Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rioters set fire to "refugee" camp on Greek Island of Lesbos

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...camp-in-greece

Thousands of refugees detained at one of Greece’s biggest camps, on the island of Lesbos, have fled the facility amid scenes of mayhem after some reportedly set fire to it on Monday.

“Between 3,000 and 4,000 migrants have fled the camp of Moria,” a police source said, attributing the exodus to fires that rapidly swept through the facility because of high winds.

The riots are believed to have been fuelled by frustration over the notoriously slow pace with which asylum requests were being processed. A rumour, earlier in the day, that Greek authorities were preparing to send possibly hundreds back to Turkey – in an attempt to placate mounting frustration in Germany over the long delays – was enough to spark the protests.

About 300 migrants who attempted to march on the island’s capital, were rounded up by police, according to local news sites.

The increase in arrivals in recent months from Turkey – the launch pad for more than a million Europe-bound refugees last year – has added to the pressure on Greek authorities.

Brawls between rival ethnic groups at the camp has exacerbated tensions, with fights regularly erupting between Afghan and Syrian detainees.

“None of them wants to go back to Turkey. And nor do they want to stay here. The whole point of making the journey is Europe and getting to some rich country there,” another police officer said.
    So these "refugees" are annoyed by the fact they have to be processed legally before being allowed to continue on their way to that European free-ride paradise.

Apparently the free handouts were neither rich enough nor coming fast enough and so they decided to riot and burn down the very facilities that were housing them.

The result now is that thousands of "refugees", now illegal immigrants, have fled the camps now roaming freely in Lesbos where they will undoubtedly continue their destruction.

And the ones who didn't flee are left without a place to sleep because the "refugees" burned down their own homes (sound familiar?).

And as a further reminder to people that these "refugees" are not the innocent peoples that media makes them out to be but rather simply peoples who willfully engaged in a war and lost - is the fact that they bring their inter-tribal conflicts with them.

Take a good look Americans because this is coming to a city near you, and for some you Europeans its already there.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I don't blame them for wanting to leave Moria.

Drums....drums....in the deep...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    on the island of Lesbos
    Where would one find such an island? I need to know for... research purposes.

I got yer salt right here, ladies.

Hahaha Tradewind, I thought the same thing.

As to these leeches, it's nothing that I and others haven't been saying since this mess started. Economic tourists, looking for the big payoffs and not interested one bit in just surviving comfortably until they can be returned to their country of origin. I have to laugh at all those defenders of these 'refugees' who've given them the poor and helpless treatment while they do shit like this.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

"Speak Friend and Enter", seems like a good slogan for the camp. Certainly better than most historical camp mottos!

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Where would one find such an island? I need to know for... research purposes.
    HA~!

Now that's an island nobody will want to leave.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    *Something Something Mrs Garrison joke here.*
    I was looking for a way to crack a joke tying in the BLM rioters that burn down their own communities with the "refugee" rioters that are burning down theirs.

Could not come up with a good launchpad.

:\
    MAGA

Ah, once again, the cute assumption that migrants, those simple minded people with no real humans needs (read, white needs) are happy as kings living in dilapidated urban housings in France ridden with crime and the like.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-20 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, once again, the cute assumption that migrants, those simple minded people with no real humans needs (read, white needs) are happy as kings living in dilapidated urban housings in France ridden with crime and the like.
    Living in France on public money...versus...living in Syria and maybe getting blown up.

You suggesting they've not already had their lives improved substantially?

Could you maybe use bigger scare quotes around the word 'refugees'? I can't quite tell whether or not you think these families fleeing for their very lives are actual human beings or not.

Or replace the word with 'SCARY BROWN PEOPLE'. That should get your message across.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they want to riot, they should take that energy back to their country of origin and put that action to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Living in France on public money...versus...living in Syria and maybe getting blown up.

You suggesting they've not already had their lives improved substantially?
    I would not bet on Roublaix HLM towers being a massive improvement over Aleppo.

Sarcasm aside, living with public money in HLMs is just ''living''. ''Welfare kings'' is a snarl word : people on welfare (NB : I was not on welfare for any second of my adult life) are living and not much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    This. Is. Lesbos!

But yeah, can't help but laugh at how they're making their own situation worse. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If they want to riot, they should take that energy back to their country of origin and put that action to good use.
    By joining one of the factions of good fellows that proved repeatedly that they recruit talent for job openings in ''beheading'' and ''burning hostages alive'' ?

Deleted
    They are free to move back if they don't like their "dilapidated urban housings in France ridden with crime and the like".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Could you maybe use bigger scare quotes around the word 'refugees'? I can't quite tell whether or not you think these families fleeing for their very lives are actual human beings or not.

Or replace the word with 'SCARY BROWN PEOPLE'. That should get your message across.
    You know that most of these refuges are not families right? probably around 80% of them are young adult males.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we should understand their feelings and accept their actions. Burning villages , running trucks into people etc.

I would not bet on Roublaix HLM towers being a massive improvement over Aleppo.

Sarcasm aside, living with public money in HLMs is just ''living''. ''Welfare kings'' is a snarl word : people on welfare (NB : I was not on welfare for any second of my adult life) are living and not much more.
    Let's take a peek shall we?

versus

I know where I'd rather be.

Deleted
    Same. Who would want to live anywhere near the French?

Let's take a peek shall we?

versus

You presumably does not read French, since the very first sentence of the article you picked...

'Les logements sociaux seraient-ils strictement réservés aux plus démunis ? L’idée n’est pas certaine, à l’instar de Patrick Trémège, le vice-président du groupe UMP au Conseil de Paris, pourfendeur des logements sociaux dans la capitale :*il vit lui-même dans un HLM depuis 20 ans. Le principe n’est pourtant pas illégal et c’est là tout le paradoxe. Quelles sont les règles en matière de logement social?''

means that an alderman of Paris have access to a rent-controlled social housing. Thus, that picture-that is not typical of suburb urban housing-is meant to represent what would be in American Internet languauge ''a fat cat living on the public dole''