LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    1 target – 100% damage to the main target
    2 targets – 100 damage to the main target then 50% to the second target
    3 targets – damage split 100/33/33
    4 targets – 100/25/25/25
    10 targets – 100/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

nerfed into the ground.

approx 75% dmg split between all the adds. amounts to like a 2-600% nerf depending on size of the pack obvsly. now ww is average, brewmaster is shite, and mw is average.

life as a monk post mop
    Welp... I guess I'll reroll to Enhancement shaman. There's NO reason to bring a WW to raids now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 target – 100% damage to the main target
    2 targets – 100 damage to the main target then 50% to the second target
    3 targets – damage split 100/33/33
    4 targets – 100/25/25/25
    10 targets – 100/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

nerfed into the ground.

approx 75% dmg split between all the adds. amounts to like a 2-600% nerf depending on size of the pack obvsly. now ww is average, brewmaster is shite, and mw is average.

life as a monk post mop
    Could you please provide a source or evidence of your own testing to back these numbers up?

Also, based on this model, the damage would be: (1 + (n - 1)(1/n))100 where n is the number of targets -- it's wouldn't exactly be a 75% split beyond the first.
    Targets:total_dmg
    1:100.00%
    2:150.00%
    3:166.00%
    4:175.00%
    5:180.00%
    6:183.33%
    7:185.71%
    8:187.50%
    9:188.89%
    10:190.00%

Basically, the diminishing returns really hurt, but it's not as bad as a straight up 100% damage split evenly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    holy F*** THANKS BLIZZARD. That's such a ridiculously huge nerf considering where our single target is. Just making it that much harder to get a raid spot as ww.
    Maybeeeee I'm missing something, but WW single target seems pretty strong, to me. Also, SKC and FoF are still very, very powerful... it's not like WW sucks with AoE now. Couldn't we just wait for actual results before declaring the sky is falling?
    Last edited by Tellof; 2016-09-20 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    If it is live in EU those numbers can't be true, from just running a dungeon it felt like it was doing 100% on main target and 50% on all other targets no matter how many, might just be that its not nerfed there yet though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    Welp... I guess I'll reroll to Enhancement shaman. There's NO reason to bring a WW to raids now.
    What about SCK and FoF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    If it is live in EU those numbers can't be true, from just running a dungeon it felt like it was doing 100% on main target and 50% on all other targets no matter how many, might just be that its not nerfed there yet though.
    There wasn't an intermediary adjustment, if you're seeing a change you're seeing the final change. I certainly hope it's 50% per additional target -- SotW would still be very strong in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    What about SCK and FoF?
    WW were potentially strong in a raid setting because of that cleave burst. Without that we are simply just another melee without any utility or niché role.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    WW were potentially strong in a raid setting because of that cleave burst. Without that we are simply just another melee without any utility or niché role.
    The cleave burst is still very strong. If you pop SEF along with FoF and SCK and WDP you're still doing a lot of cleave/AoE DPS. Even SotW with SEF is going to do a lot of damage, just not "do 50% of the entire add pack's health in one skill" kind of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by martini View Post
    I just pulled a few mobs and used it, it still does 100% on all targets. Critted an off-target for over a million (3 targets). So the nerf will probably be added tonight in a few hours, and is not live yet on EU.

so after heroic nythandra and ursoc looking like we're average st and our awesome cleave has dropped like a boss. welcome to last xpac, but worse.

everyone was like ya but blizz always overnerfs... surenuff

So are all of you flavor-of-the-month monks gonna heck off now or...

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Enjoy seeing mages, hunters, and rogues on top now.

No amount of QQ will get them toned down.
    you unbound your SCK and fists or something?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    you unbound your SCK and fists or something?
    lol right? I dunno what the big deal is... it's a 40 sec CD... it would have to do an absurd (even more than it already does) amount of damage to impact average DPS as badly as people are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Could you please provide a source or evidence of your own testing to back these numbers up?

Also, based on this model, the damage would be: (1 + (n - 1)(1/n))100 where n is the number of targets -- it's wouldn't exactly be a 75% split beyond the first.
    Targets:total_dmg
    1:100.00%
    2:150.00%
    3:166.00%
    4:175.00%
    5:180.00%
    6:183.33%
    7:185.71%
    8:187.50%
    9:188.89%
    10:190.00%

Basically, the diminishing returns really hurt, but it's not as bad as a straight up 100% damage split evenly.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybeeeee I'm missing something, but WW single target seems pretty strong, to me. Also, SKC and FoF are still very, very powerful... it's not like WW sucks with AoE now. Couldn't we just wait for actual results before declaring the sky is falling?
    source
    http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/0...windlord-nerf/

any more than 5 targets and its actually a dps loss

75% was a rough-ish idea. its always less than 100% between the offtarget/cleave targets

our st is okay, not the best by a decent margin but "okay' problem is .. our ae doesnt shine now either. like i said - same shit, nother day.

so after heroic nythandra and ursoc looking like we're average st and our awesome cleave has dropped like a boss. welcome to last xpac, but worse.

everyone was like ya but blizz always overnerfs... surenuff
    You say that, but Heroic Nythendra has a monk as 8th worldwide DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorting through logs now, and I'm seeing a pretty good number of windwalkers near the top, even on single target fights. Even though the nerf basically turned SotW into more of a cleave than a true aoe, I'd have to say the class is still quite solid.

It's funny you people think WW is dead. Apparently you have never actually used SCK optimally. It does insane damage.

source

75% was a rough-ish idea. its always less than 100% between the offtarget/cleave targets

our st is okay, not the best by a decent margin but "okay' problem is .. our ae doesnt shine now either. like i said - same shit, nother day.
    It's like you people can't read. That wasn't the actual nerf. That was an example of a way they could nerf it based on how Fists of Fury used to work.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This is how it happened in WoD. First they nerfed our aoe damage because of SEF, then they nerfed our single target damage when people complained about that. Then again, and again, to the point that you either rerolled or got benched if you raided.

I dont think monks will ever be viable for most of an expansion because people hate monks and mop. So they bitch until the class is dust whenever it is beating their class on dps.
    No, in WoD they nerfed WW's singletarget damage to nerf cleave(and to some minor extent ST). They didn't nerf AoE.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    It's like you people can't read. That wasn't the actual nerf. That was an example of a way they could nerf it based on how Fists of Fury used to work.
    No, that was how they nerfed it. I wrote that article knowing full well what they were going to do, just didnt want to tell the world in case they changed their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

source

1) Its "above 5 targets", not "at 5 targets".
    2) Its not a DPS loss, you'll just benefit more form SCK if you have 6 targets and 6 stacks of the SCK buff.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna reroll rogue. Thanks blizz for destroying my class again.

Deleted
    If SotW nerf stays the only one I'll be ok.
    Like Tellof said, I don't think that the 40s CD has such a great impact on our ST dps.
    Nevertheless, it can be usefull to have other classes ready for raiding, if nerfs will continue