Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Why would the dragon be carrying around large sums of money?
    historically through various literature dragons slept on piles of gold for various reason, but mainly because it is a soft metal and will not combust due to heat when they sleep on it like other materials would. Now being a soft and small metal, it is not unfathomable for some gold coins to become lodged between the scales of the beast or even melted slightly and stuck to it, and it is these coins that we find when we kill the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Actually, if I remember right, Smaug had a "vest" made of diamonds. So yes, that would be exactly what I expect.
    Already been addressed in a later post, I recognised that Smaug was a poor exmaple, he was just the first dragon with a treasure hoard that I thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think people noticed its a world quest... so no you dont need to loot him, you automaticly get the gold/gear if it drops
    World bosses don't require you to loot. It's all personal loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    i got 6 gold, fantastic job blizzard, very engaging content
    If you got 100% loot every time you killed something in WoW, would that be fun after 1 hour?

why is this even a threaf...has loot EVER been 100% chance from world bosses....nope. Seriously, do some of you people just sit there and think of bullshit stuff to start threads about? You may go weeks without loot...are you STILL going to come here and bitch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No there was nothing to.loot on the corpse. Killed it twice. Where do you get the seals?
    Have there really been this many people gone this long who don't know that world bosses have been personal loot for awhile now? If you win the lottery, stuff drops in your bags. If you don't, you get nothing. No more corpse looting.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    World bosses don't require you to loot. It's all personal loot.
    i dont think people noticed its a world quest... so no you dont need to loot him, you automaticly get the gold/gear if it drops

as i said
    personal loot still requires looting the boss
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I dunno. RNG is RNG, but I feel with these world bosses, it's a bit different. According to Blizzard, they will keep rotating, so the next time you'll likely see Nithogg again will likely be in a few months, and every boss drops a different piece, so it's kinda meh to not get anything at all.

as i said
    personal loot still requires looting the boss
    No, you don't need to loot world boss. The World quest reward for me was 1k Class Hall Resources, didn't stop me from getting 35 gold right when he died + 35 gold again with a bonus roll, and I didn't have to loot him to get those 35gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    No, you don't need to loot world boss. The World quest reward for me was 1k Class Hall Resources, didn't stop me from getting 35 gold right when he died + 35 gold again with a bonus roll, and I didn't have to loot him to get those 35gold.
    Can you kill him 3 times and bonus roll each time?

Got 875 head so I'm happy.

So the piece of loot you get is announced before in the world quest reward tooltip?
    I had 1000 order resources. So I had a zero chance to get a piece of gear before I even started to fight (minus bonus roll ofc)??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Why would the dragon be carrying around large sums of money?
    Or large amounts of useless junk (=Gear he will never fit into, being 50 times the size of a Tauren)?

Got nothing, as usual. The Encounter itself is easy as hell, like the world bosses always have been. Only thing that grinds my gears is the small place he spawns. It was quite crowded, and I had to almost constantly move to avoid the AOE Shit he kept shitting over the place.

"Boss". LOL.

Played no differently than a Elite world q for me. I just stood out of the grp and dpsd the boss as a HPally. No effort but got 865 loot. I am fine with it dropping nothing if they are that easy.

Dude got a legendary for my Nidhogg kill last night. It was very exciting for everyone (i write this sarcastically, and not sarcastically at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You get the WQ gold at a minimum, not for the boss but for the quest.

I also got a nice 860 head.
    Me too (not really that good as fire mage but nice anyway)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    So the piece of loot you get is announced before in the world quest reward tooltip?
    I had 1000 order resources. So I had a zero chance to get a piece of gear before I even started to fight (minus bonus roll ofc)??
    No you can still get loot for the kill. The world quest is just a quest to kill him, he drops loot like any other boss, it's just that you dont actually have to loot since you get it automatically.

This thread makes me sad, its like "WOW WORLD BOSSES, TOTALLY NEW".

The WQ is there to make sure you know it spawned, probably for the clueless apezoid masses in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This thread makes me sad, its like "WOW WORLD BOSSES, TOTALLY NEW".

The WQ is there to make sure you know it spawned, probably for the clueless apezoid masses in the game.
    I really liked that, there's a whole bunch of world bosses in Legion, so such a simple indication which of them is up and where to find him was quite nice, i'm not complaining about my 870 warforged ring either :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Killed him for Cukkaw and got 27 gold and a 860 helmet.