Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bonus Rolls, Brewfest 2016, Metzen Statue, Legion App Updated, Tweets, DLC #552

BlizzCon Goodies Revealed, Potential D2 HD Hoax

What One Night in Karazhan Could Have Been + Early Karazhan Art

Zarya & Warhead Junction Available on PTR, Muradin Price Increased

Patch Notes for September 13th

Legion - Bonus Rolls
    Don't forget to grab your Seal of Broken Fate from Archmage Lan'dalock in Dalaran before heading to your raid or world bosses.

Brewfest 2016
    Brewfest is back again with item level 810 trinkets and a couple new rewards! This year the event runs from September 20 to October 6.

You will need 300 x Brewfest Prize Token to purchase the new rewards.

If you are still leveling alts, don't forget to grab the Brewfest Enthusiast buff at 6:15 AM and 6:15 PM server time outside of Ironforge and Orgrimmar at the Tapping of the Keg ceremony.

New Rewards

Level Type Name Cost Model Viewer
    1Head Synthebrew Goggles XL200 × 
    Modelviewer
    110Other Gravil Goldbraid's Famous Sausage Hat100 × 

Updated Trinkets

Level Type Name Effect
    810Trinket Brawler's Statue
    Use: Increases armor by 46 for 20 sec. (2 min cooldown)
    810Trinket Mithril Wristwatch
    Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 713 for 10 sec. (10% chance, 55 sec cooldown)
    810Trinket Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster
    Equip: Chance on melee and ranged critical strike to increase your attack power by 713 for 10 sec.
    810Trinket Bitterest Balebrew Charm
    Use: Summon the Black Brewmaiden, who will smite your foes with your empty tankards. Wave at her for Brewfest Brew! (10 min cooldown)
    810Trinket Bubbliest Brightbrew Charm
    Use: Summon the Brewmaiden, whose very presence bolsters a party's vigor. Wave at her for Brewfest Brew! (10 min cooldown)
    810Trinket Thousand-Year Pickled Egg
    Equip: Your direct healing and heal over time spells have a chance to increase your haste by 713 for 10 sec. (10% chance, 55 sec cooldown)

Old Rewards

Level Type Name Cost Model Viewer
    1Chest Brewfest Regalia200 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Chest Brewfest Dress200 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Companion Pets Wolpertinger's Tankard200 × 
    1Companion Pets Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm100 × 
    1Companion Pets Stout Alemental200 × 
    1Feet Brewfest Boots100 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Feet Brewfest Slippers100 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Head Green Brewfest Hat50 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Head Blue Brewfest Hat50 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Head Purple Brewfest Hat50 × 
    Modelviewer
    10Head Blix's Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles100 × 
    Modelviewer
    10Head Belbi's Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles100 × 
    Modelviewer
    1Head Brown Brewfest Hat50 × 
    Modelviewer
    20Holiday Preserved Brewfest Hops20 × 
    1Junk Steamworks Sausage Grill200 × 
    1Other Brewfest Banner100 × 
    1Other Angry Brewfest Letter50 × 
    90Other Ancient Heirloom Scabbard300 × 
    100Other Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard500 × 
    20Other Fresh Brewfest Hops2 × 
    20Other Fresh Goblin Brewfest Hops5 × 
    20Other Fresh Dwarven Brewfest Hops5 × 
    1Other Brewfest Pony Keg100 × 
    1Other Brewfest Keg Pony200 × 
    1Other Brewhelm2 × 
    1Other Pandaren Brewpack100 × 
    1Quest "Brew of the Month" Club Membership Form200 × 
    1Quest "Brew of the Month" Club Membership Form200 × 

New Consumables

Level Type Name
    1Junk Throwing Sausage
    1Other Spirit Spirits
    1Other Gordok Bock
    1Other Storming Saison
    1Other Mannoroth's Blood Red Ale
    1Other Shimmer Stout

Chris Metzen Statue
    Chris Metzen's going away present was revealed at the end of this week. It is a statue of him holding Baby Winston's hand, similar to the Walt Disney statue. Vaeflare shared some images on Twitter.

James Waugh and Tyson Murphy Leave Blizzard
    James Waugh was the Sr. Director for Story & Creative Development at Blizzard. Tyson Murphy was the Lead Character Artist on World of Warcraft and is leaving for Riot.

Legion Companion App Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Version 1.0.2 of the Legion Companion App is now available:

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/wow-leg...n/id1125608061
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.wowcompanion

What's New in Version 1.0.2
    • Artifact XP world quests now show a single icon on the map.
    • Fix for occasional error while collecting the first ready troop.
    • Champions below level 110 now show level instead of iLevel on the mission results panel.
    • Times now display the top 2 units in most places (e.g. hours and minutes instead of just hours)
    • Fixed issue where a previously-collected troop would appear to be ready for pickup.

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    What made raiding epic?
    I've done a lot of raiding and I ran a lot of Raid Finder as well, so I feel like it's appropriate to have an opinion here.

Raids were epic in part because they were difficult and required a lot of coordination. You couldn't just round up mobs and AE them down, which worked for a lot of dungeons and quests. If there was a boss mechanic to get out of the fire, you had to get out of the fire, not assume that Circle of Healing would take care of it. And when you finally beat a boss after hours of days of attempts, it felt great, and everyone cheered in Vent.

I think there is room for a more casual raiding mode that preserves some of that experience. I don't think Raid Finder (at least circa MoP, which is that time I tried it) delivers on that experience. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #552
    DLC #552 has been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet more people leaving..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    810 trinkets are a slap in the face

There's definitely something going on at Blizzard with so many people leaving at the same time, I dont think it's a "people want to do different things" anymore.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    There's definitely something going on at Blizzard with so many people leaving at the same time, I dont think it's a "people want to do different things" anymore.
    Yeah i dont see how anyone can justify their belief that people just need to move on. It goes to show most people have no concept of what a career is. There is definitely something going down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can the Brewfest trinkets titanforge or are they just 810?

7+ Year Old Account
    So is that Metzen statue actually being made? or is just a photo for his pleasure?

With all the people leaving Blizzard its certainly is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yeah i dont see how anyone can justify their belief that people just need to move on. It goes to show most people have no concept of what a career is. There is definitely something going down.
    I'm beginning to wonder if the next expansion is going to be the last one, and those who aren't on that team and not transferring to one of the other IPs are moving on.

My conspiracy theory is, since the colossal failure of WoD Activision took on the reigns and enforced Blizzard to produce something with the original core lore of Warcraft, hence the Legion. And if Legion keeps going this succesfully, it is very likely that the pressure and control over the production team shall remain and will be permanent. And natutrally, creative people always run away from stress and pressure and always go where the freedom and inspiration is.

Sinking ship. They're leaving quick.

I'm really surprised that it weren't metzen holding the hand of a baby thrall....

WoD ppl are getting fired :P

the sells for legion must be beyond terrible if activision is firing so much staff inlucding all top heads - good maybe now the game will be better without them.

Deleted
    The way I look at is that Legion was the last ditch effort by Blizzard which would either make or break the future of WoW. The pressure was immense, the failure from WoD fresh in the mind. I think now that it has been released, the employees will realize they have given it what they have and want something else. After working immense hours on such a project, I'd be a bit burned out too.

They delivered, and I wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the sells for legion must be beyond terrible if activision is firing so much staff inlucding all top heads - good maybe now the game will be better without them.
    #1 Activision doesn't control Blizzard. They are just another parent company among the many other parent companies Blizzard has had since like a year after it was formed. Most big companies are owned by another.

#2 They didn't get fired, they are leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opportunity for younger and brighter developers tbh, these guys leaving is not a bad sign... Legion has been a huge success.

I need to send in an application to Blizzard. So many new vacancies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard did not loose anything in Tyson Murphy changing sides to Riot. Because Riot is none better than EA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    At the start of every expansion there has always been people leaving. Prob because they were burnt out trying to put it out and now they got a short break of constant deadlines and rushing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    810 trinkets are a slap in the face
    The World-Quest Welfare Epics are not enough? Does everything have to give 850 TF gear?