Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Also, to those who think world first raiders actually make decent money. Lol, no. Not even remotely close. In our heyday of sales, which we could run 6-7 sales runs/week, I was lucky if I was making an extra $100-$150/week. That comes out to a little over $600/month. Most of the time outside of progress it was an extra $30-$50/week that required attending extra raids (keep in mind these are raids where you receive no gear and are herding blind cats through the raid). It was just extra "fun" money we called it. It's certainly nowhere near a livable wage.
    Things are a lot different now with sponsors/YT/Twitch. Some players are even selling T-shirts and other gear. Im not saying that they are cleaning house but Im sure they do enough to almost do nothing but gaming for the time they need to raid.

Deleted
    I just wanted to say something now that the dust has settled from tier 18 and before the race starts once again. Anyone who wants to clear their conscience for calling me all kinds of stuff when we proved Method to be cheaters last tier are free to do so in this thread or in a PM. Although I've already gotten loads of PMs about this when Method did their reform ealier.

As you all know by now most of Method's roster left as they wanted to be part of the real race to world first in legion, instead of just cheating to win as they did in tier 18. I don't know what more proof you need that Method lost the race on all levels due to their toxic and exploitative behaviour.

Anyway, that's all in the past now and I'm really looking forward to see which guild will win this time when we have so many newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    I just wanted to say something now that the dust has settled from tier 18 and before the race starts once again. Anyone who wants to clear their conscience for calling me all kinds of stuff when we proved Method to be cheaters last tier are free to do so in this thread or in a PM. Although I've already gotten loads of PMs about this when Method did their reform ealier.

As you all know by now most of Method's roster left as they wanted to be part of the real race to world first in legion, instead of just cheating to win as they did in tier 18. I don't know what more proof you need that Method lost the race on all levels due to their toxic and exploitative behaviour.

Anyway, that's all in the past now and I'm really looking forward to see which guild will win this time when we have so many newcomers!
    hes back !@

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Things are a lot different now with sponsors/YT/Twitch. Some players are even selling T-shirts and other gear. Im not saying that they are cleaning house but Im sure they do enough to almost do nothing but gaming for the time they need to raid.
    We got a keyboard, mouse, headset and mousepad from our Razer sponsorship. There's no actual money there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Im talking the obvious you intentionally avoid:

Sleep deprivation is bad for health.
    Prolonged stress of mythic first is bad for health
    Sitting at the same spot for hours on end without actual movement can cause blood circulation problems, klots etc.
    Smelling like a pig because world first is also an issue albeit more of a social one than anything
    Not going to the toilet in time because raiding can also cause random health issues
    Dropping out of work can cause social and proffessional problems as well as family problems
    Eating junkfood for prolonged periods of time because raiding is also a health issue
    Energy drinks or pills or God knows what else to stay awake for prolonged periods of time is also an issue.

So yeah I would like to see behind the scenes of world firsts and see if some people are potentially self harming in order to achieve them. Surely they can't be a role model then can they? And its not about just growing a beard. Its about killing yourself to "achieve" an imaginary goal.
    Why do people climb Mount Everest? Why did Neil Amstrong fly to the moon and back? Why did Richard Branson decide to cross the Atlantic on a boat? Why do people swim across the English channel?

People do crazy things for crazy reasons. This is what makes us human - the urge to go beyond what is possible. Else would be like rest of the animal kingdom - eat, sleep, hunt and rut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Why do people climb Mount Everest? Why did Neil Amstrong fly to the moon and back? Why did Richard Branson decide to cross the Atlantic on a boat? Why do people swim across the English channel?

People do crazy things for crazy reasons. This is what makes us human - the urge to go beyond what is possible. Else would be like rest of the animal kingdom - eat, sleep, hunt and rut.
    Well said, my friend. That's the crux of the issue. Would anyone here stop someone from climbing Everest just because it's "dangerous" even though it's obvious that he is passionate about doing it? No, you would smile warmly and wish him good luck on reaching his goal. Same the logic applies here.

World first race when EN still closed in EU cannot be called a "World first race"

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Actually, the issue with sitting too long at a computer is you can suffer from sleep deprivation and other possible serious health conditions. He isn't talking about sitting at a computer for 12 hours. More like 72+ hours.
    Look up "MrNoSleep" on twitch chat. Different game, but similar concept. Btw; it is more efficient to sleep. If guild A said they were going to raid for a week straight without sleeping so they could raid more, and guild B did the same thing but with 8 hours of sleep every night, my bet would be on guild B. They get more out of their hours, whereas after a point the guild that doesn't sleep will literally just be suiciding the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Twitch streamers do not make "A lot of money" by very many standards. Even the most successful ones I have watched make maybe 50k-60k a year max if they stream full time. WoW also isn't the most popular game to stream. I used to think streamers made tons of money, however recently I've learned streaming is more of a dream job - the amount of time you have to dedicate to streaming isn't worth the money when you take into account the risk/uncertainty (Not knowing how many donations you will get/how inconsistent they are) and lifestyle (Having to play the game ALL the time, which most of us know how that is, but take that to an extreme). A lot of streamers also have to play a lot even when they are not streaming to prepare for their stream. Add that to the fact that since you have a stay at home job, and your job is to essentially to do what you also do as a hobby, you tend not to meet other physical people in real life. The lack of human interaction isn't too fun in the long run. Pretty much; only stream if you really love what you're doing. No streamer is "doing it for the money" because they really don't make that much comparatively.

Remember that 40,000 dollars a year works out to 109$ a day and less than minimum wage if you keep in mind that the only streamers who make anything are the ones who dedicate more than 10 hours a day to making a really good stream. No matter how much you hate a streamer or think their stream is effortless, if they are a popular streamer, they put that much time into it.

Source: Friend of a popular streamer struggling with depression
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2016-09-21 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post

Twitch streamers do not make "A lot of money" by very many standards. Even the most successful ones I have watched make maybe 50k-60k a year max if they stream full time.
    kek Lirik makes that in 2 months or less, just from subs, not even counting donations, cheers and sponsors

One shirt sellout gives him half of that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post

Remember that 40,000 dollars a year works out to 109$ a day and less than minimum wage if you keep in mind that the only streamers who make anything are the ones who dedicate more than 10 hours a day to making a really good stream. No matter how much you hate a streamer or think their stream is effortless, if they are a popular streamer, they put that much time into it.

Source: Friend of a popular streamer struggling with depression
    No. Your friend is by no means a "popular" streamer. Popular streamers make over 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzel View Post
    no. Your friend is by no means a "popular" streamer. Popular streamers make over 100k.

Its him! Lord bozzel who is getting world first this tier?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Ascension!
    Abusive raid environment? Ehh... pressure, yea, yelling, maybe sometimes, hilarious accents? ALL OF THE TIME. Miss this.

love,
    hezzel

So many banned people in this thread.

The world first threads never disappoint!
    Infracted:
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-09-23 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    kek Lirik makes that in 2 months or less, just from subs, not even counting donations, cheers and sponsors

Yea it's ridiculous how much the top streamers make. Soda does his 1x a month "Sellout" stream where people get to donate to play songs and he makes about 8K in ONE day just off donations.

the absolute top 120/130M+ views twitch streamers should easily be millionaires by now (maybe not on pewdiepies level, but still), but those are probably less than .. 10 overall ?

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Nobody cares. Last time people cared about that was sunwell.
    Must..not..take...trollbait!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    So many banned people in this thread.

The world first threads never disappoint!
    Yup, lots of salty LFR/Normal heroes.

Whats going on with the Asian and Oceanic scene? Are guilds like Ascension and Stars, Style War still playing?

Deleted
    Is Serenity already banned from Bozzelprogress ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rd-messing-up)
    Last edited by mmoc0a064b8f2c; 2016-09-21 at 11:07 PM.

So bozzleprogress has serenity out, I predict blood legion takes it

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    No. Your friend is by no means a "popular" streamer. Popular streamers make over 100k.
    Most don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Was talking streaming. Selling shirts isn't streaming, although his shirt sales are because of his streaming. Keep in mind though with shirts, revenue =/= profit

A large number of donations will get charged back. And just because one or two streamers make that much, doesn't mean all the popular ones do. Lirik is an outlier. The most popular streamers for each community make around the amount I stated earlier.
    Last edited by Teaklog; 2016-09-22 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game