point.
    That's what kills me when people say its behind PC's. What PC and what price point are they talking about.

If they are saying its behind a PC that cost $1k+ then ya no shit. But there is no $300 PC that beats a Ps4/Ps4 Slim and no $400 PC that beats a Ps4 Pro.

If someone can find me a $400 PC that can run games at 1080p/30fps 1080p/60fps and 4k/30fps while having the same graphic detail as a pro ill eat my fucken hat.

I want to see a $400 PC run a game like Tomb Raider Rises at the same graphic level as a pro for $400 and 4k. Hell ill settle for a game running equal to The Last of Us Remastered that will be running native 4k
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets face it Sony didn't set out to compete with even mid-high end pcs, the whole 'beat PCs' is a resoundingly odd argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked champ this is a thread about the Ps4 Pro not the slim. Also ya the slim doesn't have it because it would make the pro look bad.

Its cute when you think you know what your talking about. If you don't think the UHDB would make the system cost more I got a sea side house in kentucky to sell ya champ.

Also if you already got a 4k TV with a Ultra Blu-Ray player then there is no need for the ps4 pro to have it, once again keep cost down. Believe it or not but things do cost.

Like I said its cute when you think you know what your talking about. Hows that Dead Rising only exclusive to Xbox systems working out for ya as well
    It makes the system cost more yes...but MS did it for $15...it really wouldn't of broken the bank for Sony. His points about Sony nickel and diming and excluding a major part of the niche market it's trying to hit are spot on though.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It makes the system cost more yes...but MS did it for $15...it really wouldn't of broken the bank for Sony. His points about Sony nickel and diming and excluding a major part of the niche market it's trying to hit are spot on though.
    It cost MS $15 and the system they did it on cost them way less then it did 3 years ago. The Ps4 pro is using new GPU/CPU tech and that isn't cheap.

Like I said before anyone buying this for a 4K TV good chance already has a UHDB Player.

Adding it in would have made the system cost more, I am happy it doesn't.

Remilia made a good post about it on page 10 I recommend reading it.

To add to what Remilia said about Bill of Materials earlier: There is also what they call Value-Added activities/features ... if the perceived Value to consumers of adding the 4k BD is negligible, then it's basically wasted cost added to the unit.

People also tend to rate overall price as most important. This is why stuff like cereal boxes keep getting smaller rather than raise the price when at all possible. IE: The cheese spread I like best used to be in a 16oz container. They've chosen to keep the same price for years now and instead lowered the size of the container. First to 14oz, then 12.6oz, now 11.3oz.

I think it's weird that Sony and Microsoft are now aiming for 4K with the new consoles. The previous ones had already problems with keeping a steady 60 fps at 1080p.

60 fps is the first thing you should worry about since it affects the gameplay. But apparently a higher resolution is more important than the playability of a game... I hope for the people that will buy these consoles that all developers will include multiple options so that you can turn down the visuals in favour of the framerate.

I mean higher resolutions is good and all but the first thing they should worry about is the framerate.

Quote Originally Posted by ninawilliam89 View Post
    I think it's weird that Sony and Microsoft are now aiming for 4K with the new consoles. The previous ones had already problems with keeping a steady 60 fps at 1080p.

60 fps is the first thing you should worry about since it affects the gameplay. But apparently a higher resolution is more important than the playability of a game... I hope for the people that will buy these consoles that all developers will include multiple options so that you can turn down the visuals in favour of the framerate.

I mean higher resolutions is good and all but the first thing they should worry about is the framerate.
    First off let me say options are good if dev teams have the room and time to make them possible.

Second off no frame rate is not the most important thing to me depending on the genre. For multiplayer competitive games(shooters, fighters) absolutely. For every other game I would prefer they look prettier and run at 30, don't really give a rats ass about the minor difference in input delay in RPGs and I would rather look at a prettier world. This is of course assuming a game can hold a locked 30 because a non locked framerate looks like absolute trash no matter how high it is(unless you're using G Sync style tech which consoles aren't yet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninawilliam89 View Post

60 fps is the first thing you should worry about since it affects the gameplay.
    Fully agree. But for all what we know at this day - and that's especially about games optimized for Scorpio 'not much ' - gunning for framerate is what MS and Sony, and even more so the game developers do and all the 4k talk might just be talk. For me, it makes or breaks the deal. Smooth FHD gaming, ideally with freesync, and I am an early adopter, stuttering 4k instead and I stick to PC.

Deleted
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-games-machine

Great read for people, fascinated that the team sat down with AMD and looked at AMDs road map, this might be a very easy way to second guess the specs of the upcoming consoles in the future since AMD posts up their roadmap, more impressed they some how leveraged what seems to be Vegas features into this chip.

And here are people just thinking the gpu is just overlocked of the old PS4...

10+ Year Old Account
    All they had to include as a 4k player though...I mean seriously thats hurting them.

Deleted
    I am not too fussed about that really, since buying 4 K blurays are not cheap or its value to me is not great, however the power upgrade was very much needed more then 4K bluray support.