Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    buses are horrible in the US, i rather just drive, but when i was in korea i used to go to seoul korea from the base i was in, took about 3-4 hours and it was a pretty nice ride with a rest stop where you can buy some snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Actually it's a naive thing to do if you're not even adapting to your surroundings. Those who make it in life are those who can improvise and adapt. I'd be a fool to act all nonchalant on a bus when you consider all the horror stories we hear about greyhound and megabus.
    Do you start clutching your belongings when you walk past a homeless person on the street? What about a group of tough looking minority youths?

I guess you're not as progressive as you've led people to believe. So afraid of these poor people stealing your stuff.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Actually it's a naive thing to do if you're not even adapting to your surroundings. Those who make it in life are those who can improvise and adapt. I'd be a fool to act all nonchalant on a bus when you consider all the horror stories we hear about greyhound and megabus.
    You are being very naive by asking what its like to ride on a bus for 5 hours. its like a 1 hour buss ride but 5 times longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    You are being very naive by asking what its like to ride on a bus for 5 hours. its like a 1 hour buss ride but 5 times longer.
    5 times more likely that some transient is gonna steal his iphone.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    5 times more likely that some transient is gonna steal his iphone.
    Most of those street urchins he will be traveling with won't be able to afford an Iphone, thats phone privilege!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    buses are horrible in the US, i rather just drive, but when i was in korea i used to go to seoul korea from the base i was in, took about 3-4 hours and it was a pretty nice ride with a rest stop where you can buy some snacks.
    How much fun is it just driving for 5 hours by yourself though? I mean it's one thing if you're with your wife or kids but by yourself...

How much fun is it just driving for 5 hours by yourself though? I mean it's one thing if you're with your wife or kids but by yourself...
    5 isnt much at all, have music, snacks and enjoy the drive, i am about to do a 14 hour drive to go see my family for thanksgiving this november, now thats a rough drive, but i still prefer that over flying, also if you are going somewhere that takes 5 hours to get to on a bus, in your personal vehicle its more like 2-3 hours because buses stops at other places. also driving 5 hours by yourself is must better then driving 5 hours with kids in the back, or a wife/girlfriend that has to use the bathroom every hour

Deleted
    but by yourself...
    Would you come sit next to me on the bus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Or me?

10+ Year Old Account
    It also sucks having to stand in line and then hope you get the seat you want. Not to mention the window/aisle conundrum. You want the window seat so you can enjoy the view but you like the freedom that the aisle seat gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Never sit next to a guy wearing sandals, even if it's Jesus.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Do I look like a peasant? I've never been on a bus and, now that I've got my license, I never will.

Deleted
    take a couple of sleeping pills, smoke a joint before you get on the bus. And just sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    take a couple of sleeping pills, smoke a joint before you get on the bus. And just sleep.
    I'm sure he doesn't do such low brow drugs, Tennisace would only do upper crust drugs like cocaine since it creates a nice contrast with his American Express Black Card.

Besides man if you fall asleep on a bus you're likely to wake up with a creepy clown sitting next to you and his hand in your pocket. Tennisace only approves of something like that if it's in those underground clubs he visits on the weekends, invitation only.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If he falls asleep, all these low class people are just going to rummaging through his bags, surely.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    NYC to Toronto

I think it was over a 9 hour ride as we had to go from NYC to Maryland and back up to PA and into NY again.

About one and a half days, from Germany to Elba (island in the med). School trip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Besides man if you fall asleep on a bus you're likely to wake up with a creepy clown sitting next to you and his hand in your pocket. Tennisace only approves of something like that if it's in those underground clubs he visits on the weekends, invitation only.
    Mouse trap in the pocket would work wonders for this.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If he falls asleep, all these low class people are just going to rummaging through his bags, surely.
    Keep the valuables in the luggage area under the bus, only keep things you can afford to loose (food, drinks etc) in a small hold all for on the bus.