Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post
    Paladin: A whole lot of nothing until right at the end really. It didn't even feel like we were the main characters. It was just kind of...you holding the fort until the rmy of light took center stage.
    This, really. I never really felt like the Highlord of the Silver Hand during the questline, aside from the beginning when your are named Highlord and at the very end when you upgrade your weapon. Plus with the Army of Light being the actual main force of paladins in the story and... him being the grand exarch/leader/general/commander it all kinda underwhelms everything in the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-09-21 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    This, really. I never really felt like the Highlord of the Silver Hand during the questline, aside from the very end. Plus with the Army of Light being the [I]actual[/I] main force of paladins and... [I]him[/I] being the grand Exarch-leader-general-commander of it all kinda irks me.
    Sounds awful, glad I'm at least the actual leader of my little moronic order that does the lich kings bidding.. wait..
    Well.. at least I was told we only help him because it suits our goals in the beginning <<.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    After preparations are made, you use the portal of Felblaze Ingress in Azsuna to follow them, with an army of Valarjar, which are supposedly cursed not never be able to leave the Halls of Valor, thus not really making sense how they join you or even go on missions for you, and eventually defeat the Eredar and knock some sense into a corrupted Hodir.
    Here's how I think it goes. ~25k years ago Tyr recruits the to-be Aspects to fight Galakrond. You know the whole spiel how Odyn didn't approve of the empowering of the Aspects and went to go make his Valarjar, how he kills Heyla and makes the val'kyr to gather their souls for him. ~15k years ago Loken is corrupted and starts causing his trouble, including convincing Helya to finally rebel. So Odyn had ~10k years to recruit Valarjar and stuff was going his way. Helya seals Odyn and his Valarjar in the halls at this time. But as you note Odyn still has some val'kyr, such as Eyir, on his side. So he can send them out to find more vrykul to recruit as Valarjar, just not at anywhere near the quantity or ease that he used to. We have Valarjar as flight masters, quest givers, and vendors all over Stormheim. My guess is those ones were made after Helya's rebellion and thus weren't sealed away.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2016-09-21 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Fixing error.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Here's how I think it goes. ~25k years ago Tyr recruits the to-be Aspects to fight Galakrond. You know the whole spiel how Odyn didn't approve of this and went to go make his Valarjar, how he kills Heyla and makes the val'kyr to gather their souls for him. ~15k years ago Loken is corrupted and starts causing his trouble, including convincing Helya to finally rebel. So Odyn had ~10k years to recruit Valarjar and stuff was going his way. Helya seals Odyn and his Valarjar in the halls at this time. But as you note Odyn still has some val'kyr, such as Eyir, on his side. So he can send them out to find more vrykul to recruit as Valarjar, just not at anywhere near the quantity or ease that he used to. We have Valarjar as flight masters, quest givers, and vendors all over Stormheim. My guess is those ones were made after Helya's rebellion and thus weren't sealed away.
    That could make sense I guess, better than no explanation at all. :P

Although then one has to wonder whether Hymdall was a thing before or after said curse, since he also joins on missions and the final quest in the campaign.

It's just slightly confusing and an ingame explanation would've been neat. :P

Shaman one in my opinion stinks from "yeye, we know there are these famous elemental lords (THE Elemental Lords), this one was kidnapped by the Naga SIX years ago, oh nvm he freed himself - you can stop chewing your nails worrying, so there he is in your order hall. Or how about those we already killed (Ragnaros)? Oh nvm, here is this new guy with random name we never ever mentioned before (Smolderon), and no other class knows about them - everything and everyon is replacable, even the Fire elemental lord."
    Also the cliché. You're a shaman, go to Vortex Pinnacle, Deepholm, Firelands. We didn't bother to think about how Neptulon got free, so he visits (gets summoned) you.
    Ask a paladin how the new Fire elemental lord is called. I wonder what important stories I'm missing out as a shaman.
    They are trying to put too heavy stories - and groundbreaking ones - behind these single player quest lines, but ultimately it feels meaningless because of this. Not sure if it's clear how I mean.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-21 at 07:28 AM.

Demon Hunter ones were good. Prot and Ret pally ones were solid. Holy Paladin was kind of meh.

Just my humble opinions, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manaia View Post
    Are you kidding me? Nothing happens in the priest campaign?
    We learn that the Burning Legion is going to attack Netherlight Temple so we go to the Paladin class order and ask them to help serve the light and fight them. You get back to your class hall being invaded by demons, very much like the Exodar event, eventually fighting the Dreadlord Balnazzar.

I mean...nevermind, we just pick up priest NPC's.
    I enjoyed that bit as a paladin.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    i was under the impression the quest will involve using your class skills, ala vanilla, doing something "special". Kiting or tanking with your pet or something. Oh yea im a hunter. Instead its a scenario in an instance which was made in 2008.
    The story is ok, the implementation is lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Monks brew beer and defend turtle island. It's pretty bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    The monk one sucked. The entire story was a journey to make some super awesome beer. Like...seriously?
    Sounds like monks got their priorities in order!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Hunter story was meh. don't think it was bad, but nothing really remarkable happened (at least others don't have to worry about missing out)

Basically Khadgar's allmighty mage buddies get their asses kicked and come crying for help to the "lesser peoples", so we go and dress ourselves in worm entrails. (The things we do for you ungreatful bastards). Then we have hunters hunting hunting dogs of the Legion. Very huntery.
    I was kinda pissed how my champions didn't show up for the final battle, but then every one was there for the celebratory party. Assholes. Also very huntery. (yes, we did have a party)

It would've been awesome if instead of huntmaster we got Huntard as a class title.

As for artifact stories:

MM was weak. We're going to find the girl, she's not there, but hey, a bow *yoink*. That's all of it.

SV was kinda fun, but didn't put much emphasis on the artifact. I feel like there was more about it in normal Highmountain questlines.

BM positively surprised me though. I don't like guns to begin with and it was another artifact they came up with last minute, but the questline made me really connect with it (literally even) and Mimiron is a bro. (also that Skoll moment)

Finally when I look at my champion roster, half of them are: Two guys who didn't even want to be there, a retired old guy with his dog and a gnome that literally picked up a gun yesterday (I know because I showed her how) and gets to be a bodyguard.
    Not even complaining, that's also very huntery :P

"We do,what the living cannot".

Enjoyed it,though felt a bit bad about my actions in the last part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    the hunter one isn't that much of a story, it is just "go chase down this demon and kill him", which isn't bad at all but it feels like it should be twice as long and that probably goes for all class story quests.
    I agree, the hunter quest started off feeling great. You are a group of elite hunters, but that doesn't mean much in a world filled with mages, warlocks, and demon hunters. They had you build up a reputation with people proving that you can help fight off the Legion too. Then when we get introduced to Hakkar and his magic immune hounds we find our own perfect niche role to help with. Gathering all the things we needed to fight Hakkar and stop his plans was cool, but it was all just too short. I wish they would have planned out an expansion wide story for each class order hall but I could see how that would be overwhelming for the teams creating the story. Overall I would rate the hunter order hall a 7/10.

Only did druid and rogue so far.

Druid:

Feral Questchain - really boring. Your weapon is there..oh noo random NPC X stole/took your weapon, go after him.
    Balance Questchain - equally bad. Just ask the other classes that got exactly the same quest...
    Restoration Questchain - had it's moments. Find the branch, cleanse the branch, loot the branch.
    Guardian Questchain - definitely the best one druids had. You get a bit of lore, meet a wild gold, meet xavius.
    Overall class campaign - Apart from the annoying timesink part every class had it was pretty good, helping Malorne defeat archimonde in his nightmare was pretty good

Rogue:
    Outlaw Questchain - Pirates of the Caribbean stuff (meaning undead, curses, monsters) was alright
    Subtlety Questchain - pretty bad (hunt random person you neaver heard about and get your free weapon) but meeting Kil'jaeden was pretty cool.
    Assassination Questchain - Assassins Creed in Stormwind, definitely one of the better ones overall and probably the best rogue questchain.
    Overall class campaign - Was alright, in the beginning it was a murder mystery, we had a bit of lore on Hugin & Munin (or rather their WoW counterparts), discovered why the Broken Shore was such a disaster and saved a pretty important NPC.
    Last edited by Golforth; 2016-09-21 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    Warlock Campaign: Excellent.

Druid Campaign: Too much Hippy Treehugery Stuff. Mylune is back, as a Follower. Nothing more needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    i was under the impression the quest will involve using your class skills, ala vanilla, doing something "special". Kiting or tanking with your pet or something. Oh yea im a hunter. Instead its a scenario in an instance which was made in 2008.
    The story is ok, the implementation is lackluster.
    SV quest once told me I'm supposed to use freezing trap, but I was doing it in BM so just shrugged and moved on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    This, really. I never really felt like the Highlord of the Silver Hand during the questline, aside from the beginning when your are named Highlord and at the very end when you upgrade your weapon. Plus with the Army of Light being the actual main force of paladins in the story and... him being the grand exarch/leader/general/commander it all kinda underwhelms everything in the bigger picture.
    I will give it this. I really liked Delas being knighted. It's lead to a lot of discussion about Night Elf Paladins as a possibility, which is good. It was also probably the only time other than the two you mentioned you really felt like the Highlord of the Silver Hand. Most, if not all, of the other champions in order halls that I've seen, someone told me to recruit them.I was told to go and recruit Vanessa VanCleef after she tried to kill me, I was told to go ressurect Nazgrim, I was told to bring the Shade of Akama onto my space ship. But with Delas, she was asking me permission to join my order and to do some good. It was just a really nice scene, and probably the highlight of the paladin order hall campaign. I mean, sure, I still HAD to do it in terms of gameplay, but damnit this was the first time I wasn't doing something where some shmuck I'm supposed to be the boss of told me to.

7+ Year Old Account
    The rogue 1 was alright The story was a bit meh, but the characters was very good The admiral/pirate dude in the rogue story is fucking hilarious xD I have laughed more of that story then i have of any other So i am very satisfied
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Hunter one was pretty bad in my opinion.

Like: Oh! There is a slightly bigger felguard there, with some felhounds!
    Better go farm some 12h missions, mate.
    Oh, you're done? Go to VH and kill the bigger felguard!

GREAT SUCCESS.

Not a single memorable thing, from discovering the Trueshot Lodge ("oh, just so you know, there is a place where hunters are, you should go check it out, and become their leader maybe") to finish. Kinda dissappointed, but the Lodge itself is amazing, so there's that.

The Rogue one was great. if you want to make an arguement by breaking something down to its bare components, anything will sound lame.

ignoring the meat inbetween like a character who's been around since vanilla and in multiple expansions since then dying, the spy work in dalaran and SW, etc etc

I enjoyed the DK class story, up until the final scenario, then it just became idiotic.

Warrior one just fealt so off, I mean it's almost like it was a story for a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyph View Post
    -snip-
    Not that you mention it, that one was pretty cool. Definitely up there.