Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to jump into normal raid @ 825 gear maybe even 800. There were people running mythic dungeons sub 800 ilvl

Normal raid drops 850 gear and youll probably see dick groups require 850+ gear for something that drops same ilvl within a week

Though todo Heroic Raid id say you should have at least 840

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    It's safe to say that no matter your ilvl, it's doubtful you're equipped for difficult content.
    Actually, I was a serious raider in TBC & WotLK.
    Then life happened.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    833 might as well be 800 in the current culture though, so eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone ask for anything? No?

Yeah, shove that tired old shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Random heroics give the best gear in the game?

Oh, you mean legendaries?

Yeah, that's a reliable path to gearing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's good. No, honestly, that's really awesome, I like it. Haven't been able to duplicate that yet (I assume you're Prot) but it's encouraging at least.
    Actually I was referring to the absurd WF/TF system, which very very commonly procs higher ilevels on any gear(including random heroic gear). Gearing up in Legion is absurdly easy, so instead of complaining on forums maybe you should try playing the game and actually trying to get some gear.
    I mean, I have 2 845+ characters and another 2 at around 810-815(and on the 2 lower ilevel ones I've barely done anything to get to that gear level, just some emissary caches and world quests), it really isn't that much effort to gear one character.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-20 at 10:27 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Tried Guilds Tried Premades It's been bad results So i gotta wait until LFR Opens i'm a 831 DH DPS.
    Like a lot of people here have said, if you are 831 now, then you have done something horribly wrong. Gear is literally handed to you with minimal effort and you haven't done even that. I am not saying this to belittle you but to underline that what you apparently consider an acceptable ilevel is far from it.

Yeah, 810 is trivial, getting past 840 basically requires a shitload of heroic spam and RNG, or getting into mythics early. If you're under 840, you get all the "but it's so easy, so you must suck or not be serious or something. /deny" attitudes from everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

"Horribly wrong"

I mean, really. Get over yourselves, people.
    I mean, he's not wrong. Fill some gaps with crafted gear and otherwise just keep doing WQs that award gear(even if it's not an upgrade in its "raw" state)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I got kicked out of a Heroic Emerald Nightmare raid tonight (it was a PUG).. the first boss enraged at 8% and I got kicked (I'm a Havoc DH), because I did a little under 170k DPS.. The way the group was doing the fight, everyone was just running around and not attacking the boss during her downed phase, they just told everyone to avoid taking damage.. So, between Rot, running out of the raid with Rot, and the 2nd phase running around and not attacking the boss (as instructed), I did about 170k DPS with whatever amount of Downtime that was.. I'm 849 iLevel but most of my gear is haste/mastery/versatility and I'm only at 35% crit because of gear RNG, nothing I feel I can control. In dungeons and with friends, I feel my DPS is always high.. but apparently not? I feel like quitting right now. In my head, I had like 60-70% uptime on boss because of all the shit that melee can't do in the fight, and because they didn't have a safe-zone on P2, we were just running around. It's also worth noting that 2 of the DPS died in the first minute of what (a 10 minute?) fight, and I got kicked even though I wasn't dumb enough to stand in shit and die..

Anyways.. feel like quitting. I guess I suck
    Last edited by Treecko; 2016-09-21 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    I got kicked out of a Heroic Emerald Nightmare raid tonight (it was a PUG).. the first boss enraged at 8% and I got kicked (I'm a Havoc DH), because I did a little under 170k DPS.. The way the group was doing the fight, everyone was just running around and not attacking the boss during her downed phase, they just told everyone to avoid taking damage.. So, between Rot, running out of the raid with Rot, and the 2nd phase running around and not attacking the boss (as instructed), I did about 170k DPS with whatever amount of Downtime that was.. I'm 849 iLevel but most of my gear is haste/mastery/versatility and I'm only at 35% crit because of gear RNG, nothing I feel I can control. In dungeons and with friends, I feel my DPS is always high.. but apparently not? I feel like quitting right now. In my head, I had like 60-70% uptime on boss because of all the shit that melee can't do in the fight, and because they didn't have a safe-zone on P2, we were just running around. It's also worth noting that 2 of the DPS died in the first minute of what (a 10 minute?) fight, and I got kicked even though I wasn't dumb enough to stand in shit and die..

Avoiding damage doesn't mean you need to stop hitting the boss. The poison gets dragged in in a straight line, so you can easily see where it'll be going.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Avoiding damage doesn't mean you need to stop hitting the boss. The poison gets dragged in in a straight line, so you can easily see where it'll be going.
    I'm saying that the way the raid was being lead, the poison was being spread in a circle around the boss along every wall, so it was getting dragged in a straight line to the center of the room from every direction. Because of the way they were leading the raid, it was basically impossible for a melee to be near the boss. There was no "safe zone", as there should be.

I'm saying that the way the raid was being lead, the poison was being spread in a circle around the boss along every wall, so it was getting dragged in a straight line to the center of the room from every direction. Because of the way they were leading the raid, it was basically impossible for a melee to be near the boss. There was no "safe zone", as there should be.
    Then you pop a CD and run through the thinnest point, there's plenty of ways to continue doing damage while still avoiding the majority of the damage. Or being a DH you use your Fel Rush/Vengeful retreat in a way that gets you to the other side of the poison
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Have to say that this is partly down to you. Just because an item is a higher level does not mean it's an upgrade. If most of your pieces are haste/mastery/vers over crit, that's on you to figure out if you should use lower level gear, or keep grinding for proper stats. Crafted gear exists, and just because something doesn't drop doesn't mean you stop trying to get it.

I mean, I feel like I know how to play. That's what I was doing the first few attempts, and then some other people got killed during the phase so the raid leader said people would get kicked if he saw melee dpsing during the phase. I'm not an idiot, that's the reason we didn't even make the enrage timer.. the highest DPS phase of the fight, no one was DPSing. The regular downtime of running out and waiting for rot to wear wouldn't have been such a huge hit. Either way, whatever. In response to above post, the RNG I mentioned involves me running every mythic every week (except for the first week when I didn't have the rep for Arcway/Court).. I haven't found suitable lower ilevel replacements and I'm not even in a raiding guild so I had no reason to craft and then max out a crafted piece of gear.. was just pugging a raid.

Edit: I get it, I do suck. Understood. Done!
    Last edited by Treecko; 2016-09-21 at 06:23 AM.

Deleted
    Well, 840 isn't going to be "Acceptable" at all though, of course.

But yeah, like I keep saying: The way WoW is today, if you're not already 845-850 at least right now and you're not already in some decent organized raid team or something, you might as well just unsub now if any kind of PvE progression is what you're interested in. Everything settles in so fast now that - unless LFR once a week is enough to keep you subbed - there's just no reason to bother.
    This is simply not true. You don't need a guild for anything besides mythic. I've played the majority of WoD without a proper raid team and it was absolutly fine. Since i'm fine with clearing heroic, the luxury of making my own pugs or drop in/out whenever i want is priceless.

Deleted
    Well I feel like i'm not geared enough to enter raids...

and i'm a ret-pally with:
    - ilvl 849
    - 30% haste (which is the soft-cap we should be going for)
    but i guess my OCD keeps me feeling incomplete due to:
    - 849 not being 850!!!
    - not currently being able to afford the best neck enchant :/

I came back from 2 week vacation on Saturday night and i am 838 (843 with not optimized items). Did not buy a single piece of an item.
    Do not get it how can you be 831. Gearing up is so easy.

My wife plays the game socially and managed 848 ilvl....

Imho anything below 840 would be unacceptable for heroic EN progression with the aim to clear it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Really hate item level, hell, for me all it does is show what gear I have in my bag. I've had 3-5 item levels more in my bag than I've had equipped consistently because the items are downgrades but all people look at is the number. I'm 848 and my gear is perfectly optimised, I could be 851 and lose a HEAP of dps; currently a fire Mage sat at 57%, 22% mastery and 3% haste (from the weapon). It's frustrating to think if I didn't keep the trash higher loot in my bags, people would no doubt start instant declining me in a few weeks once people start asking for 880 for heroic lol.

My point is, I've played the absolute shit out of legion since it released, but I could have easily been less than 845 equipped with just poor luck. All these people with dumb item level in week one or two are either stupidly lucky or not optimising.

Unless you use obliterum of course (love it).
    Yeah, indeed, i haven't played that much (trying to be more chilled and casual this expac to not burn myself out to quickly) and reached 839. 53% crit, 19 % mastery. Perfect optimized gear as fire mage (only crit/mastery in every slot), keep gettin shit items with higher ilvl. Well looking at the loot table of EN, its not going to get much better. Anyways, if you cant find a pug, make your own.
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2016-09-21 at 08:22 AM.