Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    AB only costs slightly more than AE, and is way more likely to proc AM which gives you a GCD that costs zero mana. It potentially is more mana efficient than AE. And yes it has a cast time, a very small one once you stack quickening.
    An increase of 64.5% in mana cost between AE and AB is not a "slight increase". And you don't use AE to gain AM charges, thats what the NT spam is for. You use it to keep quickening up during periods of bad/no AM procs. But i guess you knew all that since you actually tried this playstyle for yourself and well... forgot?
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2016-09-20 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Any1 could do a little dummy video of the NT playstyle?
    Sure, I'll make one, give me a bit to upload.

I'm not perfect at this yet and I made a few mistakes but the damage it puts out is funny. 327k over 10 minutes, could probably get it to 345k with flask/food/pots. Clean it up a little and it's pretty silly how high it goes.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-20 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    thanks a lot mate

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this something that can be done with WQ? Getting really bored doing everything with fire feel like spicing things up abit.

AB only costs slightly more than AE, and is way more likely to proc AM which gives you a GCD that costs zero mana. It potentially is more mana efficient than AE. And yes it has a cast time, a very small one once you stack quickening.
    Except
    AE
    2% Base mana

AB
    3.2% Base mana for me that starts at 32k. No near the same.

No one is really talking about it because its not really viable sadly. Arcane as a spec really isn't viable it seems unless on AOE. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sure, I'll make one, give me a bit to upload.

I'm not perfect at this yet and I made a few mistakes but the damage it puts out is funny. 327k over 10 minutes, could probably get it to 345k with flask/food/pots. Clean it up a little and it's pretty silly how high it goes.

This is actually beautiful <3

this is actually beautiful <3
    Gotta go FAST

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it in normal and the first boss of heroic.

338k on normal Nythendra.
    275k on normal Dragons of Nightmare. Screwed up during transition, lost my stack.
    309k on normal Elerethe Renferal. Can't keep stack during transition easily.
    231k on normal Il'gynoth. Screwed up. Should be able to do a lot more damage with a regular rotation focusing on aoe.
    348k on normal Ursoc, first by a mile.
    188k on normal Cenarius, hilariously confused pull that we one shot the boss on where nothing worked like we thought it did. Lost my stack multiple times.
    353k on normal Xavius, first by a mile. The dream resets your quickening when you wake up
    289k on heroic Nythendra, screwed up trying to stay alive.

When it works it really works. Need more practice, unless they nerf it.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-21 at 05:05 AM.

Gotta go FAST

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it in normal and the first boss of heroic.

338k on normal Nythendra.
    275k on normal Dragons of Nightmare. Screwed up during transition, lost my stack.
    309k on normal Elerethe Renferal. Can't keep stack during transition easily.
    231k on normal Il'gynoth. Screwed up. Should be able to do a lot more damage with a regular rotation focusing on aoe.
    349k on normal Ursoc, first by a mile.
    188k on normal Cenarius, hilariously confused pull that we one shot the boss on where nothing worked like we thought it did. Lost my stack multiple times.
    353k on normal Xavius, first by a mile. The dream resets your quickening when you wake up
    289k on heroic Nythendra, screwed up trying to stay alive.

When it works it really works.
    Those numbers seem unreal. What's the stat priority you are using for this build, generally? Is it normal arcane priority, crit>verse>haste>mastery?

Those numbers seem unreal. What's the stat priority you are using for this build, generally? Is it normal arcane priority, crit>verse>haste>mastery?
    I'd link logs except they're private. I'm using vers>crit>haste>mastery.

Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-21 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    I'd link logs except they're private. I'm using vers>crit>haste
    You could mention how exactly high are your stats and how exactly do you rotate between burn and conserve.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    You could mention how exactly high are your stats and how exactly do you rotate between burn and conserve.
    I put a video up in this thread just a few posts up showing all that stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ive tried this play-style but it seems like... a waste? Most times spamming NT doesn't proc anything for me and im just spending most my time refreshing quickening with AE.

How does the nt spam build work for aoe? Do you just use ae and nt the whole time and not use barrage?

Do I need points into artifact? I'm only doing like 200k on dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Do I need points into artifact? I'm only doing like 200k on dummy.
    You expected good DPS with an empty artifact? lol

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    How does the nt spam build work for aoe? Do you just use ae and nt the whole time and not use barrage?
    Arcane is already pretty good at aoe without nether tempest. I believe someone mathed out 5x ae into barrage with arcane rebound is best dps for mana.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-22 at 06:36 AM.

You expected good DPS with an empty artifact? lol
    I didn't expect it to be factor in over 100k difference in dps, nope.

Arcane is already pretty good at aoe without nether tempest. I believe someone mathed out 5x ae into barrage with arcane rebound is best dps for mana.
    But then you've dropped your quickening stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    But then you've dropped your quickening stacks.
    But AE Explosion doesn't care what your haste is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I didn't expect it to be factor in over 100k difference in dps, nope.
    Is this a serious discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

It is a problem for that spider/roc boss; just trying to figure out what would be the best.