Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Alliance betrayel of Blood Elves which resulted Blood Elves losing 90% of their population is much worse then Sylvanas retreat, but i dont see Horde or Blood Elves asking for payback or revenge.

Alliance had leaders even more racistic than Garrosh like Grand Marshall Othmar Garithos, but Horde was fighting vs Garrosh in their own city, and Alliance wasnt fighting against Garithos.

When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before boming of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.

Characters like Jaina and Genn Greymane saying that Horde betrayed them and want Revenge, Alliance betrayed Blood Elves alot but Blood elf characters doesnt asking for Revenge? (expect maybe female belf voice npcs sound "We will have our revenge" )

And Lor'themar Theron wanted to join Alliance during MOP? After Human & Alliance Army didnt helped when Scourge was attacking Blood Elves, and after Alliance used Blood Elves as cannon fodder.

Im not saying whole Alliance obssesed with Revenge, but certain characters like Genn,Jaina and Rogers, and Alliance soldiers in Stormheim quests.

Why its so one sided?

Well. The latest expansions have tried to balance the "Good vs Evil" towards "Grey vs Grey", so it's natural that each expansion drives the story in different directions. For instance, at one point the horde was actually the good guys (end of thralls era), so they decided to hand over the horde mantle to some nationalistic prick with a thirst for power, then he turned mega evil and the horde was suddenly the mega bad guys again..then they repented and got a super boring warchief..So now they killed him and handed us a really cool interesting warchief with loads of layers..but she is clearly on the evil side..so they had to make some of the alliance characters "crazy"..in comes Jaina Proudmoore

all in all i think they're doing a great job with the story. The only Stupid part is that Thrall vanished when he finally found peace and didn't return when the horde needed him the most as warchief.

And for the first time the alliance has a Gay leader aswell (not openly..yet..but clearly..)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    The Alliance (Varian) let the Horde live when Garrosh was defeated, why would the Horde want revenge when the Alliance came to help them save their faction ?
    I don't think you should see the Alliance invasion of Orgrimmar as "helping save the faction". Varian would proberly have invaded the city even if Vol'jin was not leading a rebellion. Garrosh tried to kill his kid, so Garrosh had to be put down
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    "Follow him". Nice words for dictatorship/slavery
    Did you vote for your king or any of your leaders?

Of course not when your high king tells you to jump you say how high just like any other leader the only difference with garry was he wanted to take his people all the way and not give a fuck who got in his way.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-21 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Did you vote for your king or any of your leaders?

Of course not when your high king tells you to jump you say how high just like any other leader the only difference with garry was he wanted to take his people all the way and not give a fuck who got in his way.
    Fanboyism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Fanboyism at its finest.
    You mentioned dictatorships not me. Its not fanboyism its just realism because not one leader has ever been voted for by the player populace or even the NPC populace. Well maybe the gnome leader but iam still not sure how that shit works LOL
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-09-21 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azimon View Post
    Well. The latest expansions have tried to balance the "Good vs Evil" towards "Grey vs Grey", so it's natural that each expansion drives the story in different directions. For instance, at one point the horde was actually the good guys (end of thralls era), so they decided to hand over the horde mantle to some nationalistic prick with a thirst for power, then he turned mega evil and the horde was suddenly the mega bad guys again..then they repented and got a super boring warchief..So now they killed him and handed us a really cool interesting warchief with loads of layers..but she is clearly on the evil side..so they had to make some of the alliance characters "crazy"..in comes Jaina Proudmoore

all in all i think they're doing a great job with the story. The only Stupid part is that Thrall vanished when he finally found peace and didn't return when the horde needed him the most as warchief.

And for the first time the alliance has a Gay leader aswell (not openly..yet..but clearly..)
    Pre Cata/MOP both Horde and Alliance was Gray, but with Garrosh during Cata/MOP Horde "was Evil" but Horde+Alliance both defeated Garrosh in the end of MOP and Horde became Gray again.

But its unfair that Horde is going to be "Evil" again, it would be more fair if Horde was evil during Cata/MOP and became good during Legion. It was Alliance turn to become Evil, after Horde killed their own leader with Alliance help.

Why some Allliance characters obssesed with Revenge on Horde, but Horde ones not?
    Hu... because it's the Horde which inflicted attacks on the Alliance that would bring the need for revenge ?
    I mean, save for the Blood Elves, all Horde races are invaders attempting to carve their territories into native lands, remember ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Hu... because it's the Horde which inflicted attacks on the Alliance that would bring the need for revenge ?
    I mean, save for the Blood Elves, all Horde races are invaders attempting to carve their territories into native lands, remember ?
    Blood elves and Taurens.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Blood elves and Taurens.
    Actually, Taurens aren't native from Mulgore. It's a good part of the Horde campaign in W3 to bring them there.
    (though okay, they hardly fight the Alliance to get it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Actually, Taurens aren't native from Mulgore. It's a good part of the Horde campaign in W3 to bring them there.
    (though okay, they hardly fight the Alliance to get it)
    Most Forsaken are Lordaeron natives and Lordaeron founders , some Forsaken are ex High Elves like Sylvanas.

And apart from Alliance their homeland getting attacked by Scarlet Crusade humans, Scourge, and human-Necromancers.

"The people who called this land their home in life, do so in death as well. But the alliance does not recognize our rights. They claim this land is their own while attempting to invalidate the claims of the founders of this kingdom. I will never allow it.... Never! Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken - always and forever."

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner

The Alliance characters wanting "revenge" against Sylvana's for the Broken Shore event, are just too damned stupid to realize that it wasn't a case of betrayal... it was a case of "retreat and save what we can rather than die for nothing here!"...

Oh, I got my revenge. And I continue to get my revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Garrosh wanted the best for his people he even said so while he looked upon what the mogu built in the shrine and he said this is what my people deserve.

Azeroth is a hostile world full of people who want you dead and you blame him for just wanting to just take?

The Horde is all about survival while the alliance is all about pride.
    Garrosh=General Zod(Superman)...they both want the best for their people.

Most Forsaken are Lordaeron natives and Lordaeron founders , some Forsaken are ex High Elves like Sylvanas.

And apart from Alliance their homeland getting attacked by Scarlet Crusade humans, Scourge, and human-Necromancers.
    Forsaken are a weird case : they were Lordaeron natives in life, but are now undead... and killing the actual still-living Lordaeron natives. Puts them firmly in "invaders" category here.
    Also, amusing you say "their homeland getting attacked by Scarlet Crusade", when the guys of the Scarlet Crusade ARE actual natives of Lordaeron

As for Sylvanas, she's not a native either (she'd rather be a Blood Elve one ), and she slaughtered said natives to build her kingdom... so her claims aren't worth shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The Alliance characters wanting "revenge" against Sylvana's for the Broken Shore event, are just too damned stupid to realize that it wasn't a case of betrayal... it was a case of "retreat and save what we can rather than die for nothing here!"...
    Of course it would have been too hard to have Sylvannas shout "Varian, get out of here, we need to retreat, we're attacked in the back" instead of just shrugging and leaving.
    (TBH I put the blame on Blizzard bad writing here)

Garrosh had many proponents among the Horde. We'd like to think they were all taken out in the Siege of Org, but who can say? Just because he is dead does not mean his ideas died with him.

The Horde's power structure, especially among the orcs, is based on might makes right. That's pretty scary when you think about it. Any nutjob who is strong or influential enough can become Garrosh 2.0 almost overnight... where the Alliance has a few more checks and balances going on there.

That doesn't mean Gelbin Mekkatorque cannot build a nuke and use it on Thunder Bluff ... but it does mean it is a little less likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you missed all the Horde players demanding Jaina's head for kicking them out of Dalaran?

Alliance betrayel of Blood Elves which resulted Blood Elves losing 90% of their population is much worse then Sylvanas retreat, but i dont see Horde or Blood Elves asking for payback or revenge.

Alliance had leaders even more racistic than Garrosh like Grand Marshall Othmar Garithos, but Horde was fighting vs Garrosh in their own city, and Alliance wasnt fighting against Garithos.

When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before bombing of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.

Characters like Jaina and Genn Greymane saying that Horde betrayed them and want Revenge, Alliance betrayed Blood Elves alot but Blood elf characters doesnt asking for Revenge? (expect maybe female belf voice npcs sound "We will have our revenge" )

And Lor'themar Theron wanted to join Alliance during MOP? After Human & Alliance Army didnt helped when Scourge was attacking Blood Elves, and after Alliance used Blood Elves as cannon fodder.

Im not saying whole Alliance obssesed with Revenge, but certain characters like Genn,Jaina and Rogers, and Alliance soldiers in Stormheim quests.

Why its so one sided?
    I'm gonna guess you main blood elf and only care about their lore? Because there's plenty of better examples.

Orcs just want the Alliance to leave them alone now that Garrosh is disposed. From an Orc's perspective the story you're told is basically "we just want to live in peace we're worn out from the bloodlust" but it's constant attacks from night elves and humans that force them to fight. Makes you sympathize with the "brutes"

From the Undead perspective it's all about revenge. Death to the living. Kill more to bolster your ranks, kill for your queen. You're seen as a monster to all of the living, not just the Alliance. Screw the living, but Allie with the Horde for convenience.

Tauren are all about peace. Their morals are constantly flip-floppy because Blizzard needs to write them as part of the Horde, even though they're the biggest proponents of peaceful coexistence. They aid the Night Elves a lot.

Trolls are just trolls. They don't have a story unless an Orc is there too.

Goblins get plenty of revenge on the Alliance navy. They get stranded on the Lost Isles so they mcGuyver some explosives to blow the shit out of the Alliance.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-21 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Orcs just want the Alliance to leave them alone now that Garrosh is disposed. From an Orc's perspective the story you're told is basically "we just want to live in peace we're worn out from the bloodlust" but it's constant attacks from night elves and humans that force them to fight. Makes you sympathize with the "brutes"
    "Hello, we invaded your world and tried to genocide you. After we lost, you were much more magnanimous toward us than we would have been toward you, so you imprisonned us instead of slaughtering. Then we escaped, went to kill your God. Then we had a good fight against the Legion, after which we started expanding in your territories and razing your forests. Then we tried again to kill everybody, then lost again and again you shown clemency and let us live free. Now sympathize with us, because despite always initiating aggression and always being treated very well in defeat, we want to play the victim card."

I have a hard time to swallow that

(notice I was myself magnanimous and didn't notice how uncorrupted Orcs still went to try to genocide the world a third time simply because Garrosh told them to)

Because vocal alliance fanboys are used to getting their way by whining. They think they need the story needs to punish the horde cause Blizzard decided to kill their stuptid king. In their tear-filled eyes they are always the victims, they always deserve reparations for whatever happens in the story they think it's not 100% in their favor and they can't stop talking about killing Sylvanas.

Most annoying people as far as I'm concerned. Especially the RP-er ones. The Horde has some too but not as many or at least not as vocal.

When doing quests, I see humans and Alliance invading and attacking Barrens and Durotar long before bombing of Theramore, but i dont see Orcs ,Taurens or Trolls asking for Revenge.

Why its so one sided?

Because the Alliance are racist assholes and the Horde just want to be left alone.