Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    As someone else pointed out, you're taking those whispers at face value and there's really no reason to. The Old Gods lie and deceive; it's kind of their thing. Just like you shouldn't trust the spriest artifact when it says the Naaru's true form is void, you shouldn't trust Ilgynoth.
    It may not be the Naaru's true form BUT there is a point in a Naaru's life where they turn into a Dark Naaru(See Muru turning into Entropius). Either way it's fun to speculate and I feel like these things in the OP are too specific to just ignore as Old God stuff. Still you could be right, Old Gods aren't good sources
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Remember this one from the puzzle box?

"Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

I think it was talking about Xavius. Neat.
    I remember the speculation when people thought that was talking about Y'Shaarj, good catch tho that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Not fully maybe. It also may not be game over until she matures into a titan.
    Which would mean we'd have to blow the planet if the stain can't be removed and without Azeroth, we have little to no chance against Sargeras and the void lords.

"Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

Had another look over the puzzle-box quotes after your post, this one sticks: 'In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.' Another thing to note is how in this quote, he compares space to the sea: 'The stars sweep chill currents' Maybe the 'To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars' quote is literally talking about the maelstrom, & they just like space metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.

the lord of ravens is Genn Greymane, and he will most likely open the door in revenge against syl;vannas although not willingly.

boy king is deffs wrathion though could be Anduin.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    the lord of ravens is Genn Greymane, and he will most likely open the door in revenge against syl;vannas although not willingly.

boy king is deffs wrathion though could be Anduin.
    Genn and Wrathion are massive stretches.

Lord of Ravens - ravenholdt? Rogues and their keys or lock picks or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Her heart is a crater refers to Azeroth... Jesus, people....
    Sure but it could also refer to Jaina, easily.

Jainas heart was theramore (still is) and what is theramore now? A crater.

It could be either one.

I don't see anything referring to Genn, but usually vengeance is seen as a form of corruption, and the old gods usually use vengeance against the person who wants it, so I could see something happening with Genn and the Old gods, maybe. The old gods use anything to corrupt people really but praying on a weak mind or one driven by vengeance (or anything like it) is easy to corrupt. Doubt this is a thing, just speculating.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-21 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    This is some good shit
    Heres my theory

1. "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn"
    Magni makes sense, the whole thing about Deathwing's corruption is that he was the earth warden and thus he is one with the earth, the titan ritual did a similar thing with Magni.

2. "5 Keys to open our way. 5 torches to light our path"
    I think the old gods want us to gather the pillars of creation, i think they will close the portal at the tomb however since the old gods prisons were made by the titans they could also work as keys to their prisons. seems like he wants the pillars in mortal hands since they seem easiest to manipulate.

3. "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."
    This possibly refers to Ny'alotha which is mentioned a few times by old gods, "In the sunken city, he lays dreaming..." among other quotes are mentioned mostly by the puzzle box of yogg-saron also by Y'Shaarj and Il'gynoth. Im guessing him is N'Zoth?

4. "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    Boy king is clearly Anduin, the master's table seems to imply somehow he is corrupted, i suppose that he has been known to use shadow magic which is now linked to the void, maybe hes a disc priest and his fathers death has tipped him over the edge. as for the 3 lies that's a whole other realm of speculation.

5. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    Jaina is the most obvious answer, her home is nothing more than a crater, people seem to think shes acting nutty (i think she isnt but that's neither here nor there) old gods have filled the void, i also like the idea that the sleeping titan Azeroth is being referred to and the crater is the whole left where the well of eternity is.

6. "The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    Seems to link up with the other ones, Khadgar has the pillars, seems to imply Khadgar will open the old gods prisons.

7. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    Something the old gods would say, the old gods created the curse of flesh making us more than titan pawns, the old gods are to thank for everything so we should be worshipping the old gods. Thats pretty much their point of view.

Keep in mind that the old gods are manipulators, none of this may be true, some of this may be true. Im guessing he says some of this stuff during the fight, just playing on your weaknesses while you fight him is a thing they do.
    There are things (for example Yogg-Saron taking credit for some of the lich kings actions) that still havent come to light so it could just be nothing for a while.
    TL;DR version
    The narrative the boss seems to be pushing is.
    Jaina is corrupted, Magni wasnt speaking with Azeroth, Anduin is lying, Khadgar will open the old gods prisons using the pillars of eternity.

Deleted
    I think that the whispers are kind of half-truths or maybe some of them are true and some of them only kind of an Old God-twisted truth. I doubt they are straight out lies though, because then they couldn't laugh in our faces later, saying 'I told you so' ^^ I think espscially about the whisper about the child-king here. What the Old Gods call lies may only be some kind of Titan-knowledge or something a (pure) Titan-created being may tell us/Anduin. The Old Gods call that almost assuredly a lie, because to them it is. Just like to them, the one who inflicted the curse is the true god, not the creator him-/herself. But also the thing about serving them. I'm quite sure they call everyone a servant, that kind of listened to them and may be doing their work, even though said being is totally unaware of it and maybe not even corrupted beyond redemption yet.

I really like these whisper hints in general, they leave so much room for speculation and raise so many questions. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I think that the whispers are kind of half-truths or maybe some of them are true and some of them only kind of an Old God-twisted truth. I doubt they are straight out lies though, because then they couldn't laugh in our faces later, saying 'I told you so' ^^ I think espscially about the whisper about the child-king here. What the Old Gods call lies may only be some kind of Titan-knowledge or something a (pure) Titan-created being may tell us/Anduin. The Old Gods call that almost assuredly a lie, because to them it is. Just like to them, the one who inflicted the curse is the true god, not the creator him-/herself. But also the thing about serving them. I'm quite sure they call everyone a servant, that kind of listened to them and may be doing their work, even though said being is totally unaware of it and maybe not even corrupted beyond redemption yet.

I really like these whisper hints in general, they leave so much room for speculation and raise so many questions. Nice
    I feel like some may be true and some are false, keep in mind, when you are fighting a minion of an old god that they will try to manipulate you or even just psych you out.

Kinda thought "lord of ravens" would be lord ravencrest, maybe he's still fucking things up, who knows. Boy king has to be wrathion, he's the one that's been deceptive in the past, not Anduin. Though it'd be kind of dumb to see Wrathion following in his fathers footsteps with the old gods.

Also, about yogg-saron, flesh is absolutely his gift. He indirectly created the old gods worst enemy, us. So...although we technically stem from titan creations, we're closer to old god creations...we lack the "perfection" of the titans creations, but more than make up for it with what yogg-saron didn't foresee (courage/heroism/etc).

*edit* nevermind Im stupid, lord of ravens should be khadgar/medivh, because guardian stuff, atiesh, kara 7.1 etc etc etc
    Last edited by F1reheart; 2016-09-21 at 02:22 AM.

TL;DR version
    The narrative the boss seems to be pushing is.
    Jaina is corrupted, Magni wasnt speaking with Azeroth, Anduin is lying, Khadgar will open the old gods prisons using the pillars of eternity.
    Extended version. What ever is talking to you in the nightmare is likely feeding you bullshit like any other villain usually does. Especially those linked with the old gods. Which at one point before Xavius did another side switch was on.

I think he is lying about some stuff and not about others. He is trying to push us against each other, specially playing Anduin, Jaina, Magni and Khadgar.
    But some of the stuff should be true. I believe they are tricking us into gathering the Pillars of Creation, maybe to unlock his prision. But i believe N'zoth has a bigger domain over deceit than his counterparts. Yogg Saron was the self proclaimed god of death, C'thun seemed to be dealing with things much more directly and Y'shaarj was all about dark emotions.. But think of how N'zoth has been working: Taking over Yogg Saron's Nightmare, using the Naga. And i believe he's been using Helya too, the tentacle game is strong with her. He is making us work for him. Look at how easily he duped Malfurion and Ysera in Val'sharah. Or maybe the Pillars are the key to open up Azeroth to allow him to corrupt it ?

Anyway, i feel like we will deal with the Legion once and for all on this xpack and on the next we will have to deal with the Old Gods in a much bigger scale.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Genn and Wrathion are massive stretches.
    gen lord of ravens how is that a stretch? gilneas is the City of ravens. he is the leader of Gilneas?

and wrathion makes sense as he confirred himself as a Prince throughout all of MOP. why could he not become a king?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Extended version. What ever is talking to you in the nightmare is likely feeding you bullshit like any other villain usually does. Especially those linked with the old gods. Which at one point before Xavius did another side switch was on.
    The old gods are usually on point with what they say, with a few riddles mixed in. Or just trying to spread fear. For example, our hearts never really exploded on C'thun...but it was cool to say.

It is know that they use metaphores for their whispers. Either something that's going to happen, or something they want to happen. Making it a fact in their whispers.

I'm saying this because there is no way Anduin tell us lies knowing it. And the lady with the crater in the heart must be Jaina, but I don't think she will be corrupted, I think they will try to corrupt her.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lord of ravens reference might be explored further in 7.1, what with a return to Karazhan. Maybe Medivh actually will return in some capacity.

10+ Year Old Account

That's more talking about Y'sharaaj, referencing the Seven Sha.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I had a quote in raid today that I haven't seen anyone else post:

"At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming"

Not quite sure what to make of it.... who do we know has 'died' two times so far, either figuratively or literally?