I'm finding it a bit confusing, personally. The Icy-Veins guide recommends the Mark of the Trained Soldier (mastery), but the person they say reviewed and approved the guide is using the Mark of the Claw (Haste and Critical Strike).

So what kind of relic traits are we after? I have 2 mythic relics that gives +1 rank to Shock Treatment, the other increases light of dawn healing, should we have all 3 relics into Shock treatment?

Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon dropped for me yesterday in Court of Stars. I am now wondering about funky interactions with Power of the Silver Hand. Am I right in assuming that with the legendary ring, the last GCD in each PotSH proc should be used to give HS another 20% healing on top of the bonus healing by PotSH?

I haven't had the time to do any real testing yet, but my HS did crit for over 800k a couple of times (ilvl 848). Seems like a fun item, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I'm finding it a bit confusing, personally. The Icy-Veins guide recommends the Mark of the Trained Soldier (mastery), but the person they say reviewed and approved the guide is using the Mark of the Claw (Haste and Critical Strike).
    Yep it's really frustrating and I don't want to waste 10k on an enchant that's wrong
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Some people like myself want to know how much their next heal is going to heal for. It's not that hard to understand.
    ... why??

Edit: I saw another post to do with saving your holy shock. Isn't that an awful lot of min/maxing? Just for a heal? I guess some people like to play that way I dunno.

Is that why though? If that's the whole reason then I guess it's a "different strokes for different folks" situation.
    Last edited by Adinora; 2016-09-19 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Mark of Claw does not proc from heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fabonaut View Post
    Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon dropped for me yesterday in Court of Stars. I am now wondering about funky interactions with Power of the Silver Hand. Am I right in assuming that with the legendary ring, the last GCD in each PotSH proc should be used to give HS another 20% healing on top of the bonus healing by PotSH?

I haven't had the time to do any real testing yet, but my HS did crit for over 800k a couple of times (ilvl 848). Seems like a fun item, huh?
    The active on that ring is an HPS loss, not an HPS increase for standard healing. The only time it is an HPS increase is when used with AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Hey guys, 90% of holy paladin guides on the internet tell me to use mark of the trained soldier(chance to proc 300 mastery) but mastery is one of our worst stats... wouldn't it be better to use ancient priestess or mark of the claw? Just want opinions before I enchant my neck piece I just got and waste 10k gold on the wrong one.
    Mastery is our second best stat, assuming you are using Lightbringer (which you basically always are in raids).
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    The active on that ring is an HPS loss, not an HPS increase for standard healing. The only time it is an HPS increase is when used with AM.
    Could you elaborate? Are you talking about the GCD that is "lost" for healing when it's used for judgement? That makes sense I guess.

Hmm, but the ring still seems pretty useful in high mobility encounters, when HS and LoD are on CD, to power their next use, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you elaborate? Are you talking about the GCD that is "lost" for healing when it's used for judgement? That makes sense I guess.

Hmm, but the ring still seems pretty useful in high mobility encounters, when HS and LoD are on CD, to power their next use, right?
    Well think about it like this. You spent 1.5s of those 5s on the GCD created from casting Judgment, which is 30% of those 5 seconds. After that, you have enough time to get off two spells, so a total of 4.5s of that 5, another 0.5 is wasted. So you are wasting 40% of that 5 seconds already.

When you are losing 40% of your time for a 20% increase it ends up being an HPS loss. The only situation where I can maybe see it be an increase is if you just synced it with Light of Dawn. Even then that would be probably less then a 1% healing increase, if not a loss still.

That's why people just recommend using it with AM Mercy because it's off the GCD and Mercy also a significant amount of healing in those 5 seconds.

The only situation where I can maybe see it be an increase is if you just synced it with Light of Dawn. Even then that would be probably less then a 1% healing increase, if not a loss still.

That's why people just recommend using it with AM Mercy because it's off the GCD and Mercy also a significant amount of healing in those 5 seconds.
    Huh, that's a bummer, I was hoping it'd be a nice gimmick, but after reading your explanation the ring seems very poorly designed for Holy Paladins. I guess I'll use it whenever casting is not an option to increase the healing of my instants that are available (LotM, HS or LoD) or pair it with Aura of Mercy. Well, that's something, at least.

/edit: I'll just save it for Lay on Hands!

10+ Year Old Account
    /edit: I'll just save it for Lay on Hands!
    I don't believe healing increases work with Lay on Hands.

Well think about it like this. You spent 1.5s of those 5s on the GCD created from casting Judgment, which is 30% of those 5 seconds. After that, you have enough time to get off two spells, so a total of 4.5s of that 5, another 0.5 is wasted. So you are wasting 40% of that 5 seconds already.

When you are losing 40% of your time for a 20% increase it ends up being an HPS loss. The only situation where I can maybe see it be an increase is if you just synced it with Light of Dawn. Even then that would be probably less then a 1% healing increase, if not a loss still.

3 spells. 2 flashes and an instant like holy shock, and any active healing (aura of mercy, tyr's deliverance)

EDIT: Also, I now only have 6 legendary items possible for holy... didn't we have 8 yesterday?

In the "Loot" tab of the adventure guide I can no longer get Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon or Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2016-09-19 at 10:25 PM.

So the ring that increases your healing, wouldn't it be good if you Bestow Faith, Judgment, Beacon of Virtue (Maybe swap the Judgement and Beacon order?), Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Light of Dawn (or Holy Prism), seems like a strong combination for strong incoming ae damage. I dunno if you could fit the LoD within that 5 second time window though, I think it'd be fun to see what you can do with it.
    Last edited by Lawlhero; 2016-09-19 at 11:03 PM.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    3 spells. 2 flashes and an instant like holy shock, and any active healing (aura of mercy, tyr's deliverance)
    It's not worth it to spend the duration of the buff spamming 2 FoL. You want to get Light of Dawn and Holy Shock out with it. Best case scenario is Judgment, Holy Shock, FoL, Light of Dawn. The problem is getting all three of those to line up, and even then it's still just a minimal HPS increase.

It's not worth it to spend the duration of the buff spamming 2 FoL. You want to get Light of Dawn and Holy Shock out with it. Best case scenario is Judgment, Holy Shock, FoL, Light of Dawn. The problem is getting all three of those to line up, and even then it's still just a minimal HPS increase.
    FoL without the ring heals for ~210k and with the ring heals for ~252k. Two casts of that is an extra 84k healed
    1 HS heals for 220k (but has an extremely high crit chance) without the ring and 264k with. That is another 44k healed (or 88k if it crits)
    Aura of Mercy ticks for about 5k without the ring, and 6k with. On 3 people for 6 seconds that is 18k more healed
    Bestow Faith heals for ~200k without, and with it heals for ~240k for an extra 40k.

So base without any cooldowns or haste buffs you are healing roughly the same amount you would without using judgment, except you are doing a little bit of damage to the boss. If you are using it during a cooldown like with lust, AW, Tyr's Deliverance, Holy Avenger, Aura Mastery, or if you can effectively use Light of Dawn it should be a pretty big boost to the amount you heal.

Also, I don't see it being that much of an issue in getting those 3 to line up. Two of them almost always line up and you can pretty easily plan to accommodate the 3rd. And regardless of all of this information, I was pointing out that you should always be able to hit 3 spells within the window not 2 and there are passive spells you can use preemptively to make even more line up.

EDIT: Also, I now only have 6 legendary items possible for holy... didn't we have 8 yesterday?

In the "Loot" tab of the adventure guide I can no longer get Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon or Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    I got prydaz two days ago so unless they changed something since then.. it's pretty neat to.. a 330k shield every 30-40 seconds that adds to healing done for doing nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    FoL without the ring heals for ~210k and with the ring heals for ~252k. Two casts of that is an extra 84k healed
    1 HS heals for 220k (but has an extremely high crit chance) without the ring and 264k with. That is another 44k healed (or 88k if it crits)
    Aura of Mercy ticks for about 5k without the ring, and 6k with. On 3 people for 6 seconds that is 18k more healed
    Bestow Faith heals for ~200k without, and with it heals for ~240k for an extra 40k.

So base without any cooldowns or haste buffs you are healing roughly the same amount you would without using judgment, except you are doing a little bit of damage to the boss. If you are using it during a cooldown like with lust, AW, Tyr's Deliverance, Holy Avenger, Aura Mastery, or if you can effectively use Light of Dawn it should be a pretty big boost to the amount you heal.

Also, I don't see it being that much of an issue in getting those 3 to line up. Two of them almost always line up and you can pretty easily plan to accommodate the 3rd. And regardless of all of this information, I was pointing out that you should always be able to hit 3 spells within the window not 2 and there are passive spells you can use preemptively to make even more line up.
    If you're double flashing every time you Judgment for the ring you're going to oom in a few minutes which isn't viable at all.

If you're double flashing every time you Judgment for the ring you're going to oom in a few minutes which isn't viable at all.
    I am not saying you are judging on cooldown and spamming FoL an entire fight, I am just arguing your idea that it is always an HPS loss and that you can only cast 2 spells during its duration. This is especially true when you have 4 personal cooldowns and 1 raid cooldown which makes it a pretty good sized HPS gain.

15+ Year Old Account
    2.5 mill Holy Shock crit with PotSH and no CD's used. I laughed.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    2.5 mill Holy Shock crit with PotSH and no CD's used. I laughed.
    Yeah and how much overhealing? This talent is stupid honestly.. 90% of the time you build up a big hs only to be sniped or no one to use it on and it over heals a shitlod

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Yeah and how much overhealing? This talent is stupid honestly.. 90% of the time you build up a big hs only to be sniped or no one to use it on and it over heals a shitlod
    I'm not sure the point is to build up a super huge 200% overheal HS. More so just upping 2 or 3 HS's by a couple hundred thousand or so.