Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollz113 View Post
    There are a lot of 1700 heroes on here.

Lets get one thing straight, enhance was the most OP melee last season by miles, you could pressure the enemy team with NO cooldowns and had an enormous amount of utility. A friend of mine who had never picked up an enhance shammy in 9 years got 2900 glad and only missed out on r1 because he was away for the last 2 weeks of the season. Turbo was the most overpowered comp since RLS in season 10 with cunning of the cruel and legendary daggers or TSG with shadowmourne...

Wait until full honor talents and season starts to see where we stand, especially as there will likely be a large tuning pass which will affect other classes more than Shaman. The only thing I'm really missing is shamanistic rage. Counterstrike/Skyfury and Shamanism talents are great honor talents.
    Another butthurt caster claiming enhance was "OP" last season because they had one viable 3s comp. Turbo was not "overpowered", it was simply competitive and quite beatable by a skilled team of another competitive comp. For someone who is trying to berate players based on rating, you sound like a scrub who did a couple random 2s or 3s matches, got rolled and declared enhancement OP because you couldn't global them as a mage. As for your 2900 glad "friend"...excellent story, but it's unlikely to have happened as you claim.

The honor talents past CS totem are generally not that great...in fact they're all pretty much garbage:

CS Totem: The last decent talent?
    Windfury Totem: Is actually good in general, but it's something that should be baseline for enhancement. Not better than CS totem in current pvp environment where damage happens super quick and he who deals the most DPS in the shortest time wins.

Spectral Recovery: If you are in a situation where spectral recovery is "helping" you, you've probably already lost the match.
    Ethereal form: is LOL because you give up your only defensive CD for immunity to physical damage only...and you cannot attack while it's up.

Static cling: is super-gimmicky, and so easy to counter.
    Ride the Lightning: is effectively a small boost to SS damage...at least it's not RNG, but it's not "game changing".

Leader of the Clan: Really? How is this better than either of the other two on this tier?
    Thundercharge: It's like shamanism, but not as good because it only speeds up the CD recovery rate rather than being a 30% haste buff that affects recovery rate, cast times and attack speed.

Case in point, none of the talents past CS totem are really changing the picture or addressing the fundamental issues brought up in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizhuf View Post
    Just had to quote this.
    OP obviously has no knowledge about Enhancement-PVP.
    Would LOVE to see your Armory-Link!
    Thanks troll. Run out of cat videos to comment on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizhuf View Post
    Just had to quote this.
    OP obviously has no knowledge about Enhancement-PVP.
    Would LOVE to see your Armory-Link!
    How come people who say this never show theirs? Enhancement does have two issues. It's squishy and has no real defensive CDs. For a melee that's a really bad thing. It's burst and sustained isn't higher than other classes thus there isn't much of a justification for it.

The other issue is mobility. Enhancements is pretty damn bad. Most slows melees have last either 15 seconds or are ranged (such as pistol shot). Enhancement has a 2 (3) second one that is pretty damn bad. It doesn't help in most situations. A warrior that stands in a nova wont see his slow fall off, thus he can close back in. Worse the only real gap closer is feral lunge. Which has only a single use unlike warriors charge and lacks the root/daze they gave charge and feral gap closer respectively to fix one mayor issue, using them but your target keeps simply walking away. Thus you are marginally closer but still didn't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    My problems with Enh PvP
    FB is terrible. Lasting 3 seconds is a joke. Increase range to 20 yards, hailstorm reduces cost by 50%.( I am happy that it was hot fixed to apply on cast now)
    Healing surge requiring mana AND Maelstrom sucks. I like one of the above posters idea of using Maelstrom over 20 and being instant, and using mana with a cast if under 20.
    Feral lunge needs a root added to it.
    Our stat template needs to be looked at. I'd sacrifice some agility for more mastery and haste.(gameplay is much better in PvE for me)
    AS usable in stuns.
    Not related to enhance, I want stun durations reduced by 1 sec across the board. No stun should last longer than 4 seconds. Imo
    OP here, I'm coming back after playing some 3s with war/hpal and 2 with a ret. OUR DAMAGE IS TO HIGH. When one of these pallies hit me with bubble, id pop CDs and melt full health enemies.
    So we have problems but after playing with some like minded players(tunnel, pop CDs, win or gtfo) we did insanely well. The only class that seriously gave me problems was sub rogue with constant stuns. We die in stuns fairly easy but I have no other complaints anymore.
    My advice, find a good comp, not based on class but based on the player(my ret is very support focused, and we did surprisingly well) the skirms I did before rated where with random people. If enhancement stayed the way it is, it will be a top competitor in some comps, no doubt.

I know it'll be asked, our MMR was 1650 for the 3s and 1800 for the 2s, granted I only did about 10 3s and 15 2s, we did way better than I expected.
    We still need changes, but I won't be crying about the state of enhance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    OP here, I'm coming back after playing some 3s with war/hpal and 2 with a ret. OUR DAMAGE IS TO HIGH. When one of these pallies hit me with bubble, id pop CDs and melt full health enemies.
    So we have problems but after playing with some like minded players(tunnel, pop CDs, win or gtfo) we did insanely well. The only class that seriously gave me problems was sub rogue with constant stuns. We die in stuns fairly easy but I have no other complaints anymore.
    My advice, find a good comp, not based on class but based on the player(my ret is very support focused, and we did surprisingly well) the skirms I did before rated where with random people. If enhancement stayed the way it is, it will be a top competitor in some comps, no doubt.

I know it'll be asked, our MMR was 1650 for the 3s and 1800 for the 2s, granted I only did about 10 3s and 15 2s, we did way better than I expected.
    We still need changes, but I won't be crying about the state of enhance anymore.
    I don't have a problem with our current damage and I don't think it's too much. Yes, we can end just about anyone in ascendance with SB procs up but we die just as quickly and are more vulnerable to stuns now than ever (it was always a problem). Enhance was always about big burst, but it was never supposed to be the glass-cannon melee that it is now. I'm still going to play it though.

From my experiences, we only glass in a stun. If we can use some heals or pillar hump in ghost wolf, we can survive pretty well. I'm thoroughly enjoying it when playing with other players who want to win. Judging from skirmishes 2 weeks ago, I hated it tho.

Deleted

arnt we supposed to be able to heal ourselves with the pvp talent astriel shift or whatever?

Beat a gladiator team and i've never been above 2.2K myself ( yes it was on ranked ) , if the class was that shit , it would have given me a greater disadvantage , but i still ended up winning....

It seems to be squishy and we are lacking yes , but the amount of pressure we can put is insane.
    “Everything has been figured out, except how to live.”