Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Why do you assume everyone on the bus is trying to steal from you? Since a lot of bus users are low income or even minorities, that seems incredibly classist/racist imo.
    I never said I was perfect. We all have our flaws.

If you had to choose between being in first class or being in economy, you'd choose first class wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think it was around 19 hours long. With five 5-15 minutes long stops along the way, three of which I slept through. Was horrible. Trains are so much-much better!
    on long trips trains win every time .. you ca move around and it is easy to sleep will even take trains over flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Who says I'm not compassionate? I volunteer helping the less fortunate as well as advocate for better treatment of those in need.

Doesn't mean I can't try to avoid sitting next to sketchy individuals. I don't need the hassle of clinging to my wallet/laptop/cell phone/keys for 5 hrs.
    Well then you probably shouldn't take a bus trip then since only sketchy individuals actually do that in this day and age, it's the modern form of hitchhiking. Furthermore it just reeks of 'be helpful and compassionate as long as the dirty filthy plebs are somewhere far away from me' which is again incredibly ironic. But as Tradewind said can't have someone of your glittering ivory tower stature intermingling with the lessers. You better drive yourself to be safe.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a day tour in Mexico. Something like 12 hours, but we had stops obviously.

As far as driving, I've gone nonstop from Calgary, Alberta, Canada to Redding, California, USA twice. It's a 20 hour drive, one way.

The bus was fine. The car drive was, well... It's manageable but uncomfortable if you can sleep in the car like me. If you can't then it's miserable.

If you had to choose between being in first class or being in economy, you'd choose first class wouldn't you?
    Not out of some fear over the lower-class or minorities stealing my shit though. I would never do that, shame on you.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not out of some fear over the lower-class or minorities stealing my shit though. I would never do that, shame on you.
    I love minorities. What I don't love is criminals. It seems logical that I would take the necessary steps to avoid being the victim of a crime.

Deleted
    Its a shitty thing of him to do, assuming all poor people are thieves.

because of leg room, not people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love minorities. What I don't love is criminals. It seems logical that I would take the necessary steps to avoid being the victim of a crime.
    So now you're saying minorities are all criminals?

But why do you assume people taking a bus are more prone to being criminals? You think everyone who can't afford their own vehicle or a plane ticket are just lower class criminals?

What an elitist viewpoint.

Tennisace=Limousine Liberal.

Why don't you just charter a private flight or have a chauffeur pick you up from your palatial estate?

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I'm not assuming that. I have walked through the bus terminal in Toronto multiple times and there are really sketchy characters everywhere. Many seem like they're high on drugs or worse.

I'm not assuming that. I have walked through the bus terminal in Toronto multiple times and there are really sketchy characters everywhere. Many seem like they're high on drugs or worse.
    Oh so everyone who you perceive to have a drug problem, funny how they're all taking the bus too, is now some irredeemable criminal as well in your eyes?

Why do you hate the poor so much?

Deleted
    You are a hypocritical bigot, are you assuming they were on drugs because they were poor or because they were minorities?

Oh so everyone who you perceive to have a drug problem, funny how they're all taking the bus too, is now some irredeemable criminal as well in your eyes?

Why do you hate the poor so much?
    "He hate us cuz he ain't us!"

Never did that meme apply so conclusively.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's the longest bus journey you've taken?

I'm looking at a 5+ hr journey and wondering what it would be like..
    Milwaukee to galax Virginia, 18 hours

5 hours wouldn't be bad.

Take headphones and a pillow, don't get a seat anywhere near the bathroom in the back.

look around for people carrying infant children, get as far away from those people as well.

Get a window seat.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-09-20 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why do you assume people taking a bus are more prone to being criminals? You think everyone who can't afford their own vehicle or a plane ticket are just lower class criminals?

What an elitist viewpoint.
    I assume that if I was to take a flight I would have to be less concerned than on a train regarding having my belongings stolen.
    I assume that if I was to take a train I would have to be less concerned than on a bus regarding having my belongings stolen.

That's how rational decision-making takes place.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are a hypocritical bigot, are you assuming they were on drugs because they were poor or because they were minorities?
    C'mon I don't like Tennisace too. But he never said that. He saw sketchy things happening and now he is afraid of those sketchy things happening to him.

I assume that if I was to take a flight I would have to be less concerned than on a train regarding having my belongings stolen.
    I assume that if I was to take a train I would have to be less concerned than on a bus regarding having my belongings stolen.

That's how rational decision-making takes place.
    It's just your preconceptions that bus users are low class and more likely to be criminals. Nobody else has mentioned it, just you.

Why is that? Do you think that because they're low income, or unable to drive, that they're somehow more likely to steal your stuff?

What ever happened to innocent before proven guilty?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it's a naive thing to do if you're not even adapting to your surroundings. Those who make it in life are those who can improvise and adapt. I'd be a fool to act all nonchalant on a bus when you consider all the horror stories we hear about greyhound and megabus.