What will happen to Velen? (Spoilers)

In the wacraft comic we see Velen in the future fighting besides Anduin Wrynn who is already an old man.

But ddin't Velen declare that the draenei leave Azeroth after Rakeesh's death? Did Velen change his mind later on to stay on Azeroth?
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-09-20 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Difficult to say. I would think Anduin would have some choice words for the current vengeful Velen, something that perhaps talks him down or at least gets him on board with the Army of the Light once more. Based on the current events and the future events of the comics I imagine something will intervene with Velen's current decision in some way.

This thread also includes some spoilers of the scenario in Legion, so I've added a spoiler warning to the title of it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Difficult to say. I would think Anduin would have some choice words for the current vengeful Velen, something that perhaps talks him down or at least gets him on board with the Army of the Light once more. Based on the current events and the future events of the comics I imagine something will intervene with Velen's current decision in some way.

This thread also includes some spoilers of the scenario in Legion, so I've added a spoiler warning to the title of it.
    Velen is currently in a bad place for killing his son, which is understandable.

(Although, as Rakeesh is now a demon, surely he has simply reincarnated within the nether and will be back?)

Your point about Anduin raises a possibility.

Anduin has just lost his father. Velen has just lost his son. They always had a strong bond of mentor and student. Maybe something more will come of that? A surrogate father and son relationship, not to replace or devalue what each has lost but to give them something they both desperately need?

In other words, I agree. Anduin will probably talk Velen down at some point.

Who said that comics picture happens on Azeroth?

MINDBLOWN

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    In the wacraft comic we see Velen in the future fighting besides Anduin Wrynn who is already an old man.

But ddin't Velen declare that the draenei leave Azeroth after Rakeesh's death? Did Velen change his mind later on to stay on Azeroth?
    Just because he made his mind up and decided to assault the Burning Legion instead of running away like he and his people did all the time in the past, it doesn't mean he can do so in an instant. They need to make the necessary preparations first.

If you consider Velen's age and the age draenei can reach in general, then it is actually a really short timespan from their perspective. Having four to six decades of preparation to directly assault and face an enemy you've been running from for millenia is nothing for them.

Anduin might've become an old time by then, but the timespan in question is a pretty short one for Velen and his draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

MINDBLOWN
    I mean, I felt like the comic all but outright stated that it wasn't set on Azeroth. They're in the Exodar or a very similar structure, Anduin's sitting on a throne in it then stands up to declare that the final battle is about to begin. From what we know of the lore, the "final battle" against either the Legion or the Void is unlikely to take place on Azeroth. It's also interesting that Anduin is on a throne rather than his regular one in Stormwind, which to me either suggests that they're not on Azeroth or that Stormwind is destroyed.

I don't think there's anything to suggest that Velen will stay, in-lore. The Draenei as a race will obviously stick around and continue to be playable, but it's unlikely that every single member of their entire race would up and leave anyway.

All we know is that at some point in the distant future, Anduin and Velen are together on what seems to be a Draenei ship. That doesn't suggest at all, to me at least, that Velen is staying on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    All we know is that at some point in the distant future, Anduin and Velen are together on what seems to be a Draenei ship. That doesn't suggest at all, to me at least, that Velen is staying on Azeroth.
    It could very well be Tempest Keep where we see Anduin sitting. It is a spaceship just like the Exodar.

This would be the perfect pick all around because Exodar would remain a capital, while both the Alliance and the Horde could take TK over and use it as a crossfaction hub for their efforts against the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post

MINDBLOWN
    Basically this.

We have no idea where it was taking place. It definitely wasn't SW and it looks a lot like the exodus ship. But we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Basically this.

We have no idea where it was taking place. It definitely wasn't SW and it looks a lot like the exodus ship. But we don't know.
    I'm pretty sure its the Exodar, they are in the Trader Tier

Velen said that he's going home. Home is currently also the home of the Legion. Velen wants to attack them at their source just like we do. If he ends up running off before we're ready, we're still going there and can meet back up with him. By the time the future in the comic takes place, all of that is going to be resolved. In the comic, I don't think they were talking about the Legion, but the Void. That's an extradimensional threat, and the Exodar being an dimension-traveling ship makes it useful for fighting something like that.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-09-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Velen said that he's going home. Home is currently also the home of the Legion. Velen wants to attack them at their source just like we do. If he ends up running off before we're ready, we're still going there and can meet back up with him. By the time the future in the comic takes place, all of that is going to be resolved. In the comic, I don't think they were talking about the Legion, but the Void. That's an extradimensional threat, and the Exodar being an dimension-traveling ship makes it useful for fighting something like that.
    Well, keep in mind that there's more of those out there. If you've played the paladin class hall campaign, pay attention to how Lothraxion shows up. Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out there's a fleet of those fuckers out there (very reminiscent of the White Stars in Babylon 5).

I mean, we're obviously going to Argus at some point. I don't know if Sargeras is going to be the big bad of this expansion, or if they're going to stretch it out and give us Kil'jaedan as the big bad again, but sooner or later we're going to be staring down the dude who likes to split planets in twain with his sword

The timeline might be screwy. But Velen is involved in the priest campaign finale, which I think happens after battle for the Exodar. So he still kept his faith.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Anduin: "facile and one-sided Talk no Jutsu without even trying to understand how you feel!"
    Velen: "I'm redeemed!"